Gianluigi Buffon (33 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
More then the on the pitch quality, what we lose aside from his leadership, is his star power. Juve has been synonymous with Buffon for a long time and currently Dybala is the only one in our squad who can come close to matching his star power.

Its going to pretty weird without him around next season, thats for sure. We will miss his presence, not so much his GK ability.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
All this talk about him going to another club reminds of gossips we had when Nedved was retiring, and how he might go to Inter or some other club...

I’m really sad he is leaving us, but it’s time to move on and look to the future.

P.S. I’m really sad I didn’t do anything to go to this last game, as he is definitely my all time favorite player.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
All this talk about him going to another club reminds of gossips we had when Nedved was retiring, and how he might go to Inter or some other club...

I’m really sad he is leaving us, but it’s time to move on and look to the future.

P.S. I’m really sad I didn’t do anything to go to this last game, as he is definitely my all time favorite player.
My all time favourite is the legend you have in your sig :)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I also think he could easily play for one more season without us losing quality in that department. How many consistently good goalkeepers are in the world? If he is willing to play in Europe for one more year, I don't see why our team shouldn't convince him to spend it at his home.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I also think he could easily play for one more season without us losing quality in that department. How many consistently good goalkeepers are in the world? If he is willing to play in Europe for one more year, I don't see why our team shouldn't convince him to spend it at his home.
As much as I love Gigi, I think Woj might be the better player at this point. We can't bench Gigi, because he's Gigi. But we can't bench Woj either, because he's better.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Quality wise he is still in top 10 keepers in Europe. Even if he doesnt want to play with us he definitely has to continue. If he plays for PSG I will cheer for PSG to win CHL and Id be as happy as Juve winning it.

Thank you Legend ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
As much as I love Gigi, I think Woj might be the better player at this point. We can't bench Gigi, because he's Gigi. But we can't bench Woj either, because he's better.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
I'm not so sure about that. And of course we can bench Buffon if he makes mistakes regularly. I'm not saying we should keep him because he's a legend; I actually think keeping him would be less risky than letting him go.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Love him and as painful as it is this should be his last season at Juventus. I do think the Pole deserves the starting spot and, imo, Buffon should retire rather than sit on the bench.

Offer him an involved job as a director or an assistant coach or something to keep him around and welcomed.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Quality wise he is still in top 10 keepers in Europe. Even if he doesnt want to play with us he definitely has to continue. If he plays for PSG I will cheer for PSG to win CHL and Id be as happy as Juve winning it.

Thank you Legend ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A fairly pathetic statement.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
More then the on the pitch quality, what we lose aside from his leadership, is his star power. Juve has been synonymous with Buffon for a long time and currently Dybala is the only one in our squad who can come close to matching his star power.

Its going to pretty weird without him around next season, thats for sure. We will miss his presence, not so much his GK ability.
Time to move on. Time to make new “stars”. We’ve always done that throughout our history and Juve is, far and away, the most popular and talked about Italian team right now. I wouldn’t worry too much about us not being a relevant club or anything like that.

Let’s not be like Roma fans and have Gigi outstay his welcome like Totti did. It’s the right time for the club and Gigi to part ways. Just like it was for Del Piero to move on when he did in 2012.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)