Gianluigi Buffon (15 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Italy's World Cup-winning goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon admits he could leave Juventus in the summer.
The 28-year-old, who had been linked with Chelsea after the serious head injury to Petr Cech, said: 'There is the possibility that I will remain at Juventus but there's also the possibility that I will leave.'
Buffon turned down a move to Inter Milan in the summer to remain with the Turin giants, despite the club's demotion to Serie B and additional punishment of a 17-point deduction following the match-fixing scandal.
Last week, Juve were given a huge boost in their fight to return to Serie A when they were handed eight points back following a successful appeal.
'I will decide in June what to do,' said Buffon.
'I have to consider several things. I always take a last-minute decision and right now, I am in no hurry.' :disagree:

source: soccernet.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juve-Prince said:
Italy's World Cup-winning goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon admits he could leave Juventus in the summer.
The 28-year-old, who had been linked with Chelsea after the serious head injury to Petr Cech, said: 'There is the possibility that I will remain at Juventus but there's also the possibility that I will leave.'
Buffon turned down a move to Inter Milan in the summer to remain with the Turin giants, despite the club's demotion to Serie B and additional punishment of a 17-point deduction following the match-fixing scandal.
Last week, Juve were given a huge boost in their fight to return to Serie A when they were handed eight points back following a successful appeal.
'I have to consider several things. I always take a last-minute decision and right now, I am in no hurry.' :disagree:

I have been saying this for a while, but nobody listens.:disagree:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
There's nothing new here. It's the same comments he made a while ago, it's just a matter of the media trying to influence the situation and push him toward Chelsea.

Buphs

Oct 27, 2006
Juve-Prince said:

Baah, I don't think Gigi will leave. And I don't think that we could make it to Serie A next season without him. Chelsea's third goalkeeper Hilario are doing a fantastic job in Champions League and the premiership. He safed a penalty against Sheffield United last weekend, and there have only been scoring one goal against him in three games. Well, maybe Chelsea does have one of the greatest defensive in Europe, but I know that it would be a very hard job for a third keeper to come in and make safes like these. So Chelsea, get away from our Gigi:D

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Buphs said:
Baah, I don't think Gigi will leave. And I don't think that we could make it to Serie A next season without him. Chelsea's third goalkeeper Hilario are doing a fantastic job in Champions League and the premiership. He safed a penalty against Sheffield United last weekend, and there have only been scoring one goal against him in three games. Well, maybe Chelsea does have one of the greatest defensive in Europe, but I know that it would be a very hard job for a third keeper to come in and make safes like these. So Chelsea, get away from our Gigi:D

It´s not just Chelsea.

Many clubs are interested in Buffon.

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
There is nothing we can do to control what his personal ambitions are.. but IMO, leaving would be a mistake.. Juve offers him legendary status, praise beyond what he'll ever get anywhere else, top class football, promised trophies and one heck of a salary..

Buffon is prob just having fun with the media tho.. hehe

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I like the idea of messing with media and give them some speculations :D:D ... good sense of humor then :p:p
but it's surely not it .. maybe he's just saying that so when we get back to A the board would raise his salary to keep him in :)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

nothing new, he always said he will consider at the end of the season. what more can we ask him for?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
del pietro said:
There is nothing we can do to control what his personal ambitions are.. but IMO, leaving would be a mistake.. Juve offers him legendary status, praise beyond what he'll ever get anywhere else, top class football, promised trophies and one heck of a salary..

Buffon is prob just having fun with the media tho.. hehe

Top class football, trophies and salary are not exactly what Juventus can offer him better than other teams - for example, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Milan and Manchester United.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I think his decision will depend a lot on JUVE 's plans to next serie A season!
we need a very strong and competitive squad in order to fight for scudetto :agree:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Omair said:
HEH ... Buffon will make a wrong decision if he leaves :agree:
:agree: I hope he's just stringing the media along. I think that it will take a lot to get him to move, so it would be a big club that had a lot to offer him. I hope he doesn't go to the EPL.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Canna left - plays like crap

Emerson - no comments

Thuram - hardly starts a game

Zambrotta - He's not the best anymore

Vieira - He plays for Inter

Ibrahimovic - He plays for Inter

So, see for yourself Gigi, does it worth leaving? :eyebrows:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Elvin said:
Canna left - plays like crap

Emerson - no comments

Thuram - hardly starts a game

Zambrotta - He's not the best anymore

Vieira - He plays for Inter

Ibrahimovic - He plays for Inter

So, see for yourself Gigi, does it worth leaving? :eyebrows:
more like being dogged everywhere he plays, everyone just comes in and makes a fool out of him....He was one of the weakest players against chelsea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)