Gianluigi Buffon (21 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
I don't think at that point Gigi was going to take any chances. That punching into the middle is a weakness of his but I won't go so far to say he shouldn't even attempt that save out of confidence it would've gone out - there might be an udinese player lurking behind for all he would know

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
Five goalkeepers shortlisted for FIFA FIFPro World XI 2013

FIFPro, the worldwide players’ union, and FIFA today announced the five goalkeepers shortlisted for the FIFA/FIFPro World XI 2013 (see list below) as part of the final 55-player shortlist to be revealed on 9 December 2013.

The goalkeeper shortlist is: (home country, club)
Gianluigi Buffon (Italy, Juventus); Iker Casillas (Spain, Real Madrid CF); Petr Cech (Czech Republic, Chelsea FC); Manuel Neuer (Germany, FC Bayern München), Víctor Valdes (Spain, FC Barcelona).

Link: http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/news/newsid=2237848/index.html?intcmp=newsreader_news_caption

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
The fact that Casilias is there is more fun. 11 appearances in 2013 in club level is enough to get nominated.
:boh: I think Weidenfeller from Dortmund, or Marchetti or Courtois should be on that list and not Casillas.

But again this shows how corrupt fifa is... and how they love La liga

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
FIFA are such a joke it's almost like it's not worth talking about what a joke they are anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

See what people are saying with him pushing the ball out as he has always done it, but I suspect with three defenders there he thought he was pushing that one out to relative safety.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Valdes deserves to be there a lot more than Buffon. But Casillas doesn't. Which means the list is obviously just big goalkeepers from big teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)