Gianluigi Buffon (28 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I haven't seen him this worked up in a match in a while
Him getting mad at the linesman for not calling the ball out of bounds after Son's play is something I've not seen in a long long time. I thought the ref would book him, but then his reputation saves him from those I guess.
Did he slip or did he think someone else was going to pull the trigger and dive a lot early? Either ways, poor effort on that goal.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
icemaη;5693647 said:
Him getting mad at the linesman for not calling the ball out of bounds after Son's play is something I've not seen in a long long time. I thought the ref would book him, but then his reputation saves him from those I guess.
Did he slip or did he think someone else was going to pull the trigger and dive a lot early? Either ways, poor effort on that goal.
When watching it live I thought he must have anticipated either the ball would go to the Tottenham player in the center or that Son would fire earlier but yea either way looked really poor while conceding another goal in crucial CL knockout.

I don't think there will be any plan (nor should there be) to bench a player like him for the remainder of the season yet, come end of the season, I would seriously reconsider giving him another year as starter.

Mar 10, 2009
When watching it live I thought he must have anticipated either the ball would go to the Tottenham player in the center or that Son would fire earlier but yea either way looked really poor while conceding another goal in crucial CL knockout.

I don't think there will be any plan (nor should there be) to bench a player like him for the remainder of the season yet, come end of the season, I would seriously reconsider giving him another year as starter. /QUOTE]

I honestly think he's finished. Could become a liability.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

I don't think there will be any plan (nor should there be) to bench a player like him for the remainder of the season yet, come end of the season, I would seriously reconsider giving him another year as starter.
If he's not a starter, he should retire. And I don't think he has another year in him. He still produces magnificent saves but the rate at which he makes mistakes has increased drastically. It's not only the ones that have resulted in goals, but others as well which people tend to forget.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
icemaη;5693733 said:
If he's not a starter, he should retire. And I don't think he has another year in him. He still produces magnificent saves but the rate at which he makes mistakes has increased drastically. It's not only the ones that have resulted in goals, but others as well which people tend to forget.
Yea really might be best to call it quits and be remembered for the glorious career he had before he declines and has to suffer through a season of the bench or making embarrassing mistakes.

Make him a staff member or Goalkeeping coach or something.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I hope he will stay another year, this time as a backup goalie. He's an inspiration, leader, legend, role model, we need that in the locker room. Or yeah, as staff member. Just to be near the team.

Mar 10, 2009
Why wait until next year? It took Buffon far too long to cross the goal, even with Kane being offside. Play Buffon in Serie A and play 'the Big Pole,' in the CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)