David01

Aug 20, 2006
not in a 4-4-2
but he would rock in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3
anyway I'm only wondering why we let him go while we don't have any alternative for him
by the way I know left midfield is not his prefered position but at least he can play it
now we are playing a cm in that position
and don't give me that bs about his phyisique or his height
he is good enough for the Italian nt but not for Juve?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Yeah they were good signings but come on! Gio to parma? Trez out, Toni in? We are in 7th place, it's not a significant improvement compared to last season.
the overall squad has a lot better depth than past few seasons...when we went into injury crisis the last few seasons we were destroyed.

Ahmed, are you running for one of the exec positions in The Society?
I do not know of any such organisation.

It's not realistic to ask for both of them to be shown the door after only one season. DN should be the one kicked out though, obviously.

Yeah but how would you know they do? Because they say so in the press? They would never speak differently. 2 seasons ago when Ranieri lost the team none of our players ran to the press before he was sacked and flashed the news or flamed the tinkerman. On the contrary they were all supporting him and shit until they confronted him after his last game and then he was sacked.

Im pretty sure DN is a loser in the eyes of our players just like he is in ours.
it's clear in the way they have responded to some tough losses...the same period last year the team looked like a bunch of zombies who couldn't wait for the season to end.

not so much right now, they are still trying hard to get end the season well.

IMO that is a vote in confidence towards the coach.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
the overall squad has a lot better depth than past few seasons...when we went into injury crisis the last few seasons we were destroyed.
People say we were destroyed when Quag went down and blame that single injury for all the problems we incurred during Winter. So much for the depth, I guess.

Breaking it down by positions, we aren't any deeper at the back and in midfield. Motta and Barzagli aren't any improvement on Zebina and Legrottaglie; in fact they're probably worse. In midfield we had Poulsen and Giovinco as substitutes last season, and now we have Sissoko and Martinez. I'd take the former two over the latter any day of the week. I suppose one could say we are deeper up top since we have Matri, DP, Quag, Toni and Iaquinta all on one squad, so you folks might be right in that case, but that's the only position.

So I really don't see much improvement with regards to depth whatsoever. Another myth.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Quag's injury was not the sole cause of our shocking form after the christmas break, but coming as it did with Melo's dismissal and suspension, that game definitely had a massive effect on the squad as a whole...We had not lost, or looked like being overun and deserving to lose in any of our previous 13 games in the league. Yes we were drawing many, but never been horribly embarassed by a very wide rang of opponents. That Parma match...destroyed the spirit and belief in the team. A huge defeat, at home, losing to serious injury early on the one offensive player who had been on fire all season, then losing for that game and 3 more games, our most consistently useful midfielder...The thing with Quag's loss, is the movement. He moves around the pitch very intelligently, is very hard to mark, ends up pulling defenders out of position, and as much as he has a lot of flair for shooting, his passing is also a high standard. Dp is too old to be creating openings through impressive movement, amauri is static, iaquinta is dead...indeed, quag coming deep, through the middle, heading out to the flanks...we missed that hugely.

I agree, Bjerkness...we have hardly improved on depth at all, but we have improved our first team...slightly. And we have removed and look like removing more of our dead wood. And we have lowered the wage bill and general age of the first team squad...Real positives are hard to find. Sorensen is a definite one...as is return to regular strong form of Melo. Quags was also a massive positive, before his injury, and was playing some of the best football of his career in our squad, under DN...de ceglie looked OK for a few matches before his injury. Before Christmas there were clear signs of the grinta returning to the ranks...hence the unbeaten run.

Maybe I am clutching at straws, and the negatives obviously outweigh the negatives. 7th last season, 7th this season...if DN is not sacked come the end of the season, it sends the message out that we are satisfied with mediocrity..NOT building a winning team.

No matter how spirited we looked in the first half of the season...more noteworthy for me is what happened when we had a player sent off and out best striker injured. We completely capitulated, and thoroughly merited a heavy home defeat to one of the weakest teams in the league. Its strangely more rare for me to see a decent team go down to ten men and actually play worse than with XI...decent teams at worst, more often than not, when losing a player to a RED, grow in determination, rather than wilt like suddenly very nervous prepubescent girls...THAT game was a better indicator of how much belief and motivation DN has managed to put into the squad.

Marotta has made some mistakes, some successes...i am content to see what he can do this summer. But DN has to be fired...as many of the current playing squad need to be sold...de ceglie, motta, pepe, marchisio...as starters??? we deserve 7th with such a piss weak best XI.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
:shifty: we're 7th right now in the table, how is that an improvement over last few seasons !!

Not to mention that we have "5 players" on loan here with ridiculous tag prices. We either gonna pay up for all 5 players in the summer which would mean costing the club more than 60 million euros :crazy:

Or we get a new set of 5 players and we will still need to improve the team drastically to even compete for a champions league place !!

Not even a genius manager can solve that dilemma, let alone Marotta.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Who the hell is this Boniek clown?!! He has no right criticizing the team, even if he was some mediocre player back in the day. How dare him do this to the media and not keep morale up. Because IN THIS GAME... you have to hope to succeed. And if that doesn't work, you have to hope some more! So shame on him, support the club you stuipid pessimist doomer fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stuckup:

http://www.football-italia.net/apr22c.html

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Who the hell is this Boniek clown?!! He has no right criticizing the team, even if he was some mediocre player back in the day. How dare him do this to the media and not keep morale up. Because IN THIS GAME... you have to hope to succeed. And if that doesn't work, you have to hope some more! So shame on him, support the club you stuipid pessimist doomer fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stuckup:

http://www.football-italia.net/apr22c.html

well boniek is a tool

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
the truth? DP is a player of class? DP wouldnt make the bench of any top team, buffon has yet to show anything this year. Sneijder? the same sneijder who had same numbers as diego in serie A last year? A lot of the juve players have been busting their chops all year and at a juncture where we need all the support we can get he comes out with this shit(mind you it's not the first time, he was talking as lotta shit during claciopoli as well) I got no respect for him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
OK Boniek is a tool, yet you didn't say how he's not correct in what he said. You know damn well this side has very little quality.

He has a right to speak his mind. If the players aren't pussies, they'll go on the pitch and prove him wrong.

Will they, though? Of course fucking not.

This season has been over since February.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)