zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think with Berna on the right, we need a marauding back that can keep the width, but also be aggressive towards silly peasant offensive wingers.

I recall Meunier having a baller game against Neymar in the first leg
:agree:

Costa too would benefit from someone like him a lot, and vice versa. lets hope PSG dont use him for the remainder of the group stage and we can have a non cup tied Meunier in January

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
'Inter the main rivals to Juventus’

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta sees Inter as their main Scudetto rivals - “they’re not spectacular, but they’re clinical”.

The Bianconeri moved above Luciano Spalletti’s side after beating Benevento yesterday, while the Beneamata drew with Torino.

Despite that though, the Juve director sees the Nerazzurri as a serious contender for the Serie A title.

“I think that, given they have no international and European commitments, Inter are the ones who can tailor their preparation the best,” Marotta pointed out on Domenica Sportiva.

“They’re a very solid team, they’re not spectacular but they’re clinical and getting good results. So I think Inter are the ones who are the most fearsome.

“Roma? In recent years Roma have always been the antagonist in our path. Despite changing their Coach it’s the same this year, they have a very competitive squad and a Coach [Eusebio Di Francesco] who is full of enthusiasm.

“He has modern but also very solid footballing ideas so I think they’re definitely a legitimate candidate for the Scudetto.

“At the moment we’re a point behind Napoli, but we have a point more than last year. I have to say that Napoli’s journey has been extraordinary so far.

“Yesterday’s draw calmed the league down a little, but they’re on an extraordinary journey while ours has been ordinary so far.

“At the same time we’re doing perfectly well when compared to last year, so we know that getting up there and staying there is very difficult.

“We apply our model, a particular model where suffering is important.”

Marotta was then asked about the summer transfer campaign, with the likes of Federico Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa struggling for playing time so far.

“It’s no coincidence that Napoli are top of the league right now, and if you look at Napoli’s summer transfer campaign they only did a couple of deals because they confirmed most pf their players, who are great.

“It’s the same for Juventus, the same for Real Madrid and the same for Manchester City; the best teams don’t have to use the transfer market to revolutionise their teams.

“We’ve made transfers to prepare for our future, we’ve brought in young people like [Rodrigo] Bentancur, Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa, young guys who will have time to show their ability.

“We have a big squad with great quality, considering that last season we played 57 matches and that’s without considering the national teams.

“So it’s logical to set up a numerically strong squad.

“Will we return to the transfer market? No, absolutely not.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Marotta: 'Juventus not worried by Dybala’

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta shrugs off criticism of Paulo Dybala - “we need to have the patience to wait for him”.

The forward began the season in blistering form, but has scored just once in his last nine games and couldn’t find the back of the net against Benevento yesterday.

“In my opinion it’s a very normal path of growth, and he’ll also have these periods,” Marotta shrugged, speaking on Domenica Sportiva last night.

“Remember that Dybala isn’t even 24 yet, he turns 24 on November 15 and it’s normal that a player with his football standing will reach maturity at around 26 or 27.

“We always expect extraordinary things from him, because we’re used to him giving us extraordinary things, so when he plays a normal game like today’s six [out of 10] it became a five or a four.

“We need to have the patience to wait for him though. We can say with certainty that he’s a great talent, to become a champion will take time.

“You become a champion when you achieve consistency of results, of play, of performance.

“Right now there are mitigating factors because he’s still 23, and a year/year-and-a-half after coming to Juventus he’s been given a lot of responsibility.

“Everyone wants extraordinary things from him, but it takes patience.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Marotta: 'Bonucci wanted to go’

Beppe Marotta confirms Leonardo Bonucci pushed to leave Juventus for Milan - “any transfer is mainly due to the will of the player”.

The centre-back left the champions this summer to join the Rossoneri, but he’s struggled in the opening weeks of the season.

“Bonucci is a top player,” Marotta told Domenica Sportiva.

“It’s definitely been a difficult transition for him, but I think you have to evaluate his teammates too.

“Football is a team game, an individual can add value but I think the collective is the important thing. At Juventus we hope they can become competitive, then we’ll try to beat them.

“Why did we sell Bonucci? Because we know very well that choices are primarily made by the players, to they’re the architects of their own destiny.

“Bonucci made a decision, and Juventus don’t hold on to players who express the will to leave.

“That doesn’t mean relations are bad, Bonucci is a great player but he made this choice, probably to enhance his skills and find new stimuli.

“Any transfer is mainly due to the will of the player, so he decides. It’s clear that the club could have a more direct confrontation with him, but when that’s the will I think it’s best to let players go.

“Bonucci was our player and he did really well with us. It was probably his personal ambition which led to him to make this choice, and we have to respect that.

“Juventus go forward and Bonucci has the chance to have a different career.”

Marotta was also asked about the Champions League, with Juve reaching the final and losing in 2015 and 2017.

“We’re meeting our average in the Champions League, our group was made more complicated by the presence of Barcelona.

“We haven’t qualified yet, but if we do it depends solely on us.

“The Champions League final is a sweet thing, but you have to win it. We’re participating in the two competitions [Serie A and the Champions League] and the best would be to win both.

“If I had to choose… yes, the Champions League is something all Juventini are waiting for, and us too.

“I think the disappointment from Cardiff has passed, but at the time it cut us deeply. We arrived very fired-up, more optimistic compared to Berlin.

“Real Madrid are a very strong team though, the best in Europe, and those values came out.”

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That right there made me laugh hard

“It’s no coincidence that Napoli are top of the league right now, and if you look at Napoli’s summer transfer campaign they only did a couple of deals because they confirmed most pf their players, who are great.

It’s the same for Juventus, the same for Real Madrid and the same for Manchester City; the best teams don’t have to use the transfer market to revolutionise their teams.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

"Any transfer is mainly due to the will of the player, so he decides"

"It’s clear that the club could have a more direct confrontation with him, but when that’s the will I think it’s best to let players go."

"choices are primarily made by the players, they’re the architects of their own destiny."

"It was probably his personal ambition which led to him to make this choice, and we have to respect that."

@lgorTudor

- - - Updated - - -

This one:

"Bonucci is a great player but he made this choice, probably to enhance his skills"

- - - Updated - - -

Beppe reading tuz :touched: :

"Remember that Dybala isn’t even 24 yet, he turns 24 on November 15" @JuveJay

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

"Any transfer is mainly due to the will of the player, so he decides"

"It’s clear that the club could have a more direct confrontation with him, but when that’s the will I think it’s best to let players go."

"choices are primarily made by the players, they’re the architects of their own destiny."

"It was probably his personal ambition which led to him to make this choice, and we have to respect that."

@lgorTudor

- - - Updated - - -

This one:

"Bonucci is a great player but he made this choice, probably to enhance his skills"

- - - Updated - - -

Beppe reading tuz :touched: :

"Remember that Dybala isn’t even 24 yet, he turns 24 on November 15" @JuveJay
architects of their own destiny :lol:

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
“Any transfer is mainly due to the will of the player, so he decides."

A lot of people in this forum will still argue that we decide when a player leaves, including one ogre lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)