Gianluigi Donnarumma - GK - AC Milan (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Are we forgetting that our GK is Polish?

Way too much underrating of Donnarumma simply because he plays for Milan and they haven't been in CL. He is by far the best GK in the league and at 22yo there is no young GK close to him. Same concept as the deal for De Ligt except Donnarumma is more experienced. With 250 games for Milan, a captain at 22yo, we are talking about someone extraordinary.

To sign Donnarumma as a free agent is a huge opportunity.

Hopefully PSG doesn't beat us to him.
PSG extended Navas only a few weeks ago.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The future of Donnarumma will be at Juventus Paratici is in advanced negotiations with Raiola agreeing to all his demands, and everything suggests that an agreement between the parties can be found in a fairly short time.(Calciomercato)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The future of Donnarumma will be at Juventus Paratici is in advanced negotiations with Raiola agreeing to all his demands, and everything suggests that an agreement between the parties can be found in a fairly short time.(Calciomercato)
Of course :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad Paratici will be kicked out before he is able to finalize the deal.
If only.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Marotta definitely had - his sacking was a big suprise for him - so he did work normally until the end.
They didn't want to announce it, if you go back to his thread at the time, you will see he won some executive of the year award just days before being let go. Would be odd looking if he was sacked before winning such award.

But Sami was extended 3 weeks before he left, if anyone thinks it was his decision or he had major input in the clubs dealings, they are fooling themselves. If anything, this stupid extension + raise handing out has been present more after his departure, with Bonucci, Szczesny, Matuidi, AS etc

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don’t really like how you’re comparing De Ligt and Donnarumma. Both were amazing talents, making their debuts at 16 years of age already.

De Ligt came in when Ajax had their most successful period since the ‘90s, and of course he contributed to their succes as he became their captain over time. The really had some key players with a overachieving Tadic, with Ziyech who was great, De Jong and Blind who complimented De Ligt.

Big difference is that everyone here follows the Serie A, and recalls every mistake Donnarumma has made, unlike with De Ligt and Ajax where his mistakes there remain forgotten.

Just because Donnarumma played in a meme Milan it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the talent. Ending 6th place with garbage on the field doesn’t necessarily make him a bad keeper.

We’re talking about a 22 y/o with 6 years Serie A experience, a starter for his country (with some interesting other keepers aswel) and someone who’s already captain for his team, that’s quite a lot for someone who isn’t even near his prime.

Btw Italians are far from hyped after the last decade. If Locatelli was Spanish and played in La Liga or PL we’d be paying 60m for him to give a comparison.

If you don’t agree on his salary then it’s your right of course, can’t say that I disagree or feel comfortable with him getting that amount of money, but for sure he isn’t your regular goalkeeper like Perin we signed from Genoa. He isn’t a finished product either; still has a long way to go but he’s regarded as the best young goalkeeper in Europe and that’s because he’s great considering his age.

- - - Updated - - -

So we should sell De Ligt while we still can?
I disagree. People here see Donnarumma as the next best thing while nobody mentions his brain farts during his stay at Milan. Everyone shits on our GK yet we don't mention mistakes Donnarumma made at Milan.

Also, him being captain at Milan means absolutely nothing. It's like having Bonucci with a captain armband. It's not a status that Del Piero and Nedved once had. Same goes with Milan and their below average team where he came out a young talent. I also don't think Italians have many great GKs around, not after Gigi. Many were rumored to be "next Buffon" but they all just choked.

And again. I will stress out two things that seem to disappear in my discussions. 1) I do not see GK spot as our priority and I don't understand why can't we focus on fixing our HORRIBLE midfield that we have, instead of chasing and overpaying wages for this guy 2) It's not that I think Donnarumma is shit and worst goalkeeper, no, it's not that. It's no.1 that I mentioned plus the fact that, like you said, he's not a finished products, and him asking for 10mln or more makes zero sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if half of our team riots about wages if we do this. People here whine how Dybala doesn't deserve 12-15mln and while I agree with that, I can't possibly imagine how and why would Donnarumma earn more than him. He has every right to ask for 15 because so far he contributed far, far more than Donnarumma at Milan.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
That's odd.

I seem to remember that it was known months in advance that his contract was not going to be renewed.
Iirc it came as a surprise to everyone. He announced it after a home match against Udinese which we won 2-0 with Bentancur and Ronaldo scoring.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So we're offering Donnarumma 10m, Zidane also wants his 10m, Dybala wants nothing less than 10m while Ronaldo is getting his 31m. Makes no sense.

I like Donnarumma and seeing an expensive Italian goalkeeper here for 10+ years proved to be great piece of business last time around I'm still against the idea of paying a goalkeeper that much money. Their impact is just not as big as outfield players.

- - - Updated - - -

So we're offering Donnarumma 10m, Zidane also wants his 10m, Dybala wants nothing less than 10m while Ronaldo is getting his 31m. Makes no sense.

I like Donnarumma and seeing an Italian goalkeeper here for 10+ years has proved to be great piece of business last time around I'm still against the idea of paying a goalkeeper that much money. Their impact is just not as big as outfield players.
He had one foot out of the door before Ronaldo was even signed.

- - - Updated - - -

:fab3:
Raiola owes us Haaland.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Ronaldo, deLight, Donnarumma.

Grande Paratici. He spoils us.

Don't get how some don't see it as a great signing. Then again, some didn't want Halland for 20m. There's always some.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Donnarumma and seeing an expensive Italian goalkeeper here for 10+ years proved to be great piece of business last time around I'm still against the idea of paying a goalkeeper that much money. Their impact is just not as big as outfield players.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Donnarumma and seeing an Italian goalkeeper here for 10+ years has proved to be great piece of business last time around I'm still against the idea of paying a goalkeeper that much money. Their impact is just not as big as outfield players.

Raiola owes us Haaland.
A little higher than Tek's high salary, will be more than offset by Tek's sale

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't want to announce it, if you go back to his thread at the time, you will see he won some executive of the year award just days before being let go. Would be odd looking if he was sacked before winning such award.

But Sami was extended 3 weeks before he left, if anyone thinks it was his decision or he had major input in the clubs dealings, they are fooling themselves. If anything, this stupid extension + raise handing out has been present more after his departure, with Bonucci, Szczesny, Matuidi, AS etc
Interesting take. Baffling why Allegri wanted Khedira extended. Too bad Marotta listened.

- - - Updated - - -

Extension doesn't happen in a day btw. Process started weeks or months before those three weeks.

Nothing beats Marotta's De Ceglie extension though. Great director but everyone has a weakness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)