KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Who do you guys think would be that defender? Benatia?

Nooooooooooooooooo. Way too much money, and let's be truthful here. Barzagli and Chiellini's issues right now are short term. They may not even miss any part of the season. I can't see them doing that. It will either be a Lucio type of signing, or another young protege for the defense.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Who do you guys think would be that defender? Benatia?
I'd take him.
Nooooooooooooooooo. Way too much money, and let's be truthful here. Barzagli and Chiellini's issues right now are short term. They may not even miss any part of the season. I can't see them doing that. It will either be a Lucio type of signing, or another young protege for the defense.
Chiellini perhaps but do you really think Barzagli is short term? He has been really struggling lately.

waschbeer

Aug 12, 2002
Maybe all the "tuz drama" rubs off on me, but I am starting to get a little nervous.

Forvets:
So we lost Tevez and he replaced him with the future aka dybala; imo best option as there are no affordable replacements quality wise.

Mandzukic is the probable alternative to lorente (or future morata replacement :bianconero:), which is good and if marotta manages to sell the spaniard for the rumored 12 mill, even better.

Now to zaza, i am sorry i don't get it, not only that he probably steals valuable pitch time from coman, he paid 18 fucking mil(keep in mind 2 years ago we got him for 3,5 mil) for him, not 11,5 minus whatever "good relations with sassuolo" are worth. For the doubters just wait for juve's financial report and you will see his real book value. And if the price for developing juve players is 4 mil per year (18 - 2,5 +7,5) then no thanks and marotta should look for another feeder club. Either way, bad business imo which can only be salvaged, if he manages to recoup as much as possible (like the matri or ogbonna deals) or zaza explodes under allegri.

@cerri: good deal

Defense:

@rugani: hell yeah

Now only a lb is missing, i don't care if it is a cheap alternative for one year or starter material, as i think that evra is still quality. So asamoah can finally show his true worth in vidals position.

but now to the real problem, where most of my anxiety comes from, the midfield

vidal and pirlo, both irreplaceable and considered one of he best in their positions. Now allegri has to change the tactics and I hope he manages this problem swift and successful.
I also hope that the "half breed" (omg what did I start here, lol) khedira only has a minor injury and so the "almighty" is not tempted to make a panic buy.
Furthermore I hope that if an amc is to be bought, that only real quality (although I don't rate him that highly, draxler should be the absolute minimum, skill wise) is considered. No witsels, no vasquezs, no sapanoras,.... One can not simply replace world class with cherry flavored shit.

as you see a lot of hoping on my end. And I know that the cross-eyed god still has month to address these issues, but as i am no man of faith, I urge you loyal followers to show me the light, so i can lay any doubts to rest.

sry for the long post.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
... the real problem, where most of my anxiety comes from, the midfield

vidal and pirlo, both irreplaceable and considered one of he best in their positions ...
You are worried about wrong things.
First Pirlo, last season hi was far from irreplaceable. Marchisio on his position was better and less defensive liability. Without him in the middle other midfielders (Pogba) can be more offensive oriented, there is no need to cover Pirlos back whole time.
This is also connected to having Vidal as ACM and his strong defensive abilities who was also covering for Pirlo.
So not having Pirlo in DCM spot makes Vidal replaceable on ACM spot, which wasn't his strongest position anyway.
Juve is going to miss Vidal in the middle but not so much in his last season position as ACM.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I can totally understand people thinking the loss of Tevez (and to a lesser extent, Vidal) will hurt us...but Pirlo? People are really bringing up Pirlo? Funny how opinions change, because from and before June 8th, most on here wanted him sold/never to play for us again/thought he was a useless old man.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I can totally understand people thinking the loss of Tevez (and to a lesser extent, Vidal) will hurt us...but Pirlo? People are really bringing up Pirlo? Funny how opinions change, because from and before June 8th, most on here wanted him sold/never to play for us again/thought he was a useless old man.
It's still a valid concern because we don't really have any creative forces now with Pirlo gone. That's why it's a problem.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I always thought it would be great having him as bench player for situations when..you know..Khedira gets injured on his second game. Or for general depth and player types variety.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
In Serie A, Pirlo was not a problem. He was a weapon that could unluck those typical busses we face.

In the CL obviously people wanted Marchisio to start, but with Vidal at AM it kinda worked.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Exactly :tup:

You know we work in shifts on here?:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)