KB824

Sep 16, 2003
at what expense? Dybala? Sandro? you know marotta will sell someone big to fund another transfer campaign of mediocrity
What I'm saying is that we don't need to buy 6-7 replacements next year if we focus solely on the midfield and get at least 2 quality players at that position, when 4 of our own are coming in for free next season for other areas of the squad.

Now if we have to sell Dybala or Sandro to do that, then we have problems.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What I'm saying is that we don't need to buy 6-7 replacements next year if we focus solely on the midfield and get at least 2 quality players at that position, when 4 of our own are coming in for free next season for other areas of the squad.

Now if we have to sell Dybala or Sandro to do that, then we have problems.
yeah but its the same old shit every season. We know the problems we fix it by creating problems/weakening ourselves elsewhere

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Massive upgrades are needed in this team

Defence is getting very old and midfield needs 2 good quality CM to come in at least

We are fine in attack good quality wingers and strikers

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Massive upgrades are needed in this team

Defence is getting very old and midfield needs 2 good quality CM to come in at least

We are fine in attack good quality wingers and strikers
We have Rugani and Caldara will come in summer, a RB would be nice though even though MdS is young but still don't trust him.

Agree about CMs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yep. No need to touch the defence, maybe add a starting quality RB and that’s it.

Midfield tho...gonna need at least two very good CMs. Khedira is finished, Matuidi is very good but he’ll be 32 soon. Emre Can + SMS :)lol:) would be perfect.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Caldara is coming in, no central defender needed. Spinazzola coming in fills both fullback positions, probably replaces Lichtsteiner. Need to retain Alex Sandro but he might be the big loss. Without that sale the defence looks stacked, especially if Asamoah renews.

Strikers, retain Pjaca and the rest is absolutely fine.

It's midfield. Khedira. Continually injured Marchisio. Sturaro. Only Pjanic and Matuidi offer some guarantees, and Bentancur stays as the quality prospect. That is 2 players needed in CM, the only place where cash needs to be spent. But then there is always the chance of a random huge sale...who knows.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The attacks on Marotta where uncalled for!
His job ends in August. As a team we have the material to go past teams like the Spurs, it is not Beppe's fault if some player don't perform according to their abilities.
That's up to the players and the coach.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Yep. No need to touch the defence, maybe add a starting quality RB and that’s it.

Midfield tho...gonna need at least two very good CMs. Khedira is finished, Matuidi is very good but he’ll be 32 soon. Emre Can + SMS :)lol:) would be perfect.
Our defence is barely hanging on. What you talking about!!?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The problem for me is Higuain/Dybala.

You better buy as many Vidals as are available because you are playing a man down in defence and you have no target up top when you are pressed.

I know we are all fapping to them right now but if you took them both out and played a 4-3-3 with a striker like Lewandowski, it would be easier to make a good team.

You would defend better and break a press better.

The only example you have of this formation working is Atletico with prime Costa/Raul Garcia who ran like midfielders and were immense aerial targets.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

You better buy as many Vidals as are available because you are playing a man down in defence and you have no target up top when you are pressed.

I know we are all fapping to them right now but if you took them both out and played a 4-3-3 with a striker like Lewandowski, it would be easier to make a good team.

The only example you have of this formation working is Atletico with prime Costa/Raul Garcia who ran like midfielders and were immense aerial targets.
Don't worry, Dybala sale is incoming.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

gotta keep an eye on what Paris does. if Cavani is available, its a must to me

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Don't sorry about CMs, Beppe is the best there is on finding these. He will get as a free Can, pay the clause for Strootman/SMS all the while sealing our next free agent CM for the next summer (bound to steal Pogba again)
It's the fullbacks we need to worry about. Italians are just crap, even Darmian

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
It really isn’t. And we are bringing in Caldara and Spinazzola next season.

Our midfield has huge problems though. Worst it’s been since 2010/11 imo.
Out midfield is shot completely I agree. However our defence hasn’t got any protection whatsoever. Can’t stand Barzagli at RB. And feel we are riding our luck most times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)