Giovanni Cobolli Gigli (1 Viewer)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
thanks for everything Signore Gigli, you took the reins at our most difficult moment and did a brilliant job...when everyone else turned their back on us, you stepped up to the plate and have now created a club that is financially stable, packed with superstars and in a couple of seasons, will have the the finest and most modern stadium in Italy.

+REP to you, sir.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Cobolli Gigli: 'I'll always love Juve' Tuesday 27 October, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have ratified a new Board of Directors, including Libyan Kahleb Zentuti, as an emotional President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli bows out.

This afternoon the club completed its planned restructuring with general manager Jean-Claude Blanc taking over as President.

“These have been an intense three years,” said Cobolli Gigli, who took charge during the Calciopoli trial of 2006.

“I must thank the players, particularly those 'loyal subjects’ who stayed with us even in Serie B and quickly took us back to the top flight – Gigi Buffon, Alessandro Del Piero, Pavel Nedved, Mauro Camoranesi and David Trezeguet.

“I also remember the fans that summer’s day when I met them the first time. I remember the staff, the shareholders, directors, but in particular the independent advisors who gave us the guarantee of running the club in a clean and transparent fashion.

“I thank the media, who it is always difficult to communicate with, and share John Elkann’s view that we must always look to the future with the utmost drive and determination.

“I will always remain a Juventus fan, a supporter of Blanc and can assure you he will achieve brilliant results.”

Finally, Cobolli Gigli held back a special memory for Riccardo Neri and Alessio Ferramosca, the two youth team players who tragically drowned at the Vinovo training ground in December 2006.

The new Board of Directors was ratified today, including the representative from the Libyan Lafico company who are investors in Juventus, Zentuti.

Other members of the Board are Blanc, Carlo Sant'albano, Aldo Mazzia, Riccardo Montanaro, Marzio Saà and Camillo Venesio.

football italia

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Cue the Whitney Houston track.

Thanks for being there at our darkest hour, Gigli. But we really need someone in the triad who doesn't remind us all of a horrible movie starring J Lo and Ben Affleck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)