Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Yeah, what's with Khedira obsession, he was great player for us for quite some time, are we gonna call every older player that due to age and injures declined a failed transfer?

And for me, we made mistake by signing Ronaldo, we really did made a statement with his signing, but he came with too much financial burden which restricted us too much. Now we are at the crossroads where we need to rejuvenate the squad with quality players which won't be easy, especially with nowdays prices.

Maybe we needed to make a leap from Marotta, but the man is at no fault for the current situation and Paratici still have a long road to prove himself.
Of course signing Ronaldo was a mistake in the long run. Marotta knew that but Agnelli fired him instead of listening. He appointed Paratici so that he can really be the one running the show but he's way over his head.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Marotta: 'Pogba best deal of my career'

Inter director Beppe Marotta reveals the ‘best deal’ of his career was getting Paul Pogba for free at Juventus and selling him back to Manchester United for €100m.

It was a remarkable double transfer swoop for the Bianconeri and remains the highlight of Marotta’s wheeling and dealing.
“A director tries to bring players in relatively cheap and sell them on at a significant profit,” said Marotta during a Q&A event in Rimini this evening.

“The ultimate version of that was I think the best deal of my career: Pogba, who we strangely got for free and sold him back to the same club for €100m.”
Pogba was a free agent frustrated at the lack of playing time at Manchester United when he joined Juve in the summer of 2012.
Just four years later, he had become a France international, a top European star name and Manchester United paid over €100m to bring the midfielder back to Old Trafford.
True. It was a good deal overall.

And we spent the money on Higuain who we are now going to pay in order get rid of. That was not that good of a deal.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah he did :D and basically he did nothing in negotiations, just paid the clause

Opinions on deals change quickly.
Yeah, there were so many better ones. Vidal 10M, Tevez 10M, Barzagli 300k, Licht 12M, Dybala 40M, Cuads endless loans, Mandzu 20M, AS 25M, were some of his best where he had to negotiate with the club. Then there are also the freebies which are equally impressive, if not more. Higuain could have been done by anyone on tuz in the same situation. But it might be that he meant how he built the club up to such a level where he was capable to activate a 90M clause. That was also impressive from him and the rest of the management

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
“A director tries to bring players in relatively cheap and sell them on at a significant profit.”

:sergio: :wallbang:

Yes, and end up replacing them with inferior players, fucking our midfield for almost half a decade now :baus:

I'm sorry, but that is such a loser comment, the typical thinking of a provincial director operating for a small club.

The primary job of a director for a big club is not to bring in players relatively cheap and sell them on at a significant profit. A director of a big club identifies talent, acquires it, and builds around it, not sacrificing and weakening one area of the team to strengthen another.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
A director tries to bring players in relatively cheap and sell them on at a significant profit.”

:sergio: :wallbang:

Yes, and end up replacing them with inferior players, fucking our midfield for almost half a decade now :baus:

I'm sorry, but that is such a loser comment, the typical thinking of a provincial director operating for a small club.

The primary job of a director for a big club is not to bring in players relatively cheap and sell them on at a significant profit. A director of a big club identifies talent, acquires it, and builds around it, not sacrificing and weakening one area of the team to strengthen another.
The arsenal way of doing things.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i have nothing against plusvalenza as it contributed a lot to the club's financial balance throughout the years, and i have to say that marotta was more or less spot on with these moves. but sometimes there's that odd sale, like with vidal, or the attempted sale of dybala last summer, when a move is counterproductive in the eyes of the simple fans like us, still, the club doesn't seem to care too much.

overpaying our players and relying too much on experience is a bigger issue though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why should he? It clearly works. The only time he tried to make it big (Gonzalo), he bombed.
He's a money man but yeah, the lower cost is always a better deal because there is often financial gain to be made. If you continue doing that you in theory improve the team with more resources, but if you sell regularly you can only be a team like Dortmund at best.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He's a money man but yeah, the lower cost is always a better deal because there is often financial gain to be made. If you continue doing that you in theory improve the team with more resources, but if you sell regularly you can only be a team like Dortmund at best.
Do you mean when we got in two CL finals with Max and won god knows how many scudetto's we were "Dortmund at best"?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i don't think what he said is wrong per se.

he didn't say inter's job or juve's job is to bring players and sell them. but rather his job is.

which makes sense. if he brings players and sells them for higher price he is turning a profit. players turn a profit when they guarantee success and on field performance for club. club wins, he gets to generate profit for club and meet his bonus objectives.

and in his case, @Turk_Bianconero can be my witness that marotta loves buying and selling players to pocket his "bonus" commission of 1-5 million

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
i don't think what he said is wrong per se.

he didn't say inter's job or juve's job is to bring players and sell them. but rather his job is.

which makes sense. if he brings players and sells them for higher price he is turning a profit. players turn a profit when they guarantee success and on field performance for club. club wins, he gets to generate profit for club and meet his bonus objectives.

and in his case, @Turk_Bianconero can be my witness that marotta loves buying and selling players to pocket his "bonus" commission of 1-5 million
I am surprised Marotta didn't mention Martinez as his best deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)