Giovanni Cobolli Gigli (2 Viewers)

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
giovanotti said:
One possible explanation:
Fiorentina are in serie A and we are in B.
then why did toni arranged a press conference said he wanted ucl and scudetto and its clear fiorentina can never really challenge for these top honours

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Mike Da Don said:
I think gigli has been an absolute legend so far. For years we have lacked a president with his balls and honesty. To come out and say that zlatan had made a mistake and would pay for that mistake is 100% the right thing to do, hes made a fool out of zlatan and literally kicked him off his high horse. If he would not have made that fine public zlatan would just have believed that he could get away with murder. Gigli has made an example out of him to the world and i think hes taught twatan a valuable lesson.

As for his lack of experience in the world of football, what does that matter? the man has already carried out the impossible task of keeping our sponsors sweet and that is fundamental to the running of our football club. He dosent handle the on field aspects and is not responsible for that, that particular task is assigned to the coaching staff and the players, he just has to run the club as a business and optimise all aspects of that business.

Also I saw photo's of him with the juve fans the other day, this is brilliant, not many presidents do that. He knows that now more than ever he needs the fans to pull through for the club and by being as honest and vocal as possible he is creating a very strong bond and trust between the two.

And as for setting the bar low and gradually higher with the trials i think this is also the best approach to take. You cannot just instantly say that you want to be in serie A, you have to go slowly, like with the grolsh, no matter what the sentance we would have always appealed, gradually asking for and expecting a lighter sentance each time, this way it dosent make you look like you are exaggerating with your expectations and people are more likely to agree with you. He has so far played a very clever game and may he continue to do so for the forseeable future. Forza Cobolli Gigli!!!

(plus hes got a fucking quality name!!!)
:agree:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
sateeh said:
i reckon this will be the hardest part to maintain, whether we will be focusing on either side will be interesting to see
Barca have done it...and I think it'll be the only way we can compete in the future for fan base. Young potentials like from S.America usually love attractive playing teams.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
Barca have done it...and I think it'll be the only way we can compete in the future for fan base. Young potentials like from S.America usually love attractive playing teams.
barca is a completely different story, they have an easier league to play in.U could see that from their CL games, as they dont look the same there.

also i dont think that bringing south american players is always the key to beautiful football, they did it in the bundesliga and i dont see the attractiveness there.

i dont want my team to be freaking brazil.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Mike Da Don said:
I think gigli has been an absolute legend so far. For years we have lacked a president with his balls and honesty. To come out and say that zlatan had made a mistake and would pay for that mistake is 100% the right thing to do, hes made a fool out of zlatan and literally kicked him off his high horse. If he would not have made that fine public zlatan would just have believed that he could get away with murder. Gigli has made an example out of him to the world and i think hes taught twatan a valuable lesson.

As for his lack of experience in the world of football, what does that matter? the man has already carried out the impossible task of keeping our sponsors sweet and that is fundamental to the running of our football club. He dosent handle the on field aspects and is not responsible for that, that particular task is assigned to the coaching staff and the players, he just has to run the club as a business and optimise all aspects of that business.

Also I saw photo's of him with the juve fans the other day, this is brilliant, not many presidents do that. He knows that now more than ever he needs the fans to pull through for the club and by being as honest and vocal as possible he is creating a very strong bond and trust between the two.

And as for setting the bar low and gradually higher with the trials i think this is also the best approach to take. You cannot just instantly say that you want to be in serie A, you have to go slowly, like with the grolsh, no matter what the sentance we would have always appealed, gradually asking for and expecting a lighter sentance each time, this way it dosent make you look like you are exaggerating with your expectations and people are more likely to agree with you. He has so far played a very clever game and may he continue to do so for the forseeable future. Forza Cobolli Gigli!!!

(plus hes got a fucking quality name!!!)
i agree abt some parts of ur post but disagree on others

i dont think Gigli and co handled/handeling the trasnfers very well.Especially when it comes to the comments they r making in the media as it a very powerfull place. We should be more subtle about things, and they r just making comments all over and hurting their image and their credibility.

The transfer handling is my only problem with this new management other than that i think they r doing a super job.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
isha00 said:
I guess I'm the only one around here that thinks that the new managers are a bunch of perdazzurri inside.

They talk too much and absolutely have no idea of what they want or how they will act.

