giuly (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Trivia

* He earned himself the nicknames Ludo, Petit Prince de Monaco, Magic Imp, The Atomic Goblin, El Raton and Speedy Giuly.
* During the 2005/06 season, his teammates at Barcelona decided that Giuly looked like Freddie Mercury and started calling the Frenchman by the name of the former Queen singer.
* Before the 2006 Champions League Final, Giuly pledged to come to the next preseason with a moustache (in honor of Mercury) if Barca won.
* A cult hero in his native France, Ludovic Giuly has spawned many fan clubs and dedicated fans. A lady from Blackburn, UK, named Helen Ashcroft even changed her name to Mooduvic Giuly in dedication to the lightning winger.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve-boy

Nov 20, 2005
Giuly denkt serieus na over Juventus

Ludovic Giuly ziet een eventuele overstap naar Juventus wel zitten. De aanvaller dient echter het liefst zijn contract uit bij FC Barcelona. Slechts wanneer hij krijgt te horen dat hij daadwerkelijk mag vertrekken, komt de Italiaanse club in beeld.
Bij de Catalanen is Giuly inmiddels niet meer dan een speler op de bank. De Fransman moet supertalent Lionel Messi immers voor zich dulden. Toch doet Frank Rijkaard nog regelmatig een beroep op de geroutineerde rechterspits.

Een vertrek is vooralsnog dan ook uitgesloten. Giuly: "Ik zou graag meer willen spelen. Voorlopig zie ik mezelf blijven bij Barcelona. Pas als de voorzitter aangeeft dat het beter is uit te kijken naar een andere club, zal ik vertrekken. Dan is Juventus een goede optie."

Juventus meldde zich reeds voor de Franse international. Coach van de Turijnen, Didier Deschamps, werkte eerder succesvol met Giuly bij AS Monaco. Het seizoen nadat de Fransen de finale van de Champions League hadden bereikt (2003/2004) vertrok Giuly naar Barcelona.
----------------------------------------------------------
only when the board in barca says that it is better for him to leave, he will leave and then juve is a good option

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
don't know what this article says but Giuly said on a Spanish radio that he'd like to play for Juve.

Too late, we chose Brazzo over him.

I really liked him but we're packed in that position.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
don't know what this article says but Giuly said on a Spanish radio that he'd like to play for Juve.

Too late, we chose Brazzo over him.

I really liked him but we're packed in that position.
Yes, with the presence of Camoranesi, Marchionni and Salihamdizic, we are in no need to sign another right winger or right wing forward.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What if Camoranesi leaves? Marchionni didn´t prove yet he can replace him and Salihamidzic isn´t good enough to be a starter.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Giuly opens Juventus door Wednesday 9 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona ace Ludovic Giuly has revealed that he would consider a summer transfer to Juventus.

The Frenchman is tied to the Nou Camp outfit until June 2008, but a lack of playing time means he is now considering his options.

“I would like to play more,” said Giuly, who has been relegated to the bench given the fine form of Lionel Messi.

“However, I see myself at Barca next year. I will only leave if the President tells me that it is better for me to go.

“If I were to leave Barcelona then it would be join an important club, like Juventus.”

The Turin-based Tuttosport newspaper leads with the Giuly link this morning given his relationship with Coach Didier Deschamps.

The latter bossed Giuly at Monaco in the side which reached the 2004 Champions League Final prior to the 30-year-old’s move to Spain.

However, it is unclear as to what kind of rapport the two men have given Giuly’s words in an interview back on March 23.

“Deschamps was my Coach and I respect him, but he is not my friend and hasn’t called me to join Juventus,” he said back then.

The attacking midfielder, capped 17 times for France, was left out of the 2006 World Cup squad when Raymond Domenech opted for Marseille’s Franck Ribery instead

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
What if Camoranesi leaves? Marchionni didn´t prove yet he can replace him and Salihamidzic isn´t good enough to be a starter.
Salihamidzic definately is good enough to be a starter, especially next season, we won't be challeging for the Scudetto yet and Sali is good enough to challenge for 3th or 4th spot.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Salihamidzic definately is good enough to be a starter, especially next season, we won't be challeging for the Scudetto yet and Sali is good enough to challenge for 3th or 4th spot.
Imo he isn´t good enough. And I think we are not interested in Giuly yet. It depends on Camoranesi´s situation. If he leaves then I´m sure DD would like to bring him.

@ MC - Van der Vaart isn´t effective on the wing.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
If Camoranesi leaves(which he won't of course ;)), we'll need a better replacement than Giuly.. Anyway, I think Giuly is better upfront anyway and could be a sub for Del Piero or be effective in a 4-3-3(with Camo in midfield and Giuly upfront) when the need arises.

Giuly is a luxury we don't really need, but I think we're getting him.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
If Camoranesi leaves(which he won't of course ;)), we'll need a better replacement than Giuly.. Anyway, I think Giuly is better upfront anyway and could be a sub for Del Piero or be effective in a 4-3-3(with Camo in midfield and Giuly upfront) when the need arises.

Giuly is a luxury we don't really need, but I think we're getting him.
:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)