Gianluigi Buffon (243 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I love people who judge on snapshots, and when it's ex-players it's even more laughable.

Mario fucking Basler, really....he retired 15 years too late.
It's often ex players who feel the need for an other five minutes of attention.

Buffon made a mistake. Yes. And maybe 10 years ago he could have corrected that mistake by keeping it out anyway. His style has definitely changed in that nowadays he has to focus on being absolutely perfect and intelligent in the way he does his job.

But to say that he should have retired years ago is just ridiculous. I remember Euro 2016 for example, where he was easily the best goalkeeper. Not to mention the mental toughness and intelligence he adds to a team (surely he's the only goalkeeper to applaud his defenders for letting someone shoot from 25 meters out because he knows he should save those efforts anyway).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
the pole was not mentioned once in any lineup or lineup discussion in the game thread, but yeah, "he should've started". I bet that was also your first thought when Buffon pulled that incredible save on Kane in 1st half
You tell him my friend. What a fucking save! The match seemed to be played in Juve's end for the most part. Made a mistake for sure, but WTF. Typically second guessing like always from SOME!

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Because it's Buffon. He was expected to start. Allegri wouldn't have made the bold decision to bench Buffon. Since your opinions have been mostly clueless ever since I've had arguments with you especially about Szczesny , I suppose I'd have to take it with a grain of salt. I want what's best for the team whether he's a legend or a youngster, nobody is above the club. But it's hard explaining this to fanboy minds like yours which evoke emotional responses like the one above. Good day.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather keep playing the pole to be honest, not happening of course.
Of course Buffon is still top quality at this age but going by form, it would be really cruel to bench Szczesny.
The Fair-weather fans we are. Obviously no one ever wanted the Pole to keep on playing.

Pitbull must have dropped his glasses.

- - - Updated - - -

Inb4 Gigi is still good - yes, but if we have 2 good goalies to choose from, then why not keep playing the one that's in great shape?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

The Fair-weather fans we are. Obviously no one ever wanted the Pole to keep on playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Inb4 Gigi is still good - yes, but if we have 2 good goalies to choose from, than why not keep playing the one that's in great shape?
Last paragraph: because of diplomacy most likely and because buffon is a legendary keeper and our captain.

But if we get objective, he must be sharing spoils with wojek

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Inb4 Gigi is still good - yes, but if we have 2 good goalies to choose from, than why not keep playing the one that's in great shape?
I love how you pulled posts from the start of January and tried to link them to Spurs game more than a month later, especially when there are posts days before the game where you both agree to lineups with Buffon in it.

might as well quoted people who were saying that Buffon should consider retiring with grace in 2011 after Lecce failure or 2013 after that Bayern ricochet, Xperd was most probably one of them

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I love how you pulled posts from the start of January and tried to link them to Spurs game more than a month later, especially when there are posts days before the game where you both agree to lineups with Buffon in it.

might as well quoted people who were saying that Buffon should consider retiring with grace in 2011 after Lecce failure or 2013 after that Bayern ricochet, Xperd was most probably one of them
Pulling statements out of your ass now ?Ironically you were the guy who was labelling someone in that other thread that he argues like a 12 year old. Seriously you're no better.
I suppose Agnelli was a fairweather fan was refusing to extend ADP's contract. Buffon is on his last legs , he's 40 ffs and highly rumoured to retire. Meanwhile Szczesny has probably been our best signing of the summer. He's been better than Buffon , More agile , better reflexes, better reactions but it's a waste of time arguing this with you as you dont watch the games. Legend or not, No exceptions should be made. Buffon shouldn't get a pass just because he's been stellar for us all his career. Some times you just have to move on. Now I know it won't happen this season but from next year, Szczesny should be our #1.
You're just an emotional poster who came in here with the intent of insulting anyone that criticized Buffon's performance. And your fairweather fan comment was highly uncalled for.

Listen, I'm all up for legitimate , civil discussions but I suggest you take your own words back because I can clearly see who argues like a 12 yr old here. And oh yeah, please watch some football too. This is not 2006 anymore.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Discuss Buffon's football abilities for all that matters.

But Juventus will always be above any player. So his living legend status is irrelevant in a football discussion and if that argument is used one is per default disqualified.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Pulling statements out of your ass now ?Ironically you were the guy who was labelling someone in that other thread that he argues like a 12 year old. Seriously you're no better.
I suppose Agnelli was a fairweather fan was refusing to extend ADP's contract. Buffon is on his last legs , he's 40 ffs and highly rumoured to retire. Meanwhile Szczesny has probably been our best signing of the summer. He's been better than Buffon , More agile , better reflexes, better reactions but it's a waste of time arguing this with you as you dont watch the games. Legend or not, No exceptions should be made. Buffon shouldn't get a pass just because he's been stellar for us all his career. Some times you just have to move on. Now I know it won't happen this season but from next year, Szczesny should be our #1.
You're just an emotional poster who came in here with the intent of insulting anyone that criticized Buffon's performance. And your fairweather fan comment was highly uncalled for.

Listen, I'm all up for legitimate , civil discussions but I suggest you take your own words back because I can clearly see who argues like a 12 yr old here. And oh yeah, please watch some football too. This is not 2006 anymore.
I'm not debating whether Buffon should be a starter or not , I was just pointing out how great was the reaction of you and several other posters, implying that Buffon is somehow keeping the club hostage right after the Spurs game, great timing, kicking a legend while he's down is :baus: Please, get this in your head, this is becoming tiring.

Which words do you want me to take back? Fuck fairweather fans? I can rephrase to "long live Xperd, greatest fan ever" if itll make you feel better

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'm not debating whether Buffon should be a starter or not , I was just pointing out how great was the reaction of you and several other posters, implying that Buffon is somehow keeping the club hostage, great timing, kicking a legend while he's down is :baus: Please, get this in your head, this is becoming tiring.

Which words do you want me to take back? Fuck fairweather fans? I can rephrase to "long live Xperd, greatest fan ever" if itll make you feel better
Where did I imply anything like that ?

thought his performance today was a bit dodgy

Could've done better on the 2nd goal atleast
This was my only post before your response

And then you came in acting all holier than thou, insulting people for criticizing his performance.

I agree. It's tiring to respond to a poster who argues like a 12 yr old. Good day, I'm done with you.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think for some posters it was a bad timing to target buffon to bh.

He has been good the whole season, even after his return from injury. The game against spurs was a colossal collective fuckfest, and even then, buffon did his job but was unable to escape the fuck ups.

In any other day he would have delivered better. Thats said, he needs to start being on the bench more for wojek. Not because he is a liablity for us, but because its a reality he is 40 and life goes on.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Where did I imply anything like that ?

This was my only post before your response

And then you came in acting all holier than thou, insulting people for criticizing his performance.

I agree. It's tiring to respond to a poster who argues like a 12 yr old. Good day, I'm done with you.
Ok, then it was not you but other poster at first, stop crying and bring your "Buffon shouldnt start but we all know he will" complaining to Allegris thread

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
He has been good the whole season, even after his return from injury. The game against spurs was a colossal collective $#@!fest, and even then, buffon did his job but was unable to escape the $#@! ups.

In any other day he would have delivered better. Thats said, he needs to start being on the bench more for wojek. Not because he is a liablity for us, but because its a reality he is 40 and life goes on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 239)