Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Giuseppe Marotta wants 'a mix of young and old players’ at Juventus, but laments that 'we can’t compete with the Premier League.’

The Bianconeri director was speaking at a Football Leader event in Amalfi, as reported by Tuttomercatoweb.

“The objective is to create a mix between young and less young players, with experienced players who help on the pitch and give strength to the dressing room,” Marotta explained.

“They have the advantage of having a strong career behind them, so as to convey their values to the youngsters.

“The second objective is to target being 'Made in Italy’, but we’re in trouble. Italian football is in continuous decline, in these first few days of the transfer market I’ve found that in the Premier League there is so much money available and that creates problems for us with wages.

“There are mid-level Premier League clubs who offer significant salaries, we aren’t on the level to compete.”

- - - Updated - - -

Who is he talking about

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I agree. I find it absolutely ridiculous players would choose them over us, if so then they aren't wanted.
Sure, but I think the level we are at, we would easily trump the likes of a mid table club in the EPL. What I mean is, I can't see Andre Gomes going to a West Ham United for higher wages over Juventus if both clubs match the transfer fee. It's a disproportionate equation because the CL also adds glamour to a clubs status in the minds of a player. While I can see and understand if a Dani Alves chose an Al Ahli or a Shangai Shenua over Juve, I can't see him choose Southampton over Juve if he stayed in Europe, no matter how much bigger the wages, because he would still have the ability to compete. Marrottas concerns are legitimate regards the pure wage/transfer fee scenario but I think we are undermining prestige and stature that have their own draw for a broad selection of players.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Sure, but I think the level we are at, we would easily trump the likes of a mid table club in the EPL. What I mean is, I can't see Andre Gomes going to a West Ham United for higher wages over Juventus if both clubs match the transfer fee. It's a disproportionate equation because the CL also adds glamour to a clubs status in the minds of a player. While I can see and understand if a Dani Alves chose an Al Ahli or a Shangai Shenua over Juve, I can't see him choose Southampton over Juve if he stayed in Europe, no matter how much bigger the wages, because he would still have the ability to compete. Marrottas concerns are legitimate regards the pure wage/transfer fee scenario but I think we are undermining prestige and stature that have their own draw for a broad selection of players.
And then you get morons on here saying they hope Juve win the league for 34 years in a row and never want Serie A to be competitive, but then cry when other leagues can afford higher wages than us :lol:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Can somebody translate what Beppe said? I know it's hard to not discuss which dialect he is talking or the skin cream he is using
[video=dailymotion;x4cs8y2]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4cs8y2_sky-sport-24-report-26-05-2016_auto[/video]

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Aguero saga is the worst ever , how naive i was

I thought Nick was real guru and he knows everything 😆😆😆 , how times have changed i don't give a fuck anymore about transfer targets because i know Marotta is going to do great jon no matter what .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)