Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Oggy - nice to have a sensible discussion with someone on here. Even if we dnt necessarily agree in our opinions.

Look im not too bothered where the player has previously played ie. Samp, whether it was a fluke ornot last season they finished 4th and we didnt there players had a good year. Palombo is better than Melo and less injury prone then Momo (whom i like a lot), Rossi is not worth figures quoted but from what i have seen has great potential ( get if we can in a swap deal + a small amount of cash), as for the rest they are no worst than players we are regularly quoted as being interested in. There are few World Class players out there, the Ronaldos and Messis so we have to buy the best we can at the time. I would rather it be someone is 100 % commited thats all.

As for the likes of Zebina and Camo to an exent they stayed due to the money and at the time were forced unlike Buffon and Del Piero who ok may have gone if they didnt win the world cupbut they did.
Melo had great season before we bought him, and Palombo is 29 so we can't take him as a player with potential like others you mentioned. While I agree that some of the players you have mentioned have similar quality to the ones we are linked with, but still that doesn't justify them. Also we are linked to many crap players in recent days, so comparing Italians to them is even more silly.

Maybe I don't rate Rossi to much, but I'm sure that we can find better and more promising striker that is cheaper than him. And that's it we should focus on young promising players, but not only Italians (man I feel like a parrot, repeating myself)

My point is that we are forcing too much Italian players, while Italian NT is in decline. It's always nice to have core of the Italian players, but only if they are good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not asking for superstars, but if you can't afford them, there is no point in selling your best player to acquire a 33 year old has been (even if he was top scorer last season), and complement the team with other average to mediocre players.

Italy currently lacks talent; we don't have to buy Italian all the time. We already have Buffon, Chiellini, Bonnuci, Motta, Marchisio, Aquilani, Pepe, and Del Piero, which is more than enough!

Remember when we had players like Platini, Zidane, the old Del Piero, and Ibra? Currently, we lack that element of surprise. Teams won't, and honestly, shouldn't fear us. We have lost our aura, and we no longer have a player capable of deciding a game on his own. Diego might have grown with us this season. He could've become that spark. Too bad we will never find out, because we were stupid enough to not give him a proper chance!

Baggio10

All Italian Juve...
Jan 11, 2010
I'm not asking for superstars, but if you can't afford them, there is no point in selling your best player to acquire a 33 year old has been (even if he was top scorer last season), and complement the team with other average to mediocre players.

Italy currently lacks talent; we don't have to buy Italian all the time. We already have Buffon, Chiellini, Bonnuci, Motta, Marchisio, Aquilani, Pepe, and Del Piero, which is more than enough!

Remember when we had players like Platini, Zidane, the old Del Piero, and Ibra? Currently, we lack that element of surprise. Teams won't, and honestly, shouldn't fear us. We have lost our aura, and we no longer have a player capable of deciding a game on his own. Diego might have grown with us this season. He could've become that spark. Too bad we will never find out, because we were stupid enough to not give him a proper chance!
You cant seriously expect those calibour of players to come to a team that finished 7th last season. You can say the same about any player you get rid of, im sure Juve still regret letting Henry go, but they did...

Baggio10

All Italian Juve...
Jan 11, 2010
Melo had great season before we bought him, and Palombo is 29 so we can't take him as a player with potential like others you mentioned. While I agree that some of the players you have mentioned have similar quality to the ones we are linked with, but still that doesn't justify them. Also we are linked to many crap players in recent days, so comparing Italians to them is even more silly.

Maybe I don't rate Rossi to much, but I'm sure that we can find better and more promising striker that is cheaper than him. And that's it we should focus on young promising players, but not only Italians (man I feel like a parrot, repeating myself)

My point is that we are forcing too much Italian players, while Italian NT is in decline. It's always nice to have core of the Italian players, but only if they are good.
You are forgetting that players generally play longer in Italy than elsewhere 29 is not too bad. Though I agree he is one for the 'fututre'.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
now you both cunt agnelli and marotta..show us what you promise to us?where is the "GIFT" you told us in early mercato?Diego to wolfsburg?i cant say a word about this shit, if its happen than there is nothin we can do except to regret such a talent....i can't believe this...i am happy as fuck when i imagine what Krasic-Diego-Aquilani can do this season and now what?fuck this

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Di Natale snub! Juve turn to Rossi Thursday 26 August, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Di Natale and Udinese have officially rejected an offer from Juventus, so now the club targets Fabio Quagliarella or Giuseppe Rossi.

