YY11

Sep 9, 2011
This is not the time to replace him, he is delivering now!
We sacrificed a lot to get here, chances are that with a new face, we would have to start over.
yeah, that's a good point!

To be fair, it would be very hard to replace Beppe. Yes, he may have made some minor mistakes, but if you look at who's in charge of transfers at other clubs (Woodward at ManU for example). Those guys don't have a clue what their doing compared to Marotta, the only thing those guys have going for them is a war chest of money..

Edit: I don't think any GM/Sporting Manager would have been able to make such shrewd deals with the limited funds we had a few years ago, and bring us back to being a top club.
it reminds me of all the great deals Juve made, Pirlo, Pogba are just two of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Its indeed a most idiotic suggestion to fire Beppe. Some transfers people dont like, often reveal an inherent lack of intelligence in the person.

We read alot "but omfg rincon" "omfg Lemina" "omfg Asamoah" "omfg Sturaro"

Rincon was purchased mid season as a cheap addition to strenghten the mid-3. He's useless in a mid2, but untill februari we never planned for that.

lemina was hailed as a great talent, i did that for example, but he turned out unable to make it here. Sure he'll deliver elsewhere. We can use him to lower a transfer by including him.

Sturaro has been a great backup cm for us in big games where we needed extra loco steel. useless in a mid 2.

Asamoah used to be serie a's best lwb. Then he rekt his knee. We turned him into an LB. Made a great backup for Sandro once Evra $#@!ed off.

Marotta and the Atletico one are the best in the world. Getting (potential) topclass players for good prices and signing some bargains aswel. Both are every year a formality on the paper of best technical director, both get's each year nominated alongside Monchi and some others.

Marotta is unreplaceable

Jorge Martinez was the only real misser imo.
Sturaro is great price/quality player, he didn't cost us even 10 million isn'it? Same for Rincon, it is not a bad addition. I wouldn't have spend money on him, but you can't blame him for such a small transfer who adds strenght and defensive stability to the game. Asamoah was one of the best of the squad in his first years. He is still a great athlete with good technique, sadly his injuries had a bad impact on him.
do you think Beppe will use Asa and Sturaro for new player deals?
Lemina is for sure but I think Beppe has a plan for these too!!

- - - Updated - - -

Paratici will take over from Marotta probably one day, he is 15 years younger than Marotta.
Juve doesn't want to replace him so a pointless question.

When the great man himself decides to go I hope Paratici just takes over.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully Chiello finds himself a good role from the club too.
that's why I said "If" !

Fabio is not that young and I think it's up to Beppe to have him around or not, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Beppe will be president soon after Elkike has eliminated the last bit of Juventus blood, Andrea Agnelli
really? don't think so! :shifty:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wow great input you have there
He is being sarcastic. Basically, if I know him like I think I do, he is saying that because no matter how good our mercato is, people will always complain, hell, some will still call him a criminal.

- - - Updated - - -

Keeping Sandro and our key players, plus signing Schick, DC, and Bern is a mega boost to our attack and formation options. We need a RB an a CM and call it a day.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
He is being sarcastic. Basically, if I know him like I think I do, he is saying that because no matter how good our mercato is, people will always complain, hell, some will still call him a criminal.

- - - Updated - - -

Keeping Sandro and our key players, plus signing Schick, DC, and Bern is a mega boost to our attack and formation options. We need a RB an a CM and call it a day.
Thank you for the explanation, makes sense now

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Funny you relegate our most needed reinforcements to the last sentence as some footnote. And also funny you getting excited about other teams garbage, costa, like you were when we got khedira.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Funny you relegate our most needed reinforcements to the last sentence as some footnote. And also funny you getting excited about other teams garbage, costa, like you were when we got khedira.
Funny that I wrote my last points in chronological order as in players we have nearly closed on if not finished already then finished with what we still need? I guess keeping Sandro and our key players wasn't very important because you glazed over that. Yes. Khedira for free was an absolute disaster for us.

Pretty sure addressing our lack of attacking options was our priority this summer. Happy that's been fixed. But 9 days into the mercato its time to panic.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the explanation, makes sense now
No problemo

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Funny that I wrote my last points in chronological order as in players we have nearly closed on if not finished already then finished with what we still need? I guess keeping Sandro and our key players wasn't very important because you glazed over that. Yes. Khedira for free was an absolute disaster for us.

Pretty sure addressing our lack of attacking options was our priority this summer. Happy that's been fixed. But 9 days into the mercato its time to panic.

