Gilberto Silva (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I wouldn't mind this at all if we get him.
30 for a DMC isn't that old, like some here said, look at Makelele or remember Keane, how good was he at 30.
A DMC can still bring us a lot of good eprformances when he past the 30.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
and how much will Lucho cost us? hmmm? (that's if Porto are willing to sell)
and who are the 25-29 proven players hmmm? give me a list of players that are available for a reasonable price and could be sold that are that age.
its not like lucho is gona cost 20 mill is he? prob more around the 8 mill mark, not much more than what we are willing to pay for silva, yet we will get more mileage out of lucho and imo is perfect

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Guys, don't forget that for sure more young players will be added to our squad in the next summer and after it as well. So, I see in problem in landing Gilberto especially this season, he is living his best days.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Gilberto would seem like a good signing - but frings?? IMO he's to bad in attack. We need player in midfield who can both defend and attack. Players like lucho Gonzalez...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
you say 25-29, then whats wrong with 30. 29-30 its just one year difference or maybe by your calculation its more, maybe thats the reason your against a 30year old.
no, its because hes unproven in italy and will probably take a season or 2 to settle in and at his age we cant afford to fritter money away for players that will start to show some promise at the age of 31/32 which by then we will have to find another option. id sooner we found a more long term solution, where as if we bought someone slightly younger it will allow time to settle.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
i think it's not a big problem of their ages, what we need in next season is having a team with 70-80% proved and experienced players, we need them to bring us back to CL and win Inter!!!!!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I wouldn't mind this at all if we get him.
30 for a DMC isn't that old, like some here said, look at Makelele or remember Keane, how good was he at 30.
A DMC can still bring us a lot of good eprformances when he past the 30.
I'd pay Chelsea 20 million to get Makalele for 2 seasons.

its not like lucho is gona cost 20 mill is he? prob more around the 8 mill mark, not much more than what we are willing to pay for silva, yet we will get more mileage out of lucho and imo is perfect
bullshit if he costs us only 8 million, and bullshit that Porto will sell him just like that.

no, its because hes unproven in italy and will probably take a season or 2 to settle in and at his age we cant afford to fritter money away for players that will start to show some promise at the age of 31/32 which by then we will have to find another option. id sooner we found a more long term solution, where as if we bought someone slightly younger it will allow time to settle.
Unproven in Italy? and how could he prove himself if he doesn't play there? If that's the case then no club would buy foreign players because they are "unproven". You say he may be unproven yet you don't mention that Lucho is also unproven in Italy. And he will cost us more. A younger solution would have more time to settle in? not really. your supposed younger player could end up not settling in at all.

We have to take some risks in order to succeed. That's the general rule of life. Without risk comes no reward.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
gilberto is a vieira deal in the making, a imminent flop. i cant see what silva can offer in what zanetti cant.
Gilberto Silva is better in organising the midfield line and he is better in scoring, what is more.

Gilberto would seem like a good signing - but frings?? IMO he's to bad in attack. We need player in midfield who can both defend and attack. Players like lucho Gonzalez...
Frings is quick, fighter and he's a heavy leg as well. With the presence of Gilberto, Frings and Zanetti, we'd have lots of options in the defensive midfield position.

Makelele is one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe, but he is 33 and he's losing form day after day since the start of the current season. If you watched France yesterday's match, you'd notice that he missed lots of balls and his effort has decreased.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Doubt he is still worth that much, but for Makelele, surely 5-7 Million wouldn't be too much.
But we are talking about Silva, not Makelele, he ins't as good as Makelele, but surley better then Zanetti.

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
All the players we brought in from the priemeship have been great(viera,boumsong) bring in g silva he will be just as great.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
All the players we brought in from the priemeship have been great(viera,boumsong) bring in g silva he will be just as great.

Vieira was brought in when he was losing from. He's now playing good footy for Inter though. Boumsong was crap from the beginning. But beggars can't be choosers. He was the only defnder available and we were in a crisis at that time.

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    While I think Gilberto'd make a good signing, I do agree with Badass on the age thing. Look at what could possible the midfield and the forward departement:

Camoranesi Zanetti Gilberto Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero

All of them are players in their thirties.... Then with players like Emerson, Tacchinardi, Frings mentioned as well- also players in their thirties. I thought we were once (earlier this season) planning to build for the future?
    A side needs more of a mix of youth and experience than this, to add some freshness and hunger to the team.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    While I think Gilberto'd make a good signing, I do agree with Badass on the age thing. Look at what could possible the midfield and the forward departement:

Trezeguet Del Piero

All of them are players in their thirties....
    A side needs more of a mix of youth and experience to add some freshness and hunger to the team.

No one will disgaree with you. However you have to understand that too much youth will hurt the team because of lack of experience. It's one of the reasons Arsenal Is really not challenging for the title in the EPL.

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37
    I agree there. However that side wouldn't have much youth all and you need at least some youth. With this first 11, the only youthly factor would probably be Chiellini.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    That doesn´t neccesarily mean Gilberto won´t be good. And Vieira was not that bad.

Vieira was brought in when he was losing from. He's now playing good footy for Inter though. Boumsong was crap from the beginning. But beggars can't be choosers. He was the only defnder available and we were in a crisis at that time.
    True.

Trezeguet Del Piero

All of them are players in their thirties.... Then with players like Emerson, Tacchinardi, Frings mentioned as well- also players in their thirties. I thought we were once (earlier this season) planning to build for the future?
    A side needs more of a mix of youth and experience than this, to add some freshness and hunger to the team.
    But we have Marchionni, Paro and hopefully Mavuba for alternatives, they are fairly young. Tacchinardi is not needed anymore.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006

Trezeguet Del Piero.
    There is a point here, both Zanetti and Gilberto are defensive midfielders and Mister Deschamps has to buy a creative midfielder to place him in front of either Zanetti or Gilberto. :smoke:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006

bullshit if he costs us only 8 million, and bullshit that Porto will sell him just like that.

Unproven in Italy? and how could he prove himself if he doesn't play there? If that's the case then no club would buy foreign players because they are "unproven". You say he may be unproven yet you don't mention that Lucho is also unproven in Italy. And he will cost us more. A younger solution would have more time to settle in? not really. your supposed younger player could end up not settling in at all.

We have to take some risks in order to succeed. That's the general rule of life. Without risk comes no reward.
    soz but i live in a realistic world where football is not associated with fm and yes 8 mill in todays world is a realistic value, what did u think he was worth? 50 mill plus buffon?

lucho is younger than silva that way we can afford for him to settle, where as silva will most likely take a season to, which by then he will be 31, by then his best days will prob be over, and as u admitted lucho may not settle, but whos to say silva will aswell. only with lucho he has the years in which he can afford to settle and still get good usage out of him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)