Gianluigi Buffon (38 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
When big players leave/retire , they'll be replaced with new leaders. Did we suffer when Del Piero left? He was as much the heart and soul of our team as Buffon is.

Once Buffon goes, Chiellini will still be around , Marchisio too(hopefully) , Rugani could become a future leader and all these players embody the Juventus spirit.

Gigi is a legend and will be among the top 5 greatest players of all time in Juventus history. Just leave it at that. Instead of trying to sound all melodramatic and cheesy because he will be leaving.
Yes, everyone missed him like crazy, I still do, you don't?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yes, everyone missed him like crazy, I still do, you don't?
That's not an answer to his question.

You are talking about your personal affections.

- - - Updated - - -

When big players leave/retire , they'll be replaced with new leaders. Did we suffer when Del Piero left? He was as much the heart and soul of our team as Buffon is.

Once Buffon goes, Chiellini will still be around , Marchisio too(hopefully) , Rugani could become a future leader and all these players embody the Juventus spirit.

Gigi is a legend and will be among the top 5 greatest players of all time in Juventus history. Just leave it at that. Instead of trying to sound all melodramatic and cheesy because he will be leaving.
:agree:

Juventus have seen greats leave. The Club is still Juventus. The aura of Buffon will be missed in the tiem just after, but it won't take long and then we'll only miss him 'cause affections; similar to any other Juventus footballers that have touched us.

Last part is spot on.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Report : Buffon to retire

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has reportedly decided to retire from professional football at the end of the season.

According to Corriere della Sera, the announcement should arrive sooner than expected so that he gets a better send-off than fellow legends Alessandro Del Piero and Francesco Totti.

However, the newspaper notes he “wouldn’t have liked” recent statements made by Italy caretaker Luigi Di Biagio, who said the 40-year-old deserved a better farewell than being part of the Azzurri team that lost to Sweden in the World Cup playoffs.

This would be because the 2006 World Cup winner “doesn’t want to take the place of a younger player.”

Buffon could yet end the season with a treble as Juve are still in with a shout of winning Serie A, the Coppa Italia and Champions League.

I hope he gives all he has in the forthcoming CL games.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
That's not an answer to his question.
He asked if Juventus suffered when Del Piero left. We sure did, the bigger part of the club staff, players and fans surely missed his presence, many still do. Did it mean we stopped winning or did it majorly affect our performances on field? No, but that doesn't mean we didn't suffer. Same for Buffon, saying Juve won't suffer when he retires is foolish, of course we will, I already feel a bit empty inside thinking that he might play his last game in less than 3 months.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he gives all he has in the forthcoming CL games.
Lol

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
He asked if Juventus suffered when Del Piero left. We sure did, the bigger part of the club staff, players and fans surely missed his presence, many still do. Did it mean we stopped winning or did it majorly affect our performances on field? No, but that doesn't mean we didn't suffer. Same for Buffon, saying Juve won't suffer when he retires is foolish, of course we will, I already feel a bit empty inside thinking that he might play his last game in less than 3 months.
You might suffer emotionally. I won't.

We won't suffer in terms of football.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I wrote that because it's officially his very last attempt in CL not in an attempt to mock him or something but by all means continue being an emotional fool and misunderstand arguments like above. You dint even understand in what context i was referencing to that 'suffer' comment but i suppose pretentious smartasses cant be helped.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I wrote that because it's his very last attempt in CL not in an attempt to mock him or something but by all means continue being an emotional fool and misunderstand arguments like above. You dint even understand in what context i was referencing to that 'suffer' comment but i suppose pretentious smartasses cant be helped.
Yeah, I guess we better avoid each other, I don't enjoy your posts at all.
Settings -> Edit Ignore List (under My account)

Attachments

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Great. I am about to do that. Win-win for both of us :baus:

As for you not enjoying my posts, i dont care tbh. I am not here to please you but off-late it seems you give me a really annoying vibe and yeah, its better we avoid each other for a while.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Buffon more than deserves to play the season out even with the slight "hiccups" on his part over the season. The Pole has played well but who knows how his play would be in a really BIG match? Oldies but goodies like Licht and Barza have come through so I expect (hope) Gigi will do the same where a loss won't be cause of his play. Or more appropriate a win would be cause of his play like so many other times in his Juve career.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

Nobody sounds cheesier and dramatic than you, buddy. Did I say we will suffer for years? Of course we will find ourselves the next leader but not right away, and no it's not going to be Chiellini, Marchisio or Rugani.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)