JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know about the other DS's in Italy, but this guy has to be among the more clueless ones out there. He's like the Borriello of DS's.
Beware of the 'grass is greener' school of thought. There are few DS' in Italy who have experience of working at such a club, so it's just the same gamble. 'They must be better'. No, they could certainly be worse.

Marotta's position remains the same now as it did in September, October, November and will through to May, in the summer he'll surely have CL football to work with and that demands quality. In KO football you need it even more.

Not signing big players for big money and wages doesn't bother one bit for this season. What bothers me is the number of signings, when I think resources and focus could have been channeled better. I'm not talking about not signing Matri, Pepe, Padoin and Elia means Agüero, because football simply does not work like that, rather players in between those two levels, so the grade in quality doesn't have to make so big a leap.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But remember that Conte was asking for wingers to play in a 4-2-4 at the beginning of the season. Elia isn't a lost cause, considering his best position is the one currently employed by Vucinic, but the likes of Krasic or Elia playing RW in a four are virtually obsolete now.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
But remember that Conte was asking for wingers to play in a 4-2-4 at the beginning of the season. Elia isn't a lost cause, considering his best position is the one currently employed by Vucinic, but the likes of Krasic or Elia playing RW in a four are virtually obsolete now.
sure but he doesn't even use him in the Vucinic position, keeps sticking him in at RW.

---------- Post added 19.03.2012 at 16:36 ----------

I'm just curious as to who everyone else would want as a DS if marotta were to be shown the door.
the best one of course.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm just curious as to who everyone else would want as a DS if marotta were to be shown the door.
Always rated Corvino, Marino and Sabatini. They maybe would've ended up as good or bad as Marrotta, but I think they got themselves noticed a fair amount and built arguably better teams than Marrotta did at Sampdoria. Honestly don't think he would've been at Juve if it wasn't for Cassano and Pazzini running riot in 2009-10. And one thing that struck me about Corvino and Sabatini in particular, is the fact that they looked beyond Italy for talent.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Always rated Corvino, Marino and Sabatini. They maybe would've ended up as good or bad as Marrotta, but I think they got themselves noticed a fair amount and built arguably better teams than Marrotta did at Sampdoria. Honestly don't think he would've been at Juve if it wasn't for Cassano and Pazzini running riot in 2009-10. And one thing that struck me about Corvino and Sabatini in particular, is the fact that they looked beyond Italy for talent.
Are we talking about the same Corvino who is essentially fired at Fiorentina? And Marino is currently at Atalanta. These are two SD's at clubs who have far different ambitions.

If everyone is talking about making a step up inquality in regards to players, shouldn't the same hold true for who the Sporting Director should be?

---------- Post added 19.03.2012 at 09:09 ----------

Don't forget Baldini :agree: :tuttosport:
Again, they should be aiming higher than this.

Problem is, there are very few true quality SD's who are available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)