Gilberto Silva (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
I hope this is true, seeing Gilberto Silva at Juve would be great. A great worker, even better tackler and he even can pass the ball around. 7.5 million € for a, imo, worldclass player, who would say no to that.
About the age issue, well once we return to Serie A we're going to need some worldclass players if we want to get into Europe the next season. And finding cheap, young worldclass players is kinda hard. So let's buy some more experienced players now, even if they will only last a few more years, we can use those years to start integrating some younger players in the squad while still get a respectable position in the Serie A. That way we can also start earning more money which can go into future transfers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
soz but i live in a realistic world where football is not associated with fm and yes 8 mill in todays world is a realistic value, what did u think he was worth? 50 mill plus buffon?
lucho is younger than silva that way we can afford for him to settle, where as silva will most likely take a season to, which by then he will be 31, by then his best days will prob be over, and as u admitted lucho may not settle, but whos to say silva will aswell. only with lucho he has the years in which he can afford to settle and still get good usage out of him.
I have no idea WTF you on about in the area that I put in bold. Explain to me what you mean. and what is there for Gilberto to settle to? the slow ass tactical style of the Serie A when he's playing in the pacy long ball EPL?

FFS what does he need to adapt to? He's not a striker, he a DM. He'e role to to destroy the play of opposition midfielders, what's so complicated about that?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I have no idea WTF you on about in the area that I put in bold. Explain to me what you mean. and what is there for Gilberto to settle to? the slow ass tactical style of the Serie A when he's playing in the pacy long ball EPL?

FFS what does he need to adapt to? He's not a striker, he a DM. He'e role to to destroy the play of opposition midfielders, what's so complicated about that?
slow pace serie a is the general consensus of the style of play, not juve's and in the epl arsenal dont play long balls

adapt to? adapt to playing with his new players, adapting to a new culture, adapting to the language barrier, adapting in playing a different style of play, and its complicated, we are talking about real ppl here, not AI generated players on a video game.

and the role of a striker is to score goals, so i dont see where ur getting at, any player in a new league or division need to adapt, reguardless of the position

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Bardock said:
I hope this is true, seeing Gilberto Silva at Juve would be great. A great worker, even better tackler and he even can pass the ball around. 7.5 million € for a, imo, worldclass player, who would say no to that.
About the age issue, well once we return to Serie A we're going to need some worldclass players if we want to get into Europe the next season. And finding cheap, young worldclass players is kinda hard. So let's buy some more experienced players now, even if they will only last a few more years, we can use those years to start integrating some younger players in the squad while still get a respectable position in the Serie A. That way we can also start earning more money which can go into future transfers.
:tup:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
G.silva is good for the short term project...
Dont forget that we are aiming to challenge for silverware next year so we need some established players !!! :smoke:

pUnk

Jul 16, 2006
we need younger players like Ribery,Metzelder or Saviola...if we can buy this players...the title and the other cups are ours!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
@ lion - if u diasgree with my 8 mill value of lucho, how much do u think hes worth moggi?
what?

slow pace serie a is the general consensus of the style of play, not juve's and in the epl arsenal dont play long balls

adapt to? adapt to playing with his new players, adapting to a new culture, adapting to the language barrier, adapting in playing a different style of play, and its complicated, we are talking about real ppl here, not AI generated players on a video game.

and the role of a striker is to score goals, so i dont see where ur getting at, any player in a new league or division need to adapt, reguardless of the position
playing with new players? GUESS WHAT? EVERY NEW SIGNING HAS TO DO THAT. New culture and language barrier? yeah because brazilians in the past have had hard time adapting to the language and culture of Serie A. and if he can adapt to the fast ace of the EPL, then he can fucking adapt to the slower pace of the Serie A. Do you honestly think that DM, goalkeepers and centeral defendars have much to adapt to?(skills wise)
A striker in spain who scores 20 goals a season wil not score the same amount in the EPL where the defenders wil eat his legs and where the refs are harder at divers. What does a defender need to adapt to? His job is to stop the strikers from taking a shot at goal how does that differ from spain or Italy or Germany?. what does a golkeeper need to adapt to? Does he do different things from one league to another?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
we need younger players like Ribery,Metzelder or Saviola...if we can buy this players...the title and the other cups are ours!
unfortunatly to say next season we will only be competing for 2 cups

ribery - yes

metzelder - maybe

saviola - maybe, bojinov will be better at saviola's current age

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
what?

