Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
You predicted what exactly? Your overly pessimistic attitude about almost everything means you were right all along when Juventus goes through some tough times? I've been here since Calciopoli so if I haven't been here long enough then you were just as pessimistic about everything back then too, you saw all of this coming way back before Serie B?

meh no thanks, I feel that I could just listen to some Emo and get basically the same message.
Foe starters, I predicted 7th place last year while we were in week 2...dont believe me ?? Go back and take a look

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Well, Vinni said we wouldn't make top 4 last season, and he was right. The only reason why he's hated on Juventuz is because he doesn't share everyone's Kool-Aid and irrational hope based on nothing. And the best part about him is that while he loves the Azzurri, he absolutely abhors their mediocre players coming into Juve. That sounds like a much more proper fan than others around here.
Thanks Andy !!!:beer: :beer:

I feel like such a minority on here, dont you too ??? :p

It doesnt take much to make these kids happy.....

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
And the prediction that Juve would struggle to finish in the top half on their return to Serie A is to be ignored?
I never said that.....

my prediction was that we would struggle to get a CL spot, which was a valid argument at the time, but we managed it anyways

This year is going to be a different story...

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I want to say it's too early for criticism on Marotta and Del Neri

but who am I kidding, this mercato was a big joke and the 442 sends us another 10 years behind after the 5 years Ranieri did
and what I hate most is that we completely lack spirit.. which I only see it after a DP goal or on Buffon's face
thanks to Marotta who loaned or co-owned our youth products for the likes of Pepe and the 12M question mark

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The thing with bringing in mediocre signings is that even if we manage to get that CL spot by luck, next summer we are
1. Going to make those damn loans permanent.
2. Going to run out of luck and be exposed for what we are. Mediocre.
Then start rebuilding all over again. When Del Neri and Marotta came in they said the foundation was there and no revolution was required. I agreed with that assessment. But then they went ahead and bought an expensive pack of average players changing the whole set-up.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I'm not Nostradamus. So obviously I'm guessing here. My analogy comes from the assumption that if the team is good enough to make the CL, then they are good enough to carry on. Of course we would bring in a few more players. Also most of the loan deals except that of Aquilani is a paid one. The Quag one for example is at 4.5mil. Its no chump change. So if they have decent seasons, we might buy them outright.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
icεmαή;2670092 said:
I'm not Nostradamus. So obviously I'm guessing here. My analogy comes from the assumption that if the team is good enough to make the CL, then they are good enough to carry on. Of course we would bring in a few more players. Also most of the loan deals except that of Aquilani is a paid one. The Quag one for example is at 4.5mil. Its no chump change. So if they have decent seasons, we might buy them outright.
I have a feeling we just brought them so they could help this team qualify for CL, and that's it. Once we accomplish that, we send them back and start our search for World Class players. I doubt Juventus as a company would like a mediocre team to play in the new Juventus stadium(that would be up and running for next season's campaign), that type of team would not attract anybody to come and watch the team live.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
He's not doing a worse job than Secco. Thats ridiculous.

Yes we are getting mediocre Italians. But with no CL this season, his options and budgets are limited.

Im disappointed with how the last week went, but considering our situation in general he hasn't done terribly bad.

My hope is that Diego was sent to Wolfsburg on cheap for a reason, Dzeko, next season. Other than complete cash payment to rejuvenate our finance.

We didn't buy significant upgrades (if any at all in some positions), only significant youth. And the exit strategy from that is that we will at least have the opportunity to gain much of the investment back in a few years.

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
Mar 3, 2009
I am sure; Secco's and Moratta's Damage More than Calciopoli :(

Yes we were down Serie B and lost Own many world Class footballer...But We were Rich Club even After Calciopoli but Secco and Moratta recklessly spent our money for Trash Players :(...Look Our Team's footballer we have: Pepe , Martinez , Storari , Grosso etc...

And look our Coach is Del Neri...Lets Think; Could Del Neri be a coach before the Calciopoli ??? NO; Because we were very Rich and we have prestige !!!

Yes we were down Serie and we were unfairly punished :sad: ...But After Calciopoli OurBoard have many mistake and Our board should agreement quality Manager and Coach but lets see Who is Secco and Moratta ? Who is Zacheroni, Del Neri etc...We should Continue Deschamps but we have agreement with Zacheroni and Del Neri etc...

Beleive or not Secco's and Moratta's bad Strategies give more damage to Juventus :(

(And I am sorry My Terrible English)

DeLiriuM

Oct 25, 2009
He's not doing a worse job than Secco. Thats ridiculous.

Yes we are getting mediocre Italians. But with no CL this season, his options and budgets are limited.

Im disappointed with how the last week went, but considering our situation in general he hasn't done terribly bad.

My hope is that Diego was sent to Wolfsburg on cheap for a reason, Dzeko, next season. Other than complete cash payment to rejuvenate our finance.

We didn't buy significant upgrades (if any at all in some positions), only significant youth. And the exit strategy from that is that we will at least have the opportunity to gain much of the investment back in a few years.
:tup: :tup:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
icεmαή;2670078 said:
The thing with bringing in mediocre signings is that even if we manage to get that CL spot by luck, next summer we are
1. Going to make those damn loans permanent.
2. Going to run out of luck and be exposed for what we are. Mediocre.
Then start rebuilding all over again. When Del Neri and Marotta came in they said the foundation was there and no revolution was required. I agreed with that assessment. But then they went ahead and bought an expensive pack of average players changing the whole set-up.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well.

You either make it to the CL & carry on as you started (with a few minor improvements).
Or you don't make it, and you're back to square 1...

I have a feeling we just brought them so they could help this team qualify for CL, and that's it. Once we accomplish that, we send them back and start our search for World Class players. I doubt Juventus as a company would like a mediocre team to play in the new Juventus stadium(that would be up and running for next season's campaign), that type of team would not attract anybody to come and watch the team live.
We have almost never had the tendency to sign world class players. And I don't see it happening next year either, especially since it seems that the current board is trying to emulate what happened > 10 years ago.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
I wanted you here Beppe, now after the other teams made great signings and we got the likes of Pepe i hope you leave asap. With this team we should consider ourself damn lucky to even make it to the CL next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)