We'll accept B with penalization, we won't accept anything less than A, no one will leave, who wants can go, we'll go to Tar, B without penalization will be ok, inter getting our scudetto is the last of our concerns. :wth:

We have a lawyer that realized just *now* that there weren't illicits. Are we crazy? He stated before the verdicts that B was more than enough. This is like SUICIDE! Because, of course, if you say yourself that you deserve B, you can't expect anything better from the court. And if Zaccone said this, the club surely agreed.

Only after an important politician, Maurizio Paniz (who is a lawyer btw), went to Pinzolo and said "I'm surprised the Club hasn't still done anything for this verdict, that is against some national and international laws", only after the fans and minor stakeholders started organizing to appeal to Tar themselves, letting them know that they (we) weren't going to passively accept anything, Cobolli started tentatively talking about A (probably to keep the tifosi calm, who knows). Better than nothing, you'll say. But here is the spirit of the new board: yesterday night, at "Domenica sportiva" we had Tardelli saying that, yeah, B without penalization was quite good :wth:

But let's talk about players, that have started to be sold before the verdicts at amazingly low prices.
At a point we sold Viera to... to Inter! The ones that stole our scudetto, the incredibly honest team, that, btw, has managers that have been condemned to 6 months of *jail* for falsifying Recoba's passport, but didn't sportively pay anything for it, the ones that have a great role in the taps (tronchetti provera is telecom's owner) and then did a great job in making the most out of it (Rossi, Casiraghi, etc), the ones that wrote that Vieira got relegated last season. Yep, they sold Vieira to *them* for *9,5* mio €. This is what I call having no self respect.

But this is still nothing. Cobolli says "Vieira will be the last to go", a couple of days later we have this interview of Tardelli that informs the world that it will be very difficult to keep Ibra. :wth: Are you crazy? Are you stupid? This way his price will lower, if you have to sell him. :wallbang:
Secco names the players that he would want. Have we ever seen Moggi do something like this? Of course not, because, if you do, they'll rise the price.
And against Spezia happens something that never happened during the good old Triade's (but also Boniperti's) days: Cobolli tells the journalists that Ibra didn't want to go to Rovereto with them. :wallbang: They had to keep still, dammit! They had to say that Ibra was still injuried and it was pointless taking him with them or something, and then give Zlatan what he deserved in the privacy of the hotel (maybe even smg like "do as we say, or you'll spend a whole year in tribune")!
Now Ibra's price will get even lower and you'll show other players the best way to get what they want. After all, if you let Ibra go, what will you tell to Camoranesi and Zanetti? And what will you do when they'll arrive late at trainings or when they'll complaing about the coach?
But we reached the top always yesterday night, when our dear Tardelli said that he could understand that Ibra, Camo &co. wanted to go, that it would be difficult to keep them, that people that are used to play in CL can't play against Frosinone.

Tardelli, do you realize that you're working for us? Do you realize that it's Juve paying your wages? Are you opening your mouth on purpose or you simply don't understand? Don't you understand that it's not the players not used to Frosinone? *We* are not used and don't deserve Frosinone! Don't you understand that we were used to have a Serie A board and now we've got you?
Cobolli, do you realize that you're not simply a supporter anymore, that now 109 glorious years lay in your hands? Do you realize that the least that comes out of the locker room the better? That you better not make promises you can't keep to the tifosi?

And where the hell are the Elkanns and Montezemolo? Puff, vanished. They wanted the Triade out and they've got their wish. And now? It seems we are just a nice ad (to be) for fiat and obviously they are keeping their hands clean from our "thief" of a team.

