Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Mandzukic in general is not a bad transfer at all and as I've mentioned a few months ago there were good reasons why Marotta purchased him.

But personally, my gripe has been that both him and Cuadrado are upsetting the balance of our attack which(initially) forced Allegri to bench Dybala and ofcourse play Morata in wide positions.
Personally, I think both Morata and Dybala should be starting together every week as I believe those two are our best attackers.
Yes Mandzukic scored crucial goals in CL but I still maintain he should be more of a rotational striker than our frontline CF.
We have 50+ games this year, in all likelihood. I fail to see why Mandzukic and Morata can't each easily start in the range of 30 matches. Occasionally playing them together when Dybala needs a rest. It really shouldn't be a problem. If Morata is in great form play him for a run of matches, using Mandzukic as a late game sub. If Mandzukic is in great form, give him a run of matches. And so on. It should be very easy to give each of them a ton of matches this year as our starting CF. We really shouldn't be playing Morata out of position to accommodate Mandzukic as an every game starter, nor the same in reverse imo, as Morata still has not shown the consistency required in Serie A.

Cuadrado is more of a problem, as I despise the 4-3-3 with him. I can't wait for Pereyra to get back for a 4-3-1-2. Although I wish Allegri would try Pogba or Cuadrado as a CAM in 4-3-1-2 for the time being. Cuadrado can also play SS which would allow him to spell Dybala on occasion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Mandzukic was a good signing for us definitely. He is a proven quality player so I don't have any issues with his transfer.

Problem is though Hernanes is a loser will never be a winner so I can't justify Marotta signing him.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
Hernanes purchase was just to give an option to Allegri to have an AM cause he wanted it and we played 4-3-1-2 also last season when we did great. He's not world class, but since the collapse of Draxler and Gotze deals and the unavailability of Isco and Oscar and so on... It's been a partial mistake because we should have moved sooner and with clearer ideas, but it's not one of the things that ruin your season, since we have a team that can have solidity without an AM.

Cuadrado tho, I can't really understand it. If we were a winger-based team ok, but it's been really a random signing. I suppose we can consider him a jolly from now on, but it's quite ridiculous to have him permabenched (since in a 3-5-2 Allegri will never bench Lichtsteiner). And the bigger problem is that if he doesn't find continuity he's just lost in the pitch, like against City.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Hernanes purchase was just to give an option to Allegri to have an AM cause he wanted it and we played 4-3-1-2 also last season when we did great. He's not world class, but since the collapse of Draxler and Gotze deals and the unavailability of Isco and Oscar and so on... It's been a partial mistake because we should have moved sooner and with clearer ideas, but it's not one of the things that ruin your season, since we have a team that can have solidity without an AM.

Cuadrado tho, I can't really understand it. If we were a winger-based team ok, but it's been really a random signing. I suppose we can consider him a jolly from now on, but it's quite ridiculous to have him permabenched (since in a 3-5-2 Allegri will never bench Lichtsteiner). And the bigger problem is that if he doesn't find continuity he's just lost in the pitch, like against City.
and was very innacurate today.

he just doesnt work for us,,., evern when he does good dribbles..he just cant create anythiing and we tend play bad with him on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)