baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Opening his big mouth is one of them. He has hard time keeping things to himself. I think he loves speaking with the media, especially about our transfers.

Another one is his youth policy. I like the fact that we have brought in a lot of new youngsters, but we are throwing away Pinsoglio and Pasquato's careers in team who never plays them. Pinsoglio is one of the most talented young keepers in Italy and is rotting on a Serie-B side's bench. With regards to the primavera team I think he has done well, but not the youngsters being loaned out.

Honestly, I think he has bigger issues than that. What you're mentioning is just the tip of the iceberg. He lacks vision. He's not a big team DS. His mentality and penny pinching ways are well rooted and better suited to a small/mid table team where he can afford to invest in quantity. He needs some hand holding to do his job. Like everybody here, I'm really really curious to see how he plugs the gaps this season, and at what cost will he procure the quality that is so badly needed in this team. He's made his job a bit easier by speaking about how hard it is to sign quality players, exactly half a season after talking about guys like Aguero and Pastore. Ironically, I feel his biggest strength is valuing player contracts. He seems like a yes man, whose just happy to have this post.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Ive always said that I'll judge him once and for all after this summer. I thought he did a good job on cleaning up Secco's mess and getting the squad's average age lower at the same time cutting down the wage bill. He hasn't done enough to be called a bad SD and hasn't done enough to be called brilliant one. All in all his work here has been okayish and now we are fighting for the Scudetto after one season (even if Conte deserves most credit for that).

I am just waiting for the summer.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So that's your arguement? Corvino hasn't spent as much money as Marotta? Really?
Re-read the post. :sergio:

Qualitatively, I think Jovetic and Vargas is a better wide pairing than Vucinic-Pepe. Out of curiosity, I want to know, how much less it cost Corvino to create that front three. Irrespective, Corvino has built a better squad at Fiorentina than Marrotta did at Sampdoria. He could have a case to be a DS at a bigger club, just as much.

Sure Marrotta had Pazzini and Cassano, but that pairing took Sampdoria to the Champions League in an absolute fluke season to create a little bubble for Marrotta to come up trumps in the lottery as new Juve DS. Truth is, he isn't qualified enough to be here.

---------- Post added 19.03.2012 at 03:58 ----------

Corvino is meh, the only reason Fiorentina has been good since 2005 was because of Prandelli, and they've returned to shit since he left.
You don't think some of the personnel he had at his disposal were fairly decent for the wage structure and budget that club runs on?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
he hasn't done enough to be called a bad SD and hasn't done enough to be called brilliant one. All in all his work here has been okayish and now we are fighting for the Scudetto after one season (even if Conte deserves most credit for that).

I am just waiting for the summer.
You know how we keep saying that Juventus is over performing and we are even lucky to be in 2nd place, its partly true I feel. Because Conte makes this squad look better than it is. We dominate games and play people out of the park. But end up with as many draws as wins. Milan play like shit and don't dominate half as much as us and still win 2-0 when they're in 3rd gear. That's what real quality is. We don't have it. So I would say Conte is doing a great job, and Marrotta has a lot of work to do in the summer.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
You know how we keep saying that Juventus is over performing and we are even lucky to be in 2nd place, its partly true I feel. Because Conte makes this squad look better than it is. We dominate games and play people out of the park. But end up with as many draws as wins. Milan play like shit and don't dominate half as much as us and still win 2-0 when they're in 3rd gear. That's what real quality is. We don't have it. So I would say Conte is doing a great job, and Marrotta has a lot of work to do in the summer.
Top post man, can't stretch enough.

After spending over 100 millions in just 2 seasons, we still see lots of holes in this team (plus hardly much quality in the team).

I can bet 100% if not for Conti's brilliant work this season so far this guy would be exposed and people would be cursing his ass the way they did with Secco.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Lets see how this summer goes. I've always been against Marotta's quantity signings and that whole philosophy. This summer he can't stay away from quality because we have all the quantity we need right now. If he delivers on the quality then he's fine, but if he goes off bringing us guys like Quag, Borriello, Pazienza and Padoin and all the other weird signings he likes to do then he's just becoming a problem.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We are 2nd place in the league, looking likely to get to the coppa finals and have the best goals against average in all of Europe, even including France and Portugal. And he is responsible for bringing in Licht, Barza, Caceres and Vidal that have contributed greatly to that. Not to mention keeping De Ceglie when it was easy to be impatient and sell him.

The base of our team is in incredible shape. What we lack are gamebreakers upfront. He has this summer to address that now that he has brought us from 7th to the CL (hopefully). Now we'll have money and our prestige back. If we can't get any big name attackers this summer you guys can whine all you want. But criticizing his tenure until now is hilarious.

Camurria

Oct 10, 2011
Nah, he's actually serious.

Poli would have been a good buy. I agree with Camurria.

Especially for next season when, hopefully, we'll have CL.

He's one of Inter's better players but we should just forget about him now. He's never coming.

Lets go out and get Verratti, and some reasonably priced depth players for the defence and midfield and go all out for our forwards.
Well, finally someone agrees with the Poli issue. Its funny because if he was at Juventus we'd be all praising him, seeing hes not, he's a horrible player. And that logic is just bias and stupid if you ask me.

Verratti is a must.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)