OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #309
    Bad news...

Gilardino dreams of Roma reunion
    Sunday 30 May, 2004

Alberto Gilardino has come out of his silence and confessed he’ll favour a reunion with Cesare Prandelli at Roma.

“I have a dream,” revealed the Parma hitman, “and that is to play alongside Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano with Prandelli as the Coach.”

The Under-21 international was speaking after Italy’s crucial 2-1 win over Serbia Montenegro last night.

Gilardino, who bagged 23 Serie A goals under Prandelli’s guidance this season, had already been heavily linked to both Juventus and Roma.

But the club’s decision to appoint former Gialloblu boss Prandelli as a replacement for Fabio Capello seems to have swayed his decision towards the Capital.

“I have always said,” concluded the transfer hot property, “that I will reveal my future only after the Championships.”

The 22-year-old would be available for a relatively affordable £9m and recent reports suggest Juve have dropped their interest in him in order to go for Christian Vieri of Inter or Ajax hitman Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Sep 28, 2002
    i wouldnt mind vieri to be honest. ok, he's getting old and wants money and is a egocentric.

1. he stil does have couple if not more good years ahead of him.
    2. to play and WIN i'm sure he'd take a paycut.
    3. so do totti and cassano. capello nadled them well.

@33-34 vieri would leave or be relegated to bench and juve would be able to buy cavenaghi. not bad at all.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    the moment i knew prandelli went to roma,i knew something like this would happen.

ferrari will be tipped to replace samuel before long.
    Well I don't care about Ferrari if Mexes will join us. Supposedly the two can't play together anyway, so I would take the talented and younger Mexes over Ferrari.

About Gilardino, I still think we have a chance to sign him, if Moggi takes action.

Aug 1, 2003
    Bah; these things won't stop.

Capello : "I would never coach Juve"
    NEWS : Capello's Juve New Coach

so who knows;
    Gilardino : "I want a reunion at Roma with Prandelli"
    NEWS : Gilardino goes to Fiorentina or something

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Gilardino is the same false f***er likr Bonera. "My dream,is juve.........", and now that.

Let this pisser go to Roma, and we get Cave and Vieri ot Zlatan.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I would most definitely prefer Gila to management -- and team morale -- handfuls like Vieri or Ibrahimovic. The latter two are just not real longer-term options for us, IMO.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    Gilardino is the same false f***er likr Bonera. "My dream,is juve.........", and now that.
    Let this pisser go to Roma, and we get Cave and Vieri ot Zlatan.

Yes.
    It's very annoying, isn't it?.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)