Gianluigi Buffon (37 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I'm saying overall, that shouldnt be remembered as one of the defining moments in his career.

He's gone completely berserk and lost his composure totally. Atleast Agnelli had some legitimate complaints about Italian teams being penalized by refs in Europe but Buffon on the other hand, a guy who's respected everywhere and a guy who has a 'classy' stature about him continues to rant about the referee. He would've lost some respect around many parts with this behaviour. We would understand his reaction but everyone else wouldnt share the same perspective as us.
:agree: I thought you were suggesting him retiring this season will save him some dignity. I disagree with that one.

Mar 10, 2009
Zidane head butting a football player in the world cup final, is the same as Buffon getting sent off for shouting at the ref in the quarters of the CL? Not even close.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Zidane head butting a football player in the world cup final, is the same as Buffon getting sent off for shouting at the ref in the quarters of the CL? Not even close.
Buffon didn't get the red card for shouting. This was what caused the sending off.

[video=twitter;984316325676929025]https://twitter.com/chrismd10/status/984316325676929025[/video]

Mar 10, 2009
Buffon didn't get the red card for shouting. This was what caused the sending off.

[video=twitter;984316325676929025]https://twitter.com/chrismd10/status/984316325676929025[/video]

Not clear enough to be a jab, are you sure he wasn't trying to tug on his shirt to get his attention?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

So now Douggie C is responsible for the sending off? :shifty:

To be fair there are players in the way. You can't see clearly what Costa does.

Mar 10, 2009
So now Douggie C is responsible for the sending off? :shifty:

To be fair there are players in the way. You can't see clearly what Costa does.

Oliver clearly wasn't fit for the job. If anything Benatia should have been sent off; second yellow plus preventing a goal scoring opportunity.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Look at Blaise, clearly should have been sent off, according to tuz objective squads logic
Our entire team should have been sent off. Juventus should get 5 year ban from CL, and our two CL trophies taken away. Buffon should be stripped off all titles for inciting his private army of unstable internet followers to send death threats to Oliver.

FIGC should use the momentum from this incident to have new Calciopoli investigation, and strip our last 6 titles, relegate us to Lega Pro. Maybe even disband the club.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Our entire team should have been sent off. Juventus should get 5 year ban from CL, and our two CL trophies taken away. Buffon should be stripped off all titles for inciting his private army of unstable internet followers to send death threats to Oliver.

FIGC should use the momentum from this incident to have new Calciopoli investigation, and strip our last 6 titles, relegate us to Lega Pro. Maybe even disband the club.
Its time to disband club amd start a new. Form a new, Joventus Club de Futbal somewhere in Spain, change the mentality to play a modern game, get Iglo Tare and Simone Inzaghi to headstart the project. Appologize for calciopoli, appologize for gol du Muntari, appologize to Oliver and his family, appologize to UEFA ans Madrid. Only then we can grow as a whole, the Club as well as the fans

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
By not backtracking on his statement, Gigi becomes my all time favorite sportsman.
This.

In a world of carefully-worded statements, hypocrisy and boring and scripted “answers” in interviews, it’s nice that Gigi still sticks to his convictions and hasn’t shifted his opinion 180 degrees. More proud of him now than I ever was. If only we could see this less statesman-like version of him more in his Juventus career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)