s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What do they gain from this now? Are they going to all of a sudden be title contenders because of this? It's a checkers move on a chess board
dunno bout you, but the other day i checked the serie a table for the first time in months :baus: and i was quite surprised that inda only has a 5-point advantage over 7-placed lazio. so basically 5 teams are fighting for 2 cl-spots. after 19 rounds, they had an 11-point advantage over atalanta, 9 over roma and 8 over milan, now they are only 4-5 points ahead of those teams.

i guess marotta realized that their recent dip of form is more of a crisis, and identified icardi as the source of it. i read that perisic and wanda have had multiple rows recently, wanda was stirring shit up multiple times, icardi never stepped up as a captain, and kept protecting wanda's antics. so actually it was the players, brozovic, handanovic, perisic & co included, who fired icardi as their captain. it might be the case of a rotten apple i guess.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
dunno bout you, but the other day i checked the serie a table for the first time in months :baus: and i was quite surprised that inda only has a 5-point advantage over 7-placed lazio. so basically 5 teams are fighting for 2 cl-spots. after 19 rounds, they had an 11-point advantage over atalanta, 9 over roma and 8 over milan, now they are only 4-5 points ahead of those teams.

i guess marotta realized that their recent dip of form is more of a crisis, and identified icardi as the source of it. i read that perisic and wanda have had multiple rows recently, wanda was stirring shit up multiple times, icardi never stepped up as a captain, and kept protecting wanda's antics. so actually it was the players, brozovic, handanovic, perisic & co included, who fired icardi as their captain. it might be the case of a rotten apple i guess.
she even said for a news column in argentina that icardi can have anyone trown out of the club, but he is a humble guy etc.
the management incopetence until now was mind blowing.
in the short term stripping him of capitancy could have a negative impact, but in the long run ,could turn up to be a very good move

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Oh I'm not defending icardi by any means, i just don't see from outside the reward of this action as worth the risk, should have sat everyone down and promised them the world only to deal with it once the season is over imo

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
should have sat everyone down and promised them the world only to deal with it once the season
That's similar to the words like "Allegri should have asked for better midfielders". If they got to this point, you can be sure they've already tried what you're suggesting (probably, in pre-Beppe era), and it didn't work. It often happens when the management have no authority, and Beppe does what has to be done to restore the normal balance of power in the club.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
They already failed this season, but won't be outside of TOP 4 in Serie A anyway (their competitors are hopeless). So there's no reason to wait until summer and waste time. Also it's good to start the summer with the situation that's already stable and only has to be improved with new players and/or manager. Strategic thinking. In my opinion, it's a very smart move by a very smart Beppe. And this is sad.
Wat, it's a succesfull season so far. Their goal is Champions League, and they are 5 points ahead from missing CL.

This thing will only split the dressing room, look how Brozovic suddenly likes posts about Icardi getting stripped off captancy. Now more players will speak up about Icardi and it will only damage the dressing room. Should have waited for summer

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Oh I'm not defending icardi by any means, i just don't see from outside the reward of this action as worth the risk, should have sat everyone down and promised them the world only to deal with it once the season is over imo
i'm not saying that you're defending icardi, i'm just trying to find a reason for such a bold mid-season move by the management. i have no idea what marotta did exactly. he might have tried to sit those unsettled players and mrs icardi down, and he might have failed. can you imagine that marotta made an impulse driven decision? honestly, i can't. he's always been a cool headed pro.

anyway, it is probably safe to say that icardi IS trouble. let's just stay away from him.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
For those who imply that Marotta can have malicious intents at Inter or special reasons to be loyal to Juventus.

He's been in this business for 30 years. He was a true professional before Juventus, at Juventus, and will continue acting like professional after Juventus.

There were strong rumors about his feud with Nedved long before he left the club. And those comments both sides made recently ("Marotta is not a Juventino" by Pavel and "it could've been managed better" by Beppe about his Juventus exit) give you some food for thoughts about whether those rumors were true.

So, yeah, it's fun to interpret all of those events at Inter the way they can be interpreted to have fun, but I hope that everyone understands that it's not what's really going on.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i'm not saying that you're defending icardi, i'm just trying to find a reason for such a bold mid-season move by the management. i have no idea what marotta did exactly. he might have tried to sit those unsettled players and mrs icardi down, and he might have failed. can you imagine that marotta made an impulse driven decision? honestly, i can't. he's always been a cool headed pro.

anyway, it is probably safe to say that icardi IS trouble. let's just stay away from him.
i pointed out that my critique is based on info available. Still inter has to make CL by any means and their standing in the league proves that icardi sporting output outweighs his off field drama for the team. Based on the info we have, this move has zero short term positive effect and has potential to ruin their season. As for the long term effect, that culture change could have waited for the season to be over.

As for icardi being trouble and totally not worth it for us, on that we can agree 100%.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Wat, it's a succesfull season so far. Their goal is Champions League, and they are 5 points ahead from missing CL.

This thing will only split the dressing room, look how Brozovic suddenly likes posts about Icardi getting stripped off captancy. Now more player will speak about Icardi and it will only damage the dressing room. Should have waited for summer
If you analyze several recent Inter's seasons, you'll find the same pattern: they're doing great in the first third of the season, but then everything falls apart.

They got knocked out from both Coppa Italia and Champions League (and in this case it was a real embarrassment). They lost three out of five last games, plus one of those was a home draw with Sassuolo. They're on the same track they were each of the previous seasons. For the same reasons.

The good manager has to act proactively. He cannot wait until this season becomes a complete copy of the previous ones.

That's what Beppe does.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i pointed out that my critique is based on info available. Still inter has to make CL by any means and their standing in the league proves that icardi sporting output outweighs his off field drama for the team. Based on the info we have, this move has zero short term positive effect and has potential to ruin their season. As for the long term effect, that culture change could have waited for the season to be over.
i get your point. still, icardi hasn't scored in the league since mid december, so his recent output has been nothing short of piss poor. his last good match was probably the one against psv, before the stories about his renewal started to emerge...

what about improved team spirit as a short-term positive effect? brozovic liking those posts clearly shows that some players had enough of icardi, and wanda was criticized by both spalletti and marotta already. also, wanda recently attacked perisic on tv, something no agent should do. and if the rumor is right, multiple players asked the club to remove icardi as their captain. their locker must be a complete mess that lost its leader, regardless of who's wearing the armband. what do.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He means for getting back our scudetti I guess
That's what it looks like.
It can also mean (with a bad translation) that we have our own issues to deal with with champions league approaching and all that.
If it did mean that (the 2 revoked scudetti. Not very cool.Give him another 6 months and he will gonna acuse us of cheating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)