Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Same problem every year.too many changes for a team trying to wing the CL.

From the team that made it to the Final in 2014. Whole new MF and whole new attack.

Really Bizarre approach.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Same problem every year.too many changes for a team trying to wing the CL.

From the team that made it to the Final in 2014. Whole new MF and whole new attack.

Really Bizarre approach.
He couldn't do much about a lot of it. Pirlo was finished, Tevez had his heart set on returning to Boca, Morata clause, Marchisio injury, robbing Man Utd 100m for Pogba etc..

Selling Vidal even if he wanted to leave is inexcusable though. If he left because he thought he could win CL with Bayern and not with us coming right off the back of the final defeat means they didn't do enough to try and keep him. By far the biggest blunder he's done.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Just to give an example, when Inter won the CL in 2010, they made multiple changes as well just like us.

They had a whole new attack , midfield was upgraded from the previous season making multiple changes. Nothing to different to what we did this year because the spine of the team is pretty much the same.

I don't have that high hopes as far as WINNING cl is concerned buy let's not pretend like we've changed the whole team again.

The only frustrating thing right now is the coach is refusing to field his best lineup in important games for some odd reason. I very much welcome the media scrutiny on him because if you had a mercato like this year, it's natural you're going to be put under the microscope in literally every game just like how Pogba is from the English media as far as his price tag is concerned.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Just to give an example, when Inter won the CL in 2010, they made multiple changes as well just like us.

They had a whole new attack , midfield was upgraded from the previous season making multiple changes. Nothing to different to what we did this year because the spine of the team is pretty much the same.

I don't have that high hopes as far as WINNING cl is concerned buy let's not pretend like we've changed the whole team again.

The only frustrating thing right now is the coach is refusing to field his best lineup in important games for some odd reason. I very much welcome the media scrutiny on him because if you had a mercato like this year, it's natural you're going to be put under the microscope in literally every game just like how Pogba is from the English media as far as his price tag is concerned.
:tup:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

:tup:

Allegri has cost us two games in the space of five days, due to his awful and baffling selections. People can lament about the quality of our mercato all they want, but the fact is, he has a top class team that most managers in the world would dream of having, he just needs to start playing his best players in the big games.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's not only Allegri.

The lack of one, or actually two capable midfielders has been exposed very clearly. They made the wrong assumption of counting on Asamoah, and we are fucked. God forbid if Khedira gets injured or Pjanic really takes time to adapt.

Marotta fucked this one up.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's not only Allegri.

The lack of one, or actually two capable midfielders has been exposed very clearly. They made the wrong assumption of counting on Asamoah, and we are fucked. God forbid if Khedira gets injured or Pjanic really takes time to adapt.

Marotta fucked this one up.
We definitely should have signed another quality CM. That's why it wasn't a perfect mercato, but a damn good one.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
We definitely should have signed another quality CM. That's why it wasn't a perfect mercato, but a damn good one.
Well, let's wait more to say if it was that good.

Marotta made a high risk bet. He overpaid immensely for Higuain, and left midfield uncovered for at least 5 months.

If in january we are leading the league, have classified 1st position in our CL group and he manages to sign a really good CM, we can say it was damn good.

But things actually may go south, considering the midfield situation, a possible decline of Barza/Chiellini and Allegri not being able to make correct choices.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Did he?

For all we know, we took a step backwards this summer. Too early to tell anyway.
Do you really think we did though? Results are what matter of course, but I for one wouldn't blame Beppe if this team fails.

Would you take this team over the team that made the CL final. ??
Yes, not taking hindsight in consideration of course. Would you not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)