Gilardino to Juve (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Bad news

The guy that told me and other Juventini that Capello was hired by Juve told us that Gilardino signed with Roma.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There's so much crap flying around between now and July, I'll reserve my judgement until at least two credible sources in print confirm something from now on.

Welcome to the summer window, my friends!

Mar 14, 2004
Naaah.....Its reality. We have become an object of laughing among Europe......we even cannot complete the transfers that have been in "pole-position" for us whole season. Now even Vieri is linked with Real Madrid and Moggi seems helpless.....I hope thats undercover onley but development of things doestn fills me with optymism

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dammit. I wonder if this means Gilardino will be a Romanista for good, with little respect for Juve. I swear to God that if he treats Juve like Cassano and Totti, he can kiss the dream goodbye of playing for his favorite club. If he turned down the chance to play for Juve to go with Prandelli at Roma, then I think he is afraid of bigger challenges.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Naaah.....Its reality. We have become an object of laughing among Europe......we even cannot complete the transfers that have been in "pole-position" for us whole season. Now even Vieri is linked with Real Madrid and Moggi seems helpless.....I hope thats undercover onley but development of things doestn fills me with optymism

i fully trust moggi after the cappello move

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

if he really loves juve, he won't do that. ;)
But that is what makes me wonder. If he has the choice to join either Juve or Prandelli at Roma, why would he go to his favorite team's worst enemy? This, considering that Moggi did go after Gila according to reports, makes me wonder about Gilardino.

Mar 14, 2004
Well,there was a good collumn in Soccerage about favourite players clubs and dignity to join most hated opponents...(Smith-ManU,Figo-RealM...) and the conclusion was that in todays football there is NO real love for the club. Real love goes for money.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
well, he said that he is very thankfull to prandelli for making him such a good player, and i think that's a major reason for joining him to roma...

his teammate ferrari possibly joining roma is another reason that made gilardino take decision to go to roma...

or his agent hasn't received any offers from juve for him...
couple of weeks juve agents said that he is too expensive..

OTOH it's possible that juve snubbed him.

Jan 7, 2004
Well,there was a good collumn in Soccerage about favourite players clubs and dignity to join most hated opponents...(Smith-ManU,Figo-RealM...) and the conclusion was that in todays football there is NO real love for the club. Real love goes for money.

something wise from soccerage. and they are right

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
well, he said that he is very thankfull to prandelli for making him such a good player, and i think that's a major reason for joining him to roma...

his teammate ferrari possibly joining roma is another reason that made gilardino take decision to go to roma...

or his agent hasn't received any offers from juve for him...
couple of weeks juve agents said that he is too expensive..

OTOH it's possible that juve snubbed him.
Well, I guess its probably either Zlatan or Cavenaghi for Juve's future front runner.

Damn, I wanted Gilardino, but Zlatan would do, I guess.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That's the absolute practical answer. But it's not the only factor.

Not that I have a clue what it's like to be in Gila's shoes, but I have to imagine that the second biggest factor is signing with a team where he can can get playing time, learn from coaches and other great players, and grow as a player (and in future salary potential). Here Juve offers at least two out of the three over Roma -- with question marks around his playing time perhaps.

Following that, playing for a championship contender is probably less important for a player so young. And at the bottom has to be the favorite players club factor.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well, I guess its probably either Zlatan or Cavenaghi for Juve's future front runner.

Damn, I wanted Gilardino, but Zlatan would do, I guess.
I definitely wanted Gila too. And I am leery of Zlatan and his temper tantrums. But I am less concerned about that now with Capello at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)