Gilardino (1 Viewer)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Oh I see! Ever play Sunday(saturday) league football. Pub geezers, skin heads the jamican, rasta team we had in our league we had an all french team as well who came top and my team were all muslim.

Its seems like its going to be hot summer down south. I'll be playing football like non stop reppin' in my pink Juve top.

Buy on AliExpress.com

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
he is playing great. obviously a good player to get for the future of this club.

but, has anyone thought that he could be a one season wonder? god knows we have had them recently.

thats the only thing i'm scared of with signing him.
Extreme talent and skills is NOT! a "one season wonder" end of story!.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

With all due respect to Lippi, my gut feeling is that Di Vaio's (the most notable one-season wonder of all) lack of success has been due to a certain degree of mismanagement. We've all seen what Marco can do given a bit of playing time and some confidence behind him.

I play as a forward, and I've learned that confidence is everything. If you don't think you're capable of converting a chance, you're not gonna score it. I think if Gila comes and we get one of DD and Prandelli (who can manage young players very well), Gila will mature into a juve icon for the future.

A juve fan and the most promising striker in Italy? We'd be idiots not to sign him
agree in everything you said.

Aug 1, 2003
to me DV wasn't a one hit wonder. He was quite good at Juventus [though misses a hell lot] but still score some goals when needed. his only problem was a bit of injustice done to him IMO and also lack of confidence due to that.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
to me DV wasn't a one hit wonder. He was quite good at Juventus [though misses a hell lot] but still score some goals when needed. his only problem was a bit of injustice done to him IMO and also lack of confidence due to that.

i think that if we dont sign Prandelli, then there is a risk that we WONT get Gilardino....

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

i think that is we not sign Prandelli, then there is risk that we WONT get Gilardino....
That is a realistic concern yes, because the french crap we'll probably get Nonda or some trash instead. But nothing is for sure so lets hope Juve gets Gila.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think we'll get Gila no matter what. It's not like the club that the coach comes from is all that important anyway

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

With all due respect to Lippi, my gut feeling is that Di Vaio's (the most notable one-season wonder of all) lack of success has been due to a certain degree of mismanagement. We've all seen what Marco can do given a bit of playing time and some confidence behind him.

I play as a forward, and I've learned that confidence is everything. If you don't think you're capable of converting a chance, you're not gonna score it. I think if Gila comes and we get one of DD and Prandelli (who can manage young players very well), Gila will mature into a juve icon for the future.

A juve fan and the most promising striker in Italy? We'd be idiots not to sign him
i want to sign him....he looks great. but i'm just starting to get memories of when we signed legrottaglie and di vaio etc...all had one great season and we decided to sign them thinking they would be superstars when they are not. with or without confidence, di vaio's problem is that the team has to be built around his style of play. and at juve this cant happen when you have so many champion players at the club. Di Vaio at Parma was very good simply because the coach played the tactics to suit di vaio. he missed many chances no doubt, but had enough during a game to still bag 1 or 2 goals. This isnt going to happen at juve, no coach who comes to juve is going to use tactics to suit di vaio's style of play.

back to gilardino. he is young and doing well at a lower club. many do this and join abig team and suddenly cant handle the big stage. This is why i want Gilardino as well as an experienced striker. A striker who can be relied upon to score goals and perform well. To show Gilardino the ropes playing at a big club and so on.

i just fear that if juve buys him, and plays him upfront and puts all the pressure in the world on him, he may buckle at the knees.

i think that is something to think about.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Looks like Gilardino has no idea where he will end up...

Gilardino Talks About His Future
05/17/2004. Alberto Gilardino, author of a poker of goals yesterday against Udinese, spoke today about his present and more importantly his future situation.

The Parma striker declared: "Right now I cannot decide anything because Parma's club situation is particular. I would like to stay here for one or more years, but we must keep the same coach, staff and players. If 3 or 4 leave I would act consequently. It's too early to say in which team I would like to play. My dream is of winning the Champions League."
SA Europe
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u9918.html

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Gilardino most be a supid person if he said this just after saying how he dreams about playing for Juve, so im sure it is only soccerage as usual making up their own stories.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't think it's stupid for him to say this, because I don't think he himself knows about his future. It's obvious that he wants to come to Juve, and he's done all he needs to do in order to come here, so it's upto the club and his management

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
Gilardino most be a supid person if he said this just after saying how he dreams about playing for Juve, so im sure it is only soccerage as usual making up their own stories.
They (soccerage) do make a lot of stuff up, especially with transfer rumors, but when it comes to quoting players they wouldn't dare to do that- they can get sued easily.

Alex

May 1, 2004
If we bring Gila to replace Trez we gotta show the guy some faith. PLay him from the start give him a few weeks to settle. Don't sub him to begin with and then after a month assess his contributions and use him if he works. After all he's playing next to Alessandro the great. The guys gonna be learn tricks week in week out. IMO he'll only improve.

PS: i just sent my 50th post. **** yeah baby!!!
Iam i in the club now or what?
Hey screw Prandelli and DD i would coach for free!!!!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
What League is that exactly, Is it after the Conference one?

Blackmint you some kind of super footballer:D

It think its great to know how to play in more than one position even if its not your best position(DP in defense, Euro 2000 vs Holland:D)

Keep up the practice. Mainly goalie because no one else will:D
well its an odd story of how i became to be such a goalie..:p

me and my mates were playing football intensly outside of skool one day, and i remember i really hurt my at the top (yes, near my ass..:groan: )
so i wanted to play football with my friends, so i played in goalie..and it was really good for me, and now i play there mostly.. i only cant catch hard shots well!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)