:cry:
My friend,you are not the only one.
When I read your text I must admit that I agree with you in every word.
You absolutely pointed out the right things about current Juve.
I was also pointing out about qualities of new management.
Cobolli was a low profile manager working for Ifil(owner of 60% of the shares of Juve).
Nothing more.Never be in football bussines.Another frenchmen was a former manager for tennis tournament Roland Garos or tennis federation I do not know exactly.
We need more street managers,who now how to get the target.
When our "beloved" Capello,tells that Ibra was on his list when he came in Juve ,Moggi get Ibra from Ajax ,[the last day of the transfer season.Thats manager
He get Kovac for free.
He get Mutu also free.
He also almost get Sagniol for free.
The list is so so long.
Yeah,now when we lost two sccudettos and are relegated in B,Moggi is the biggest crook(or whatewer bad).But lets see the true face of Juve team past 7-8 years.Who build giant team like this?
Why we always got the best coaches.Lippi for instance.
Whoever we bought,we get him for the cheapest possible price and sell him for fortune.Remember Zidane ,bought for something about 3m and sold for about 60.
What is that selling of Cannavaro,voted the best player at the World Cup?We should get at least double for him and instead get a pinut money for him.
And what about Zambo ,the same situation .We should also get around twice for him.
Everyone else of other clubs are most "honest",just we are the bad guys.Football is not just a ordinary game ,but one of the most serious bussinesess.
What is the point of having loyal president who does not know how to deal with street cats of Milan,Inter Roma etc.?
I think that this situation is extremely positive for other clubs,primary Milan and Inter.
They are probably laughling of our current strategy.
Thats why new appointed co-manager of Real ,Franco Baldini says that he will"go fishing" in Turin,pointing that in this situation they will get the players cheap.
Our leadership says,we need money.Thats right.But thats not means that you must sell all your stars.
Especcially in situation when no major sponsor breaks the contract,neither Nike,nor Tamoil and ,of course Berlusconi's broadcasting company.
We will need 4-5 years to build a real strong team like Juve was right now but with right managers.Just see the team of last season.We have ,almost on every position stars,top players.One Zalayeta was in the game very occassionaly.Thats was team.That does not have anything with fixing the matches.Thats known in real world as a capability for "playing" in the football market,buying cheap and selling "sky is the limit".Thats was good for the shareholders as well.And apeal and our defence towards whole procedure was,bad,bad.Thats why we only are in Serie B,does not matter that we were charged with article 1 and 3.
We live in this life not before 40 years.Just as you say,no one can dare to gamble with the glory history of one of the best clubs in the world and one of the best brands today.And whenever some player goes from Juve this days we always say,oh he betrades us ,he is not a real Juventinop etc,etc.What we done to keep the players?
Maybe I am only one from Juve supporters but anyone got right of his own way of thinking,and I am not concerned what other fans think.I think that we will much,much,much miss Moggi and his transfer capabilities.You will see.Kuffor ??????what kind of jerk he is.He if for third team of Juve.That it is.Iam starting to be dissapointed,even if I said in this thread that I support Gigli to the moment when we see how he deals with the players market.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Dukoski said:
My friend,you are not the only one.
When I read your text I must admit that I agree with you in every word.
You absolutely pointed out the right things about current Juve.
I was also pointing out about qualities of new management.
Cobolli was a low profile manager working for Ifil(owner of 60% of the shares of Juve).
Nothing more.Never be in football bussines.Another frenchmen was a former manager for tennis tournament Roland Garos or tennis federation I do not know exactly.
We need more street managers,who now how to get the target.
When our "beloved" Capello,tells that Ibra was on his list when he came in Juve ,Moggi get Ibra from Ajax ,[the last day of the transfer season.Thats manager
He get Kovac for free.
He get Mutu also free.
He also almost get Sagniol for free.
The list is so so long.

Yeah,now when we lost two sccudettos and are relegated in B,Moggi is the biggest crook(or whatewer bad).But lets see the true face of Juve team past 7-8 years.Who build giant team like this?
Why we always got the best coaches.Lippi for instance.
Whoever we bought,we get him for the cheapest possible price and sell him for fortune.Remember Zidane ,bought for something about 3m and sold for about 60.
What is that selling of Cannavaro,voted the best player at the World Cup?We should get at least double for him and instead get a pinut money for him.
And what about Zambo ,the same situation .We should also get around twice for him.