- - - Updated - - -

No problemo
Forgive me for not celebrating what ought to be standard practice i.e keeping your good players. I remember a time when we made fun of Milan for this very pathetic spin, keeping this player is like an exciting transfer. Replacing vidal with khedira was definitely a disaster, if you are not convinced i invite you to re-watch this years final. We have not fixed one thing in our starting lineup. Berna needs time and schick even more time. What we need is actually a RB since we don't have one, and a CM since pjanic is the only one worthy to start for us. Our final third is the least of our concerns starters wise.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Forgive me for not celebrating what ought to be standard practice i.e keeping your good players. I remember a time when we made fun of Milan for this very pathetic spin, keeping this player is like an exciting transfer. Replacing vidal with khedira was definitely a disaster, if you are not convinced i invite you to re-watch this years final. We have not fixed one thing in our starting lineup. Berna needs time and schick even more time. What we need is actually a RB since we don't have one, and a CM since pjanic is the only one worthy to start for us. Our final third is the least of our concerns starters wise.
I don't really disagree with you to be honest. Our final third though was in major need of support with Lemina & sturaro playing on the wings and Pjaca's knee going crack didn't help.

Berna will need time simply because we will need to find out which role in the lineup will bring the most to the team since he plays nearly across the entire front line. We have nearly 2 months to sort the rest out and shopping in Italy is always faster/easier than buying abroad. Looks like Max had his heart set on a pure winger which makes the DC move make sense. You might think we are buying other rejects but maybe Max specifically requested him then who are we to argue that? We have done quite well buying/bringing players that clubs didn't want and they turned out well for us (remember Barzagli, Pirlo, etc). We also made fortunes off of players that cost us nothing.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree keeping our players should be our motive now that we are at a point where we shouldn't "have" to sell to buy. We should be beyond that now. Money is flowing from all angles for us. What we need is now buying key players from other teams that don't crack under pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Our priorities are the same, just in a different order.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't really disagree with you to be honest. Our final third though was in major need of support with Lemina & sturaro playing on the wings and Pjaca's knee going crack didn't help.

Berna will need time simply because we will need to find out which role in the lineup will bring the most to the team since he plays nearly across the entire front line. We have nearly 2 months to sort the rest out and shopping in Italy is always faster/easier than buying abroad. Looks like Max had his heart set on a pure winger which makes the DC move make sense. You might think we are buying other rejects but maybe Max specifically requested him then who are we to argue that? We have done quite well buying/bringing players that clubs didn't want and they turned out well for us (remember Barzagli, Pirlo, etc). We also made fortunes off of players that cost us nothing.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree keeping our players should be our motive now that we are at a point where we shouldn't "have" to sell to buy. We should be beyond that now. Money is flowing from all angles for us. What we need is now buying key players from other teams that don't crack under pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Our priorities are the same, just in a different order.
You are so cute :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol:

And I invite you to watch the entire season before that.

Regardless of whether you think it is so or not, this was the best team and season we've had post-calciopoli. It sucks we lost in the CL final, but this team dominated all the way there. 45 minutes of abomination isn't any different than the abomination that was the first half in Berlin, where Vidal was our worst player.

We finished with more points this year than 2014-15
We topped our CL group easily, as opposed to squeaking into the knockouts in 14-15 with losses to Olympiacos and Atletico.
We dominated the knockout rounds. 10 goals scored-1 against. Crushed Porto-Barca-Monaco. In 14-15 we smashed relegation zone Dortmund, then barely squeaked by Monaco and Madrid.
We annihilated Lazio in the Coppa final, as opposed to barely eeking out a win in 14-15.
We had better goal differential in both Serie A and CL this year as opposed to 14-15.

Yes, we won the same trophies each year, lost in the CL final. But this year was far more convincing.

All those things are objective facts. We were a superior team. And managed to hold off the best teams in Serie A in this 6 year run, in Napoli and Roma with over 86 points each.

You are welcome to go on and on with your silliness about CL final loss is same as coming in last place in the group, but absolutely no player, coach, manager, owner, anyone involved in football agrees with you. It's utter rubbish.

Everyone knows we need an upgrade on Khedira. But acting like he has been a disaster for us is entirely absurd. Especially basing your opinion on one single game. If we get to do that, I get to say Vidal sucked balls for us, because he was easily as bad against Barca in 14-15 as Khedira was against Madrid in Cardiff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)