Gianluigi Donnarumma - GK - AC Milan (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don’t think he wants to sign with us. He’s a Neapolitan Milan fan. I think he goes to PSG or maybe some EPL club.

Wouldn’t mind him at all tbh, I think he’s improving every season and it’s always nice to have the starting GK of the Italian NT, but imo he isn’t (and shouldn’t) be a priority for us right now.
Got it :fab:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I could see it happening and I'm really not sure what to think about it.

Donnarumma for free should be an amazing coup. Even on high wages with the Raiola fee.

He does have amazing ability. The combination of size and speed getting down produces some incredible reaction saves.

At the same time is he ready to be Juventus #1 next season? I expect errors. He is weak on crosses and set pieces. Maybe it will come with experience but I'm not sure Donnarumma is really ready for this now.

Maybe, pre Covid finances, I would feel more confident in this but ditching Tek (who has been great for us bar the significant slump last couple months) for Donnarumma on some massive wage packet?

Its a gamble and I've become less confident in managenment therefore less confident in our gambles lately.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Damn, I would love him here, Szczesny is good, but we can just offload him for ~20m and get Donna who is a keeper for next 15 years. Doubt it will happen though, in the end the renew with Milan is what will happen.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
It means players like Ramsey, Rabiot, and Szczesny (obvious) have to leave.

Donnarumma at 12m, and the sum of those 3 players is something like 20m?

So the replacements of the two midfielders must be players that earn less, like Locatelli and another one.

Not taking the chance to sign Donnarumma would be a big mistake, particularly for free (comissions aside). Same as it was with De Ligt. Heavy prices but these are the absolute top talents in their positions. Or Håland, any club that could sign him should want to sign him.

Sadly I think he will renew with Milan.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It's quite logical to sign Donnarumma because we will then make plusvalenza on Pole (who by the way, had some horrible mistakes in crucial part of the season).

This is so happening.

Buffon will probably stay because he's still a beast.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Donnarumma for free should be an amazing coup. Even on high wages with the Raiola fee.

He does have amazing ability. The combination of size and speed getting down produces some incredible reaction saves.

At the same time is he ready to be Juventus #1 next season? I expect errors. He is weak on crosses and set pieces. Maybe it will come with experience but I'm not sure Donnarumma is really ready for this now.

Maybe, pre Covid finances, I would feel more confident in this but ditching Tek (who has been great for us bar the significant slump last couple months) for Donnarumma on some massive wage packet?

Its a gamble and I've become less confident in managenment therefore less confident in our gambles lately.
Well in recent months fans have criticised Tek for his costly errors too, but to be honest asides from Oblak all the other top keepers have made costly mistakes... Roll up Alisson earlier this season.

If there is an offer for Tek and its decent enough I'd go with it, as much as I like the guy, he's replaceable.

If not, we're better off just sticking with Tek, and pass on Donnarumma. It's a shame Meret is at napoli, I've always thought highly of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if all this is a move to make milan twitch and meet the contractual demands.

Apr 19, 2007

Does anyone think the slump is related to things behind the scenes?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Players can sense or even know when they might leave. That messes with their heads quite a bit. Maybe his form is off bc hes dealing with agents and his future moving somewhere or just left in the dark to speculate
I'm not sure, I wouldn't have thought so. Tek seems mature enough to just get on with his job rather than 'feeling sorry for himself'. I think his dip in form like many in the team is just down to lapses in concentration.

Apr 19, 2007
I'm not sure, I wouldn't have thought so. Tek seems mature enough to just get on with his job. I think his dip in form like many in the team is just down to lapses in concentration.
This is purely speculation but it is interesting that its coming at this time. GK is a very confidence based position and mental mistakes come from that. We will see what happens but I wouldnt be surprised if his head is in a different place with either a transfer or knowing he might be sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)