Everyone else of other clubs are most "honest",just we are the bad guys.Football is not just a ordinary game ,but one of the most serious bussinesess.
What is the point of having loyal president who does not know how to deal with street cats of Milan,Inter Roma etc.?
I think that this situation is extremely positive for other clubs,primary Milan and Inter.
They are probably laughling of our current strategy.
Thats why new appointed co-manager of Real ,Franco Baldini says that he will"go fishing" in Turin,pointing that in this situation they will get the players cheap.
Our leadership says,we need money.Thats right.But thats not means that you must sell all your stars.
Especcially in situation when no major sponsor breaks the contract,neither Nike,nor Tamoil and ,of course Berlusconi's broadcasting company.
We will need 4-5 years to build a real strong team like Juve was right now but with right managers.Just see the team of last season.We have ,almost on every position stars,top players.One Zalayeta was in the game very occassionaly.Thats was team.That does not have anything with fixing the matches.Thats known in real world as a capability for "playing" in the football market,buying cheap and selling "sky is the limit".Thats was good for the shareholders as well.And apeal and our defence towards whole procedure was,bad,bad.Thats why we only are in Serie B,does not matter that we were charged with article 1 and 3.
We live in this life not before 40 years.Just as you say,no one can dare to gamble with the glory history of one of the best clubs in the world and one of the best brands today.And whenever some player goes from Juve this days we always say,oh he betrades us ,he is not a real Juventinop etc,etc.What we done to keep the players?
Maybe I am only one from Juve supporters but anyone got right of his own way of thinking,and I am not concerned what other fans think.I think that we will much,much,much miss Moggi and his transfer capabilities.You will see.Kuffor ??????what kind of jerk he is.He if for third team of Juve.That it is.Iam starting to be dissapointed,even if I said in this thread that I support Gigli to the moment when we see how he deals with the players market.
Dont get me wrong a very good post and you have expressed your opinions.

however, first things first,
Capello did say to moggi who he wanted and moggi acted, i agree. that was then and this is now. Since the capello era we have been relegated, lost our last 2 titles and lost 6 star players, it is no longer as easy to pick and choose players because we cannot offer european or top flight football anymore obviously meaning that our club will not appeal to players like sagnol and co. And your criticism of kuffor is ridiculous, he would walk into our first team and if he is prepared to help us out he would be welcomed with open arms, only a year ago moggi was trying to sign him.

as for the fees recieved for cannavaro and zambrotta, i agree they were far too low, but unfortunately we find ourselves in a position where negotiation is not an option, if players dont want to play in B and we cant afford to pay their wages we have to do what is best for the club because at the end of the day our loyaltys lie with the club and the 11 players that step onto the field and are prepared to work their heart out for our team. Madrid prob said 18mil for can and emo, take it or leave it, unfortunately we could not afford to leave it, thats just the situation that we are in.

No one is laughing at our stratergy, the moment this sentance dropped it was absolutely inevitable that we would lose some of our top players and the vultures gathered around us, looking for cheap pickings. We lost £30mil alone from disqual from cl and another 30 odd mil for being relegated, we have always run at a profit so in order to minimise the damage we had to raise about 30 mil. Im afraid we took the only option and cut our ties with some big earners i must also add we managed to hold on to a few aswell only further showing the managements intention of keeping a strong juventus.

And as for our lack of activity on the transfer market dont you think that we have enough to worry about at the moment? i am amazed that people actually expect us to make signings at the moment with our future hanging by a thread, we dont know if we are coming or going. If we were making moves on the market at this particular time i would be worried that we are not dedicating enough time to our appeal.

I for one am proud of the management. Ok they are very open with the media and although i do not completely agree with this i can understand their reasons. Part of our case has to do with how we are now an honest and open club, we could not use this to our benefit if the management isolote themselves from the media. We are trying to distance ourselves from the old moggi-giraudo regime where everything was a secret or a smoke screen and we are going about it very well. Lots of clubs work as we are trying to at the moment and they have no problems, arsenal were very honest with the whole sol campbell, jose antonio reyes, thierry henry and ashley cole sagas. Fergie dealt with the van nistelrooy saga exactly like we are dealing with the ibra saga.

The problem is that we juventinos are so used to working in a certain way that we know nothing else and any other way seems wrong to us. I ask you all to look past the old methods, start a new and side with the current board, they have what it takes and are willing to force juventus forward again so that we return, greater than ever, to where WE the fans, and WE the club, deserve to be....

Altogether now...
FORZA JUVE!!! FORZA GIGLI!!! FORZA BIANCONERI!!

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #53
    Cobolli Gigli, the grade-A Juventus fan now at the helm of the “Old Lady” of Italian football

Rome – A grade-A Juventus fan, a manager with years of experience first in the publishing business and then in commerce: Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, is the president “having our trust and a name of warranty” that the Agnelli family has chosen to renovated the “look” of the “Old Lady” of Italian football, today badly in need of a “face lift”.

