DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Juventus director Beppe Marotta assured Paul Pogba is “fundamental” and described the replacement for Claudio Marchisio.

“We too want to create a competitive team and therefore Pogba is a fundamental part of that,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

Alvaro Morata said he wants to stay in Turin, but Real Madrid have the buy-back option.

“We want to plan out the transfer strategy as quickly as possible. Clearly right now Real Madrid are fighting for the Liga title and the Champions League, so understandably their strategy has not been defined yet.”

Marchisio’s season is over after anterior cruciate ligament surgery, also forcing him to miss Euro 2016.

“We hope to get Marchisio back as soon as possible, even if we know that after surgery in situations like this it won’t be until at least the end of September or mid-October.

“We are certain he will take his place with certainty and we’ll evaluate together the best way to substitute him.

“We won’t sign a specific replacement for him, but rather we will sign an eclectic midfielder with different qualities.

“Our main objective is to build a group that is 'Made in Italy’ to give us guarantees and consistency based on top level professionals.

“On top of that, our 'little old men’ are proving to be up to the task and we’re sure they can continue to play an important role.

“We’ll seek our players in Italy first and foremost, then if we don’t find them we’ll look around Europe.”

Zelinski ?!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Marotta always uses the term 'eclectic', in his eyes it's someone who is both versatile and has personality. That makes more sense when you consider that a CM who could cover across the midfield three would be useful for us, considering injuries this season.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I believe hust and I were getting attacked up in here during the summer for defending the great man. Question, what would Moggi have done if he would have taken over at the same time that the great man came here from samp? I was 14 when Juve got relegated to B and didnt know much about anything other than the players. But from reading these boards, ive came to the conclusion that Moggi also wasnt a crazy spender. Or am I wrong?

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I believe hust and I were getting attacked up in here during the summer for defending the great man. Question, what would Moggi have done if he would have taken over at the same time that the great man came here from samp? I was 14 when Juve got relegated to B and didnt know much about anything other than the players. But from reading these boards, ive came to the conclusion that Moggi also wasnt a crazy spender. Or am I wrong?
have you read the story about moggi and cyril domoraud? that's summed it up :lol:

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
Look at this team. Just look at it.

Rugani, 21, improving with every game. Alex Sandro, 25, potentially the best LB in the world. Dybala, 22, tearing shit up every week.

Not to mention Lemina and Morata, another two quality young players.

Then there's Khedira (on a FREE) and Mandzukic.

What a team Beppe has built, to doubt him is just crazy.

I'm sure there will be many cursing him this summer, and once again he'll prove everyone wrong.

May 22, 2007
Moggi did break the transfer record with Napoli in the 80s, but he was at Juve for about 12 years? When the club was one of the best financially in the world. Juventus spent big because they could. Marotta entered Juventus in a very different situation.

I guess the most we have to go on is his interviews. He's called Schelotto a "champion" in the last few years, and he's said that signing Tevez would be the biggest disaster to hit Juve. I'm sure he's made a couple of good calls too, I think he praised the Dybala purchase. I suppose he'd do well overall eventually, but Marotta and Paratici are dominating.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Moggi did very well in almost all our transfers... But under his control we were relegate and I can't stand that... Zlatan + Juve grit&courage, we were battle all almighty Pep's Barca

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
“Our main objective is to build a group that is 'Made in Italy’ to give us guarantees

“We’ll seek our players in Italy first and foremost, then if we don’t find them we’ll look around Europe.”

I find that to be a shortsighted approach. It's not like we haven't seen Italy-based players flop before, like Isla and Salas long ago. There's no guarantee and basically you're limiting your talent pool.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Juventus director Beppe Marotta assured Paul Pogba is “fundamental” and described the replacement for Claudio Marchisio.

“We too want to create a competitive team and therefore Pogba is a fundamental part of that,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

Alvaro Morata said he wants to stay in Turin, but Real Madrid have the buy-back option.

“We want to plan out the transfer strategy as quickly as possible. Clearly right now Real Madrid are fighting for the Liga title and the Champions League, so understandably their strategy has not been defined yet.”

Marchisio’s season is over after anterior cruciate ligament surgery, also forcing him to miss Euro 2016.

“We hope to get Marchisio back as soon as possible, even if we know that after surgery in situations like this it won’t be until at least the end of September or mid-October.

“We are certain he will take his place with certainty and we’ll evaluate together the best way to substitute him.

“We won’t sign a specific replacement for him, but rather we will sign an eclectic midfielder with different qualities.

“Our main objective is to build a group that is 'Made in Italy’ to give us guarantees and consistency based on top level professionals.

“On top of that, our 'little old men’ are proving to be up to the task and we’re sure they can continue to play an important role.

Zelinski ?!
"Eclectic", "Made in Italy", "Little Old Men"...I'm loving these new Marotta buzz-words :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I find that to be a shortsighted approach. It's not like we haven't seen Italy-based players flop before, like Isla and Salas long ago. There's no guarantee and basically you're limiting your talent pool.
The end of the second sentence...

Last three summers we bought in Khedira, Alex Sandro, Mandzukic, Lemina, Coman, Morata, Evra, Tevez, Llorente, Caceres and Pogba all from overseas clubs, plus Cuadrado, who only recently left Italy. These are/were all important players.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
"Eclectic", "Made in Italy", "Little Old Men"...I'm loving these new Marotta buzz-words :D
Eclectic has been his choice for a while. :D

- - - Updated - - -

"we look in italy first, then europe"

Well, basically he confirmed we'll look in europe. Thats my take
I think he just confirmed a nice barbecue with Saponara sauce all over it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)