Gilardino (5 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
he has potential yes. I was merely referring to those fans who practically claim gilardino is better than one of the world's current best strikers which obviously doesnt make sense. like tristan. how the hell is gilardino better than tristan? that's crazed.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
like tristan. how the hell is gilardino better than tristan? that's crazed.
Ill tell you how, because he has scored 23 goals in the most demanding league in the world, because he is younger, more talented and a more complete striker than Tristan is and in a age of just 22!. If you see Tristan as one of the worlds best strikers,- how come he's benched by Pandiani then???.

Aug 1, 2003
You don't judge a player just by one season. Tristan has dimmed, yes, but he too is also a great scorer, in what some claim to be also the greatest league la liga. he is proven in spain, he is proven for the big clubs and he is proven in europe. he has the experience, the pressure, the understanding. who are we to guarantee gilardino won't be a flop? I'm not saying he will never be successful, he's very talented and everything yes but there are no direct or secure factors that assures him the success that people claim he will have.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

Ill tell you how, because he has scored 23 goals in the most demanding league in the world, because he is younger, more talented and a more complete striker than Tristan is and in a age of just 22!. If you see Tristan as one of the worlds best strikers,- how come he's benched by Pandiani then???.
Gila is on form this season while Tristan is struggling to find his form again, anything could happen in football, what would you say if Gila involve in an injury and he lose his form and stop scoring....then you will say Kapo is better than Gila:rolleyes:

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
Gila is very talented,,but cant be compared to tristan who is a legend,

form is temporary,class is permenant ,use tht phrase a lot dude ;)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
You don't judge a player just by one season. Tristan has dimmed, yes, but he too is also a great scorer, in what some claim to be also the greatest league la liga. he is proven in spain, he is proven for the big clubs and he is proven in europe. he has the experience, the pressure, the understanding. who are we to guarantee gilardino won't be a flop? I'm not saying he will never be successful, he's very talented and everything yes but there are no direct or secure factors that assures him the success that people claim he will have.
First of all, like Maresca hasnt Gilardino been good only one year!, just because you havent followed players like him doesnt mean he is a one season wonder.
And Tristan is good, but only an average player, in Italy he would have been nothing!, he has lost much of his form and skills when he was supposed to be in his perfect age.

And yes there are no guaranties about Gila, but for god sake there is a reason for why he is praised and tipped to have a great future, and dont compare him to other promising players like Amoruso, Ventola and so on, because if you watch Gilardino then you can see he is something special.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++

A legend!???, ok, doesnt takes much to be a legend for you obviously!.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I think Gilardino is a great player i've watched him since last year.Although he didn't play much but when he got in he made an impression.
This year he made impressive performances.He has skills and a little experience. I tip him to be the next Vieri.

Now about tristan.You know if i would gamble on two players i would prefer the player thats already in the Seria A anyday over a player who is out of Seria A.

Even if u would give me Kluivert himself or Gilardino , i would chose Gila.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I really hope we sign Gila -- not for what he's done, but for the potential he could represent. Outside of Maresca, the Juve lineup is loaded with players who have already proven their best seasons and and are trying their best to replicate their glorious pasts.

We need more players with growth and future potential, not just riding out the waning years of their storied careers as best they can manage.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
his price tag is huge, and others want him now.

honestly, i'd rather not have a war against others, try and sign up a player like Morientes and cavenaghi instead. let everyone else fight for gilardino.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
So because Gilardino had good form this season, it means that he doesn't have class?

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

First of all, like Maresca hasnt Gilardino been good only one year!, just because you havent followed players like him doesnt mean he is a one season wonder.
I've followed him since he was in Verona. I don't have the access to 'really follow him' or anything of the sort, but I took notice of him the moment he stepped up to play for Verona. I never said he wasn't talented, he is, no one's denying that...

And Tristan is good, but only an average player, in Italy he would have been nothing!, he has lost much of his form and skills when he was supposed to be in his perfect age.
oh gee, how would you know tristan would flunk in serie A? and how would we know Gilardino won't be a flop for us? Age ain't nothing but a number in certain cases... Maldini and Billy Costacurta is 30-way-beyond but they're better than anyone else. Tristan had a bad season... but in no way that should cloud one's judgment and forget he had good ones

And yes there are no guaranties about Gila, but for god sake there is a reason for why he is praised and tipped to have a great future, and dont compare him to other promising players like Amoruso, Ventola and so on, because if you watch Gilardino then you can see he is something special.
I DO watch Gilardino and again I say he IS talented. Yes, he is. I just disagree with people saying he's better than Tristan when to me they can't even be compared properly. And there must be a reason why people tip him and everything, yes, but Blatter too once tipped Norway to win the World Cup.

I hope we buy him, preferably for a reasonable price, and he would do well for us.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
his price tag is huge, and others want him now.

honestly, i'd rather not have a war against others, try and sign up a player like Morientes and cavenaghi instead. let everyone else fight for gilardino.
agree.... ;) .. to iinvolve with bidding war is stupid and Juve never been that stupid...

beside.. after what happen to Di VAio, i am sure Moggi will think twice before splashing his cash on one season wonders..

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
Soccerage.com

05/30/2004. Parma hot-shot Alberto Gilardino has revealed that he'd like to join up with Cesare Prandelli at Roma.

Coach Prandelli made the switch from Parma to Roma on Friday, and Gilardino said: "I have a dream, and that is to play alongside Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano with Prandelli as the Coach."

He added: "I have always said that I will reveal my future only after the Championships."
SA Italy

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/v1276.html

Aug 27, 2003
but didnt he say it was his dream to play with juventus and his family and him are all juvetinos!! :confused: and he hopes that he scores on buffons net..which is his dream (this was before the juve match they played in the serie a)
wat the hell...now its his dream to play wit totti when he wanted to play alongisde del piero..i guess opinions change fast..or maybe soccer agelikes to twist them :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)