Gianluigi Buffon (38 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Real-favouritism is a thing, albeit not to a degree that destroys football; Ronaldo and current status play a large part in that

We are a part of the establishment

Different refs, different human beings, different games. If you expect a sport with clear cut rules and not difference in line, I assume chess is your game.

Dubious decisions have always been a part of football (Muntari goal? Btw. who were the goalkeeper in that game), even VAR can't change that. Besides VAR wouldn't have changed the penalty call.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

The penalty itself really isn't the biggest issue. It's that 9 times out of 10, similar calls would not be made in favour of the team playing against Real. The foul on Cuadrado was a 100% penalty (there can honestly be no debate about this, if we actually follow the rules), Dybala's red card was mindboggling, especially as Ronaldo never seems to be booked for diving. And it's not exactly the first games in which this happens. Cuadrado's red in the final last year was a decision I cannot understand either. Real's offside goals against Bayern were fundamental in them going through as well.

It's a lot. And it's annoying. But I think the mistake most people are making is attributing all of this mess to Michael Oliver.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There is no argument. You are shifting burden of proof. A mere fallacy.

That's technically not really an issue. You can't prove a negative. You can't prove a similar penalty was never given. Your "proof" would be showing all games ever televised. Obviously that's insane. In a court of law this sort of situation can shift the burden of proof in certain circumstances.

There are of course dozens of similar penalties in big games, so I'm not sure what he's getting at though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yep, this is def not a penalty.
Well, I'd agree with you, but for some reason there are still a lot of people calling it a penalty.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...nger-wins-crucial-penalty-to-sink-Mexico.html

See this bullshit piece which is eerily similar to articles I've read about our situation.

And when Márquez thrust out a leg in the attempt to stop him, the game was over. For sure the contact was slight, certainly Robben made the most of it, flying through the air with the anguished aplomb of a stunt artist. It may even have been initiated by the Dutchman but there was contact made. It was a penalty. And if Robben shamelessly took advantage of the challenge, then he was perhaps merely responding to what had happened earlier in the game, when the referee waved aside claims for a penalty after he had been hacked at not once but twice in the area. This time he was going to make sure. And that was what he did. If he is on your side you call it professionalism. If he is an opponent you tear out your hair with the injustice of it all. But it was not – in this instance at least – cheating.
Robben, on the other hand, was. He was entirely the reason why the Mexicans tasted such unpalatable defeat. No because he cheated them, however. He was the one who suffered an illegal infringement. He was the one who was fouled, no matter how marginal the contact may have been.

The fact is, Mexico are out because there is no one better equipped in football to exploit such a moment as Robben. How to stop him has become the biggest conundrum at this World Cup.
It's ridiculous of course. Mexico were out, because Robben cheated. No way is that a penalty.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Well, I'd agree with you, but for some reason there are still a lot of people calling it a penalty.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...nger-wins-crucial-penalty-to-sink-Mexico.html

See this bull$#@! piece which is eerily similar to articles I've read about our situation.

It's ridiculous of course. Mexico were out, because Robben cheated. No way is that a penalty.
Yep, my idea is Maddy to show me a similar penalty decision that is overwhelmingly accepted as fair. This is absolutely not the case (the video with Robben) although there are tribalists arguing the opposite :D

Man, people defending Robben are like SJW, wtf

"We should defend the oppressed cheaters"
"Even cheaters deserves some credit for cheating"

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The bullshit article and Maddy's ridiculous point of view both have the same weakness - believing that is a 100% penalty. Which demonstrates a bad combination in the character of both - arrogance and idiocy

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Lol people will forget this soon enough, can't believe people are comparing the referee incident to Zidane literally headbutting a player in a world cup on his last game.
I dont think so. It wasnt as bad as zizous.

Players get send off every now and then by incidents like this. Not everyone get send off by headbutting a player.
The reading comprehension of some on here is really off the charts :lol:

What i said:

"He didn't headbutt another player, but given the timing, and most importantly how unusual it was for him to act like that made it worse than it actually was. If it was any other player, i'd say who gives a fuck? But Gigi was/is the ultimate nice guy in football, not anymore. It's a sour taste that will stay imo."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)