“With regards to reports of a possible sale of our captain Antonio Di Natale, Udinese Calcio points out that there have never been formal negotiations with any club,” read a statement on their website.

“Over the past few days, the player expressed his desire to evaluate some offers that came from other clubs, the most concrete being from Juventus. At the end of the day he reaffirmed what he has said in recent years: he wants to stay in Udine.

“Udinese Calcio express their satisfaction at the decision made by their captain and with this statement declare the matter closed.”

This leaves Juventus in a difficult situation, as Diego is already in Germany and could be presented as a Wolfsburg player this afternoon.

The Bianconeri are now rushing to find a suitable replacement. It’s reported Napoli hitman Quagliarella is one alternative, albeit an expensive one that the Partenopei won’t willingly part with.

The most likely option is Italian international Rossi, who is eager for a return to Serie A and would be available for €18m.

Juve are already in negotiations with Villarreal anyway, as they are seeking defender Capdevila.

football-italia
Can anyone say "CLUSTERFUCK" ????

This Marotta is fucking this team up worse than last season......7th place will be just a dream, with players like Pepe and Martinez, while Aquilani nurses numerous injuries on his couch :cry:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Who was it telling me and Andy we were idiots for critisizing Marotta? I hate to say I told you so, but I am. Selling Diego might be the worst decision of the mercato but its one in a series of very bad ones that indicated his stupidity many weeks ago.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'll repeat what I said, the window hasn't closed yet, and regardless, the proof is where we finish in the league.
Great we'll manage to sign a left back and an AMC/SS equal of Diego's quality in a week :tup: You don't always have to wait till the end of a season to recognise a bad mercato. This is extremely clearly a bad mercato.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Also as an Azzurri fan we need Juve to be Italian for the nationale.
You're very close to going on ignore as I can't stand fans like you.

I like having a base of Italian players because it makes sense, but when you're buying crap Italian players just for the stupid national team's sake, it's simply wrong.

If you want to turn Juventus into a team that's worse than it already is (the Italian national team), fine. But just admit that you're a bigger fan of Italy than Juventus so I can put you on ignore once and for all.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I like having a base of Italian players because it makes sense, but when you're buying crap Italian players just for the stupid national team's sake, it's simply wrong.

If you want to turn Juventus into a team that's worse than it already is (the Italian national team), fine. But just admit that you're a bigger fan of Italy than Juventus so I can put you on ignore once and for all.
You're a douche.

I call you, I text you, yet you shun me.

What have I done :cry:

Baggio10

All Italian Juve...
Jan 11, 2010

I am Italian fan who supports Juventus an Italian team. So ignore if you want but i only want we all want and that is a successful Juve. I would for selfish reasons rather have more Italians.:numnum:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I am Italian fan who supports Juventus an Italian team. So ignore if you want but i only want we all want and that is a successful Juve. I would for selfish reasons rather have more Italians.:numnum:
How is having more Italians in Juventus actually helping the Azzurri and vice versa?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
As long as the Italians are CLASS palyers, then there is no problem with that.

See, that's the difference between today's football and Juve of the 80's and 90's.

With the exception of several foreign geniuses such as Platini and Zidane, the Juve side of those times were overwhelmingly Italian.

But that is because the talent pool back then were much, much deeper.

I for one, would love to see a primarily italian Juventus side, but not because it has a great benefit to the Italian national team, but because that is the tradition and history of this club.

But if the Italian players are shit, then give me a foreigner any day, until the Italian talent pool deepens again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)