playing with new players? GUESS WHAT? EVERY NEW SIGNING HAS TO DO THAT. New culture and language barrier? yeah because brazilians in the past have had hard time adapting to the language and culture of Serie A. and if he can adapt to the fast ace of the EPL, then he can fucking adapt to the slower pace of the Serie A. Do you honestly think that DM, goalkeepers and centeral defendars have much to adapt to?(skills wise)
A striker in spain who scores 20 goals a season wil not score the same amount in the EPL where the defenders wil eat his legs and where the refs are harder at divers. What does a defender need to adapt to? His job is to stop the strikers from taking a shot at goal how does that differ from spain or Italy or Germany?. what does a golkeeper need to adapt to? Does he do different things from one league to another?
yes rivaldo, roberto carlos, athirson and kaka on his 2nd season adapted well?

every player has to adapt, in any team sport, since playing professional hockey last year i had to adapt to a new style of play, at a new level, and recently playing for the higher mens team which is 2 divisions above the one i usually compete in, again i had to adapt, and it has taken me a year to adapt to professional hockey, same goes with football, when a player moves to a new club or country, they have to adapt, reguardless of what position, in principle strikers are suppose to score goals, and defenders to defend etc... but u need to adapt to communicate with your fellow players, and the last time i knew brazilians speak portugese not italian, so the language barrier will pose a problem with silva

you mean the season after the next, we will be competeing for only 2 cups
no next season we will challenge for serie A and coppa italia

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
@ lion - if players didnt need to adapt, there wud be no flops in the world.

im sure u urself must know that in any new environment the ability to adapt to new surroundings is vital, i.e a new school or college, a new area you've moved into.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Good player, but I was under the impression we are after younger players like Sissoko, Mavuba, Lucho, etc for that position. That said, Gilberto would certainly help the team, and although 30, he still has at least 3-4 tears left in him. Just as long as we dont pay to much.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Silva is a class player - a player I have maximum respect for. I do think he is worth 7.5m Euro if he is available that is.

I guess a lot depend how good Marchiso is. I am surprised nobody has yet to answer this question, because when our board is buying players, they are probably taking into consideration how good our homegrown replacement will be in the future. If Marchiso is more than good enough to contribute at the highest level in the future, but not quite ready to do so now, then 30 odd relatively cheap veteran midfield is not a bad option as well. Especially given that Paro, who IMO is a certain regular next years, is still quite inexperienced at the top stage.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Silva is a class player - a player I have maximum respect for. I do think he is worth 7.5m Euro if he is available that is.

I guess a lot depend how good Marchiso is. I am surprised nobody has yet to answer this question, because when our board is buying players, they are probably taking into consideration how good our homegrown replacement will be in the future. If Marchiso is more than good enough to contribute at the highest level in the future, but not quite ready to do so now, then 30 odd relatively cheap veteran midfield is not a bad option as well. Especially given that Paro, who IMO is a certain regular next years, is still quite inexperienced at the top stage.
Thats a very good way to look at it. In fact, older is probably better for our situation, since by the time they are 'old', our promising youngsters will have matured.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Thats a very good way to look at it. In fact, older is probably better for our situation, since by the time they are 'old', our promising youngsters will have matured.
yeah but we are back to the same question!!! how good our youngsters are?!!! :smoke:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Gilberto would be a perfect player to hold down our center of the pitch. As many have already stated he can do it all in midfield... tackle, distribute and lead like one of the best. I actually like Gilberto much more than Emerson as the former doesn't waddle around the pitch and actually has a little pace and quickness to him, something we need in our side. His passing is not world class but he is certainly efficient and does not tend to make ridiculous giveaways like some of the other destroyers we have had.

But Gilberto is not just a destroyer as he can also add a lot going forward. In my eyes he would be the perfect type of player to command our midfield and be a partner for Paro or another player who can also move the ball around nicely in midfield. Even though Gilberto is not exactly youthful we shouldn't let this opportunity slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)