The new President was born in 1945, he is reserved and quite adamant in reaching his objectives; he is a workaholic and his friends and family say he is always in his office early in the morning and never leaves before 8:30 pm, and he doesn’t often take a lunch break.

Giovanni Cobolli Gigli conquered the courage to face difficult challenges in the ring but also the capacity of analysis, of carefully studying an opponent to learn his moves and so anticipate his actions. Besides his prestigious positions at Mondadori and Rinascente, there is also his passion for boxing which he began at a young age at the Ignis Gym at the Vigorelli of Milan.

During the years, he has left boxing to engage in other sports such as skiing, tennis, jogging: this latter a discipline he continues to practice religiously daily. He is a mountain enthusiast and he often goes to Valle d’Aosta.

The new Juventus president adores sports and so likes to spend his vacations at the beach, preferably in Italy and on the Islands, with Ponza and the Tremiti his favourites.

He has a degree in Economics and Business from Bocconi University and he entered into IFIL in 1973 in the participations management sector and then moved up to various positions in companies such as Fabbri and Rinascente, a part of the holding belonging to the Agnelli family. He was MD of Rinascente from 1994 to July 2005 and since last December; he has been on the Board of Directors of Alpitour, the tour operator a part of IFIL.

Giovanni Gobolli Gigli often speaks about his work experience in the book and magazine publishing sector (besides Fabbri he worked for other publishing companies such as Rizzoli Libri and Mondadori) not only when he loves to recall being “trained” by Valentino Bompiani, the legendary name in Italian publishing, or his friendship with various important exponents at Adelfi such as Zeli and Foa’ but also when he uses his so-called “intuition” to aim directly towards the target. A characteristic, he loves to recall, that he got while working for Fabbri in the encyclopaedia by instalments sector, those sold at newsstands, for which the first instalment is the key to the success of the entire collection: if the consumer is won over by the first issue, then this encyclopaedia is a good idea and can continue, if not then attention should be aimed elsewhere.

The rest of his biography has already been read: he has been president of Federdistribuzione since 2003, he is on the Board of Directors of Auchan, ICE – the National Institute for Foreign Trade, he is vice-president of UPA – Associated Advertisement Agency, he is on the Strategic Committee for Competitiveness of the Lombardy Region and at the end of 2005 he resigned his post as vice-president of Confcommercio because he did not see eye to eye with the former president.

The IFIL top management has given him a tough job: he has to give the Juventus team back to the football world, but before this he has to bring the values of sports back to the Football Club such as transparency, loyalty and fair-play. This commitment requires firmness and seriousness, characteristics Giovanni Cobolli Gigli is not lacking with his fame of being a demanding manager, one who loves getting the job done well and carefully.

However, there is more to the story; those in the loop say that being a grade-A Juventus fan since the beginning, he often referred to the team’s victories before he had an important professional deadline with a hint of superstition: “if my favourite team can make it then this is a good omen also for me”. We can’t help but imagine what he thought when the vice-president of IFIL, John Elkann, called him to tell him he had been entrusted to help the Juventus Football Club get back on its feet.

adnkronos

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    ReBeL said:
    Cobolli Gigli, the grade-A Juventus fan now at the helm of the “Old Lady” of Italian football

Rome – A grade-A Juventus fan, a manager with years of experience first in the publishing business and then in commerce: Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, is the president “having our trust and a name of warranty” that the Agnelli family has chosen to renovated the “look” of the “Old Lady” of Italian football, today badly in need of a “face lift”.

The new President was born in 1945, he is reserved and quite adamant in reaching his objectives; he is a workaholic and his friends and family say he is always in his office early in the morning and never leaves before 8:30 pm, and he doesn’t often take a lunch break.

Giovanni Cobolli Gigli conquered the courage to face difficult challenges in the ring but also the capacity of analysis, of carefully studying an opponent to learn his moves and so anticipate his actions. Besides his prestigious positions at Mondadori and Rinascente, there is also his passion for boxing which he began at a young age at the Ignis Gym at the Vigorelli of Milan.

During the years, he has left boxing to engage in other sports such as skiing, tennis, jogging: this latter a discipline he continues to practice religiously daily. He is a mountain enthusiast and he often goes to Valle d’Aosta.

The new Juventus president adores sports and so likes to spend his vacations at the beach, preferably in Italy and on the Islands, with Ponza and the Tremiti his favourites.

