Gianluigi Buffon (19 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
A good piece on Buffon. Fanboys shouldn't read it, it might challenge your cognitive bias.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-tainted-legacy-vile-rant-Michael-Oliver.html

In before ad hominem and other fallacies
So he is now responsible for refs not being able to handle the pressure? I dont get what this article is saying. Refs are leaving early in the EPL because they cant handle the pressure. Basically said the same thing gigi did but somehow blamed it on GIgi

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
A good piece on Buffon. Fanboys shouldn't read it, it might challenge your cognitive bias.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-tainted-legacy-vile-rant-Michael-Oliver.html

Not that he should care about it, and he probably doesn't, but a lot of neutral football fans all around the world, who only ever get to see Gigi when he plays for the NT or with Juve in the CL, will remember him for this outburst imo.

Not that there aren't plenty of great things/epic moments to remember him for, but it happened at the end if his career, there isn't much more to come, and people do have short memories. Not to mention it was just so unusual for him to act like that. He's always only spoken about others with respect, Journos and players alike who looked up to him and cocksucked him whenever given the oportunity to do so, naming him as the perfect role model and so on, now see him exposed as salty, bad loser (not my opinion, just reading what has been written on websites over the past few days).

He didn't headbutt another player, but given the timing, and most importantly how unusual it was for him to act like that made it worse than it actually was. If it was any other player, i'd say who gives a fuck? But Gigi was/is the ultimate nice guy in football, not anymore. It's a sour taste that will stay imo.

It's obviously gonna change nothing for Juve fans, for whom he's won tons of trophies for, bleeding the club colours for decades now, but imo it might very well change how the neutral looks at him.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Not that he should care about it, and he probably doesn't, but a lot of neutral football fans all around the world, who only ever get to see Gigi when he plays for the NT or with Juve in the CL, will remember him for this outburst imo.

Not that there aren't plenty of great things/epic moments to remember him for, but it happened at the end if his career, there isn't much more to come, and people do have short memories. Not to mention it was just so unusual for him to act like that. He's always only spoken about others with respect, Journos and players alike who looked up to him and cocksucked him whenever given the oportunity to do so, naming him as the perfect role model and so on, now see him exposed as salty, bad loser (not my opinion, just reading what has been written on websites over the past few days).

He didn't headbutt another player, but given the timing, and most importantly how unusual it was for him to act like that made it worse than it actually was. If it was any other player, i'd say who gives a fuck? But Gigi was/is the ultimate nice guy in football, not anymore. It's a sour taste that will stay imo.

It's obviously gonna change nothing for Juve fans, for whom he's won tons of trophies for, bleeding the club colours for decades now, but imo it might very well change how the neutral looks at him.
I agree with all of it, he's lost a lot in this

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont think so. It wasnt as bad as zizous.

Players get send off every now and then by incidents like this. Not everyone get send off by headbutting a player.

If he attacked the ref it would have marked him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Good, fuck being nice

Guarin-lover

Feb 2, 2014
In two years time, maybe even less, nobody will even remember this ref and his $#@!. But the legend called Buffon will live on. Remember that.
Dunno... Tom Henning Øvrebø, Cüneyt Çakır (Nani red card), Howard Webb (known for being biased at Man Utd) says hi.

Deniz Aytekin will also be remembered years from now after what happened Barca-PSG game.

It's honestly not a big deal. It will all be forgotten soon. People are just making a fuss because it's Buffon
How can you guys be so sure about that?

Especially if Buffon has made his last ever CL-match or Real Madrid ending up winning the UCL.

The incident has definitely ruined Buffon's reputation as an classy gentleman for people outside Italy (although it's not the first time Buffon has made unsportsmanlike post game comments, illegal bets etc.)

Mar 10, 2009

The topic comments say otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think so. It wasnt as bad as zizous.

Players get send off every now and then by incidents like this. Not everyone get send off by headbutting a player.

If he attacked the ref it would have marked him.
The English massacered Ronaldo and the ref in 2006 for winking at the bench, and blamed the two for getting Ronaldo sent off. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
english playing the victim :inter:
:agree: Exactly. English media and objectivity :howler:

Another attention seeking whore of a journalist trying to get in on the whole Buffon debate :lol:

I sincerely hope Buffon doesn't apologize for his actions. Fuck Oliver the cunt; he should learn to deal with the pressure that comes with being a referee. I'm definitely not condoning the death threats and attacks as that is disgusting, but Buffon is not responsible or liable for people's retarded behavior and reactions. Also, what he said, unfiltered and candid, in the heat of the moment, should not be held against him. Perhaps he should have worded things more carefully, and he admitted to that, but there's no reason to issue a full apology.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015

Another attention seeking whore of a journalist trying to get in on the whole Buffon debate :lol:

I sincerely hope Buffon doesn't apologize for his actions. Fuck Oliver the cunt; he should learn to deal with the pressure that comes with being a referee. I'm definitely not condoning the death threats and attacks as that is disgusting, but Buffon is not responsible or liable for people's retarded behavior and reactions. Also, what he said, unfiltered and candid, in the heat of the moment, should not be held against him. Perhaps he should have worded things more carefully, and he admitted to that, but there's no reason to issue a full apology.
:agree:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:agree: :tup:

Of course it's the self-confessed Premier League fanboi who brings a daily mail trash piece here to "challenge our cognitive bias" and troll the Buffon thread a little more. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

It's pretty clear being too nice isn't the way to CL titles.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

:tup:

English media and their disgusting hypocrisy makes me sick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)