Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Alright then genius, what's it about? Do you think TV companies would plough £8bn into the product if Chelsea won it 5 times in a row? Don't be so fucking stupid.

What made Serie A so great in the '90s? Competitiveness, the seven sisters etc.

The EPL has many things going for it, like English being the lingua franca of the modern world, nice stadiums and so on, but the main thing is it is competitive. That's the bottom line.

Aug 26, 2014
Alright then genius, what's it about? Do you think TV companies would plough £8bn into the product if Chelsea won it 5 times in a row? Don't be so fucking stupid.

The EPL has many things going for it, like English being the lingua franca of the modern world, nice stadiums and so on, but the main thing is it is competitive. That's the bottom line.
It's not as competitive now they all suck now thats why it seams EPL is competitive. They just made some great marketing calls when they were on top and invested in themselves when the time was right unlike the Italians and their ancient beliefs and stadiums.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

so how is it the Bundesliga is better packaged than Serie A when Bayern practically win it every season?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
so how is it the Bundesliga is better packaged than Serie A when Bayern practically win it every season?
Infrastructures my friend.

The world cup in 2006 did wonders for them. Nearly all of the stadiums are either new or re-configured to meet FIFA World Cup standards. Which brings people to the stadiums.

Which is partly why Italy keeps failing in its bid to host the WC or the Euro, because they are hoping that either FIFA or UEFA will foot a large portion of the infrastructure bill.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Because A. They have better stadiums. B. Their teams generally play an attacking style of football and C. Their stadiums are full.

Even at that the Buli doesn't get much of a better TV deal than Serie A, at least not domestically. Their international rights beat calcio though.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Because A. They have better stadiums. B. Their teams generally play an attacking style of football and C. Their stadiums are full.

Even at that the Buli doesn't get much of a better TV deal than Serie A, at least not domestically. Their international rights beat calcio though.
Seriously? I thought Serie A gets better TV deals than BL and are on par/slightly better than La Liga

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Bundesliga is dead boring to watch unless you support one of the teams or generally visit a match. The quality of mid- and lowtable teams is absolutely dreadful. But yea, Serie A is no cake either

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah I remember following the transfer rumors about that back then but I'm sure tuz added a nice little spice to it.
You should read through it if you ever have absolutely nothing better to do. There's some gold in there :p

- - - Updated - - -

Aguero saga is the worst ever , how naive i was

I thought Nick was real guru and he knows everything ������ , how times have changed i don't give a fuck anymore about transfer targets because i know Marotta is going to do great jon no matter what .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
We all were. I think that was a major turning point for all of us, killing our innocence and making us the cynical assholes we are today. :D

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Marotta: "In these first few days of the transfer market I've found that in the Premier League there is so much money available and that creates problems for us with wages.There are mid-level Premier League clubs who offer significant salaries, we aren't on the level to compete."

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dear Beppe,

Please get us a team to get back to the Final. Enough of this Real & Barca bullshit. Enough is enough. Work your magic. Give Allegri what he wants already.

Thanks
Cam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)