Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
His plan is very clear to me. Look at all the loan deals. He wants to use these guys to get us back into CL and then from there we can do much more. More money, more appeal. In the meantime, if a guy like Quagliarella suddenly takes a huge step forward, we have the option to buy him. If not, then at least he helped us make CL (if all things go well).

I'm not going to say he's done a great job but it hasn't been terrible. He has put us in a position to qualify for CL. He's put us in a better position to qualify than we were in last year. And he hasn't broke the bank to do it.

He's done a slightly above average job in my mind taking into account realistic expectations, resources and things like that.

NEXT YEAR, if we qualify for CL, will be the year I really judge him harshly because then we will be in a much better position to get talent and if he doesn't deliver I will be upset. But IMO it's a 2 year process: Find guys to help us now and get back to CL, then next year we can do much more.
were not gonna make it to the CL this season or next with the way things are, so that just blows your theory right out of the water.....

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
His plan is very clear to me. Look at all the loan deals. He wants to use these guys to get us back into CL and then from there we can do much more. More money, more appeal. In the meantime, if a guy like Quagliarella suddenly takes a huge step forward, we have the option to buy him. If not, then at least he helped us make CL (if all things go well).

I'm not going to say he's done a great job but it hasn't been terrible. He has put us in a position to qualify for CL. He's put us in a better position to qualify than we were in last year. And he hasn't broke the bank to do it.

He's done a slightly above average job in my mind taking into account realistic expectations, resources and things like that.

NEXT YEAR, if we qualify for CL, will be the year I really judge him harshly because then we will be in a much better position to get talent and if he doesn't deliver I will be upset. But IMO it's a 2 year process: Find guys to help us now and get back to CL, then next year we can do much more.
I hope you're right and thats really the plan.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I can understand that but still the Diego and Trez deals were unforgivable.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
No way!

You have psychic abilities too? So many around this forum do we are so lucky to have them all.
hey deadfish, obviously you havent been here long enough to know that pretty much what I've said the past few years has ended up happening (too bad its mostly negative)

in any event, read and understand what I post, and maybe you'll learn a thing or two

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
hey deadfish, obviously you havent been here long enough to know that pretty much what I've said the past few years has ended up happening (too bad its mostly negative)

in any event, read and understand what I post, and maybe you'll learn a thing or two
You predicted what exactly? Your overly pessimistic attitude about almost everything means you were right all along when Juventus goes through some tough times? I've been here since Calciopoli so if I haven't been here long enough then you were just as pessimistic about everything back then too, you saw all of this coming way back before Serie B?

meh no thanks, I feel that I could just listen to some Emo and get basically the same message.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What would you have done? (If you were in charge what 3 players would you have bought, how exactly, and who would you have sold?) Just players and rough idea of value would be nice, no need to elaborate:)
Andy won't answer my damn question...
Sorry, I was on my Blackberry and had to resume driving.

If I was in charge, the left and right back slots would have already been addressed last season. Would have snatched up Cissokho and Lichtsteiner last summer instead of bringing in Melo. Diego and Giovinco would have stayed, of course. Fucking retarded to let them go. Then I would have made a move for Carvalho at 10M Euros or Tasci at 10M Euros, Krasic at 15M Euros, and Schweinsteiger at 30M Euros or Xabi or van der Vaart. A few cheaper signings, probably young talents, would have made up the rest.

At the very least our defense would be in better order and the creativity issue would have been addressed. I know that Bastian most likely wouldn't sign, but it would be worth a try anyway.

This is just off the top of my head, and it really depends on what sort of system I'd be dealing with. But I haven't really thought about this as I would have been buying young talents since we came back from B.

But the problem with this is that he's dealing with known average players who command a decent amount of transfer fees if we wish to sign them. Plus you also have to admit that we might be wasting an entire year of rebuilding. That's why it would be better taking a risk on younger players with proven quality, like a Neymar, Ganso, et cetera. The latter is probably going to be released for the price of Martinez for fucks sake.

No way!

You have psychic abilities too? So many around this forum do we are so lucky to have them all.
Well, Vinni said we wouldn't make top 4 last season, and he was right. The only reason why he's hated on Juventuz is because he doesn't share everyone's Kool-Aid and irrational hope based on nothing. And the best part about him is that while he loves the Azzurri, he absolutely abhors their mediocre players coming into Juve. That sounds like a much more proper fan than others around here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You predicted what exactly? Your overly pessimistic attitude about almost everything means you were right all along when Juventus goes through some tough times? I've been here since Calciopoli so if I haven't been here long enough then you were just as pessimistic about everything back then too, you saw all of this coming way back before Serie B?

meh no thanks, I feel that I could just listen to some Emo and get basically the same message.
No offense Kyle, but he has been right, unfortunately. He's been more pessimistic than I was but his call last season was spot on.

Only reason why Ranieri got us far in the league because it was still a crap Serie A and Del Piero saved our asses with world class performances.

It's not about being p[pessimistic or optimistic, it's about assessing facts at hand in real time. So many people here would be utter failures in the business world if they gave so much time to obvious disasters.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well, Vinni said we wouldn't make top 4 last season, and he was right. The only reason why he's hated on Juventuz is because he doesn't share everyone's Kool-Aid and irrational hope based on nothing. And the best part about him is that while he loves the Azzurri, he absolutely abhors their mediocre players coming into Juve. That sounds like a much more proper fan than others around here.
He did? Well props to him for that and btw I don't hate him at all.

Of course he wouldn't want mediocre Azzurri players here, who would? So many of their players are shit right now.
No offense Kyle, but he has been right, unfortunately. He's been more pessimistic than I was but his call last season was spot on.

Only reason why Ranieri got us far in the league because it was still a crap Serie A and Del Piero saved our asses with world class performances.

It's not about being p[pessimistic or optimistic, it's about assessing facts at hand in real time. So many people here would be utter failures in the business world if they gave so much time to obvious disasters.
Why would I be offended? And its funny how of all things you've said to me you you say this now. :D

Anyway I don't really see how he has predicted much of anything when he is just so overly negative all of the time. Of course he is going to be right some of the time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Anyway I don't really see how he has predicted much of anything when he is just so overly negative all of the time. Of course he is going to be right some of the time.
But the point is, he wasn't overly negative. He was pretty much right. Why is it that those who think we aren't good are castigated while those who think we'll get second or first are praised? Why is the outlandish, positive opinion rewarded all the time?

This was a rhetorical question, you know the answer. The majority of Juve fans are just as bad as Manure, Barca, Real or Milan fans. They obviously just don't want to think so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)