He has a degree in Economics and Business from Bocconi University and he entered into IFIL in 1973 in the participations management sector and then moved up to various positions in companies such as Fabbri and Rinascente, a part of the holding belonging to the Agnelli family. He was MD of Rinascente from 1994 to July 2005 and since last December; he has been on the Board of Directors of Alpitour, the tour operator a part of IFIL.

Giovanni Gobolli Gigli often speaks about his work experience in the book and magazine publishing sector (besides Fabbri he worked for other publishing companies such as Rizzoli Libri and Mondadori) not only when he loves to recall being “trained” by Valentino Bompiani, the legendary name in Italian publishing, or his friendship with various important exponents at Adelfi such as Zeli and Foa’ but also when he uses his so-called “intuition” to aim directly towards the target. A characteristic, he loves to recall, that he got while working for Fabbri in the encyclopaedia by instalments sector, those sold at newsstands, for which the first instalment is the key to the success of the entire collection: if the consumer is won over by the first issue, then this encyclopaedia is a good idea and can continue, if not then attention should be aimed elsewhere.

The rest of his biography has already been read: he has been president of Federdistribuzione since 2003, he is on the Board of Directors of Auchan, ICE – the National Institute for Foreign Trade, he is vice-president of UPA – Associated Advertisement Agency, he is on the Strategic Committee for Competitiveness of the Lombardy Region and at the end of 2005 he resigned his post as vice-president of Confcommercio because he did not see eye to eye with the former president.

The IFIL top management has given him a tough job: he has to give the Juventus team back to the football world, but before this he has to bring the values of sports back to the Football Club such as transparency, loyalty and fair-play. This commitment requires firmness and seriousness, characteristics Giovanni Cobolli Gigli is not lacking with his fame of being a demanding manager, one who loves getting the job done well and carefully.

However, there is more to the story; those in the loop say that being a grade-A Juventus fan since the beginning, he often referred to the team’s victories before he had an important professional deadline with a hint of superstition: “if my favourite team can make it then this is a good omen also for me”. We can’t help but imagine what he thought when the vice-president of IFIL, John Elkann, called him to tell him he had been entrusted to help the Juventus Football Club get back on its feet.

adnkronos

I have a feeling that nobody respects him.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    I think we will see how good a manager he is after January...can he convince more star players to be part of the Juve setup? Will he be able to show to the world that Juve is still a force to be reckoned with? These are questions he will have to answer...Right now ppl are looking down at Juve...they think we r cheats and mafioso...he will have to rectify Juve's public image...and lets face it ure only as good as ure last performance...and Moggi, well for all the great things he achieved and did in Turin...he along with Giraudo and Bettega will be remembered as the guys who sent Juve to Serie B...

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    Philipp00 said:
    I think he did a good job until now. he has to lead the club through the most difficult time in its history.
    In the managing the club, so far, he's doing Ok, but I feel that he should have fought for Juve more at the Figc trial & Coni appeal. We will have to wait to see how well we come out of it, but I still feel he should have went to the Tar & if necessary to the European courts to get justice.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    AngelaL said:
    In the managing the club, so far, he's doing Ok, but I feel that he should have fought for Juve more at the Figc trial & Coni appeal. We will have to wait to see how well we come out of it, but I still feel he should have went to the Tar & if necessary to the European courts to get justice.
    well if Juve had continued their appeal to TAR then they could have been in even more trouble...then FIFA would have pnished FIGC and in turn they would have imposed more sanctions on us...so Gigli had to back down

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    ahmedz said:
    well if Juve had continued their appeal to TAR then they could have been in even more trouble...then FIFA would have pnished FIGC and in turn they would have imposed more sanctions on us...so Gigli had to back down
    Maybe so, but sepp blatter & co have been ruffling a lot of feathers. They have been causing ructions in a number of countries.
    In my country football & the SFA are not above the law & fifa have said nothing to us about teams being penalised if they use our courts. IMO the law is a little heavy handed re football in our country - Paul Gascoigne got an official caution for mimicking an orange march flute player on the park years ago (quite rightly) & nothing has changed - the police will reprimand players if they celebrate too much & your not allow to cross yourself when you go onto the pitch.
    To the best of my knowledge the EPL is not above the law either, so why is Italian football & the Figc? Italian clubs are entitled to justice & should be subject to the laws of Italy & the EEC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)