Gianluigi Donnarumma - GK - AC Milan (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Paratici: We are in a budget crisis, we need to make at least 100 million by june, we have to lower our salary cap, we need midfielders, a left back, and striker... but hey!... lest just splash 12 million to a goalkeeper that we dont need

:marc:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What about before Buffon and after Zoff? You missed a generation there. No, Peruzzi was not the generational Italian goalkeeper - in fact, he probably cost us that CL final in 97. I will never forgive him for that.
Good point but he did win the shootout for us a year before.

I will never forgive Nedved for missing the 03 final and Trezeguet for the worst PK ive ever seen..

Still legends tho.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Milan has never had a truly great goalkeeper play for them, even in their glory days.

The generational Italian goalkeeper has always played for Juve (Zoff, Buffon)

Let's sign Donnarumma to continue that tradition.
Same as Barca. They always relied more on outfield players it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

What about before Buffon and after Zoff? You missed a generation there. No, Peruzzi was not the generational Italian goalkeeper - in fact, he probably cost us that CL final in 97. I will never forgive him for that.
I remember Hitzfeld said they practiced a lot of standard situations, meaning headers. He said Peruzzi was brilliant on the line in his reflexes but didn't like to come out of his goal.

And as they had Kalle Riedle in front it makes sense.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
This will be such a costly deal, while GK is not really a priority for us now.

I can see where the club is trying to come from: if they sign both Locatelli and Dollarumma, the team will have 4 very strong young players who would be the leaders almost instantly... I mean here the two mentioned above + Chiesa and De Ligt.
With that being said, it's difficult to dislike this approach, getting those 'ready' but still very young players should be a priority in itself, as opposed to old freebies who just look for that last fat contract.

Difficult choices to make, obviously.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It's almost certain that if we make this deal we will end up paying for to Raiola as agent fee than we will get for Szczesny as tranfer fee. This is not really a free transfer.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Single handedly? Demiral's penalty, Bentancur's pass or Ronaldo's jump played no role then.
That's all fine but the freekick? Come on. I would have saved that with my eyes closed.

Let's face it. He is a pussy.
Showed it many times. Big games. Palms are sweaty, knees week, mom's spaghetti, Donnaruma is two clasess above at minimum we'll have a great Buffon replacement.
Never forgetti.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Getting rid of Szczesny? Sure, he's unreliable.
Replacing him with Donnarumma? I'm not so sure, as he seems to be just as unreliable.

Taking age into account, it does seem like a reasonable deal however.
On the other hand, if those rumored wages are even close to being true, we should definitely steer clear. Hell, even half of those wages would be too much if you ask me.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Replacing him with Donnarumma? I'm not so sure, as he seems to be just as unreliable.

On the other hand, if those rumored wages are even close to being true, we should definitely steer clear. Hell, even half of those wages would be too much if you ask me.
Exactly. It so stupid to see Donnarumma ask for 10mln or more while he hasn't proved much so far.

Oh and not to mention how I'd expect Raiola to milk at least 30-40mln away from us for that deal.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Exactly. It so stupid to see Donnarumma ask for 10mln or more while he hasn't proved much so far.

Oh and not to mention how I'd expect Raiola to milk at least 30-40mln away from us for that deal.
Even Rabiot and Ramsey are earning ten million euros without significant contributions on the pitch

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I am very welcome to the idea of replacing the goalkeeper with a younger and better goalkeeper if and only if we have our priorities straight. Do we have our priorities where they should be? Is Tici aware of the teams needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)