Gianluigi Buffon (26 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
That goal he conceded was one most keepers would concede. His late form is more about confidence though IMO. He doesn't trust the defence and vice versa.

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
This. Buffon is the best we have.

What about Leali, has anyone here been following his progress? Think he's ready for the first team?

- - - Updated - - -

That goal he conceded was one most keepers would concede. His late form is more about confidence though IMO. He doesn't trust the defence and vice versa.
I agree, yet it was only last season when he said this is the best defense that has ever played infront of him

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Second goal? He should have done much, much better. Any decent goalkeeper would parry that. Blaming him for penalty is ridiculous though.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Why am I not surprised. We are talking about Gianluigi Buffon here, people. How many times people rejected world class players after couple of bad performances and those players came back stronger? Gigi ain't that old, he has no health issues, he'll be back. Have some more faith, remember what he gave to us.
1 loss and You're all on panic mode, sayin' we'll lose 6-0 with Real. I feel ashamed that such pussies are "supporting" that legendary club.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It dipped quite a bit, I see keepers conceding that a lot. I just think he is low on confidence, a big thing for a player. We are letting players shoot from everywhere and paying the price. Falls on both parties.
It dipped quite a bit I think.

Oct 23, 2011
It dipped alright, but there is no way a left-footed player can score from that angle with that height. His form since the game against Bayern is simple not good enough. Its been for a year now and it costed us to many points but only this season it happens almost every game. Unless he does not find his 'form' back (can we even speak about form?) we seriously need to search for a replacement for next season.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
It dipped quite a bit, I see keepers conceding that a lot. I just think he is low on confidence, a big thing for a player. We are letting players shoot from everywhere and paying the price. Falls on both parties.
It dipped quite a bit I think.
it was a big mistake no doubt. maybe he didnt think he would shoot from there, but its on buffon no matter what. i am thinking most players know how weak buffon is at the moment and that is a big part of the reason they shoot from everywhere. Noticed in the game against lazio for the first time how they tried to shoot at every chance. no doubt every team is gonna do this, and if things dont turn around, we will loose alot of points.

- - - Updated - - -

just had a look on youtube to find this years perfomances from buffon, imo there is 5 matches where he made mistakes that cost us a goal.

juventus lazio 4-1

chievo juventus 1-2

juventus gala 2-2

milan juventus 2-3

fiorentina juventus 4-2

5 big mistakes leading to goals, in 10 matches is way too much. i no longer belive its just a dip in form, but rather hes current skill level. his reactions and agility is not good enough, and this is the result.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'd put it more down to confidence than a physical decline. It's just far too rapid for it to be. The way he ran out and took out Bonucci and cleared it last night shows me he doesn't trust the D right now either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)