JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's always been this predictable though. I mean I haven't read the threads yet but within seconds I saw Marotta and Pogba threads being bumped.

Midfield is one of the issues but it's one of many at once. I suppose if you flail in every direction you're bound to hit something.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Midfield is the main issue. Apart from Marchisio right now, we have no player worth playing.

Khedira, Pjanic, Sturaro, Hernanes, Lemina shouldn't be starting for a team aiming for the CL.

We went from the best Midfield in the world to a " i have no adjective to describe what we have now " in a span of two years.

We raised quality in other areas for sure, but we sold our best players 2 years in a row and we failed to replace them adequatly.

Unless Allegri decides to play with 2 man MF and limit the damages, we have no chance of making it in the CL with that kind of MF.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Selling pogba and not finding an adequate replacement is unforgivable, it makes me wonder whether marotta is spewing BS about "We would have signed higuain even if we didnt sell Pogba" and now we're relying on the likes of hernanes and lemina ffs

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Khedira, Pjanic and Lemina (in the future) will all show their worth or have before, but I know how easy it is to throw everything away in these moments. Anyway, the midfield issue isn't down to individuals. Once again it was a different bunch of midfielders.

Midfield isn't something you throw together in a few games, sometimes you can hit the ground running but that isn't the case for us, we are trying to build on sand and it's exposed by other issues.

- - - Updated - - -

and now we're relying on the likes of hernanes and lemina ffs
Neither of whom played tonight or are even regulars.

Anyway I'm sure there'll be plenty of this to read when I log back on again.

Have to laugh at how bad that performance actually was tonight.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Midfield is the main issue. Apart from Marchisio right now, we have no player worth playing.

Khedira, Pjanic, Sturaro, Hernanes, Lemina shouldn't be starting for a team aiming for the CL.

We went from the best Midfield in the world to a " i have no adjective to describe what we have now " in a span of two years.

We raised quality in other areas for sure, but we sold our best players 2 years in a row and we failed to replace them adequatly.

Unless Allegri decides to play with 2 man MF and limit the damages, we have no chance of making it in the CL with that kind of MF.
dont worry some recon this mandragora kid is going to explode and be our midfield saviour

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i know this is hindsight

but i feel like the 130million we spent on on pjanic and higgy would have been better spent on james and mahrez and maybe tryin to buy out morata

not doubting higgy's quality, but pjanic yeah. morata was proven clutch in cl and we we won serie playing with average cfs. we knew since last season main issue was having a playmaker and or a very direct player would be imporant...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Higuain was a must have now or never option.
In the past decade we have been failing to get such a player, so overspending just for that position is justified, whilst overspending that much for Pjanic and Pjaca was a mistake, esp for Pjanic as Marotta is mastermind at landing CMs for peanuts. O well, he will easily fix the CM issues dont have any doubds for that!

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Higuain was a must have now or never option.
In the past decade we have been failing to get such a player, so overspending just for that position is justified, whilst overspending that much for Pjanic and Pjaca was a mistake, esp for Pjanic as Marotta is mastermind at landing CMs for peanuts. O well, he will easily fix the CM issues dont have any doubds for that!
Please stop. We definitely overspend for Higuain, cause he never proved to be player worth that much. I still like him and he is growing on me for each game.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i know this is hindsight

but i feel like the 130million we spent on on pjanic and higgy would have been better spent on james and mahrez and maybe tryin to buy out morata

not doubting higgy's quality, but pjanic yeah. morata was proven clutch in cl and we we won serie playing with average cfs. we knew since last season main issue was having a playmaker and or a very direct player would be imporant...
we lost in sevilla and drew 'gladbach with pogba and morata.

both pjanic and higuain are fine additions. my only concern with our mercato was the lack of a (or two) proper b2b midfielder á la vidal. asamoah, hernanes or sturaro should not start any cl match, we need at least one more player with marchisio's workrate and holding/passing abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)