Gianluigi Buffon (15 Viewers)

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
I tought Aguero's chance and that header were certain goals, but Buffon

I'm not going to lavishly praise his legendary saves anymore, i'll just be like:

Buffon.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Buffon.

Because what did you expect, peasant forward.
This.

Seriously, when Cheesio played that stupid backpass and Aguero (one of the best strikers in the world) got onto it all I thought was "Gigi's got this".

I dread the day we have to replace him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
BTW Joe Hart had some nice words to say about him, these were before the game:

Hart, 28, said: “Buffon is right up there with the best goalkeepers in the world.

“It’s hard to say whether he’s the greatest of all time but certainly in my lifetime he’s been at or near the top for a very long time.

“Regardless of his age, he doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere.

“I was excited to play against him the first time. Sometimes when you meet your heroes you can be a bit nervous because you don’t want them to let you down.

“But he was just amazing, just a real genuine guy.

“I see the way their players look at him and the way Italy treat him. He’s a World Cup winner, he’s done the lot.”

Buffon broke the appearance record for Juventus recently and is showing no signs of slowing down.

Just like the Italian, Hart seems to be an integral part of Manchester City and would love to achieve something similar at the Etihad.

The England keeper added: “He’s a real inspiration. He’s showing no signs of letting up. Age is definitely just a number to him.

“Every time I come up against him he seems to have a great game and I’m sure it will be the same here.

“To do what he has done is definitely body reliant. I never want to stop and I feel good.

“Playing every couple of days isn’t a problem to me.

“But I don’t know how that changes as you get older.

“When you see someone like Buffon it definitely gives you encouragement.

“It’s no fluke that people like Buffon break records, it’s down to his longevity, his quality and the way he’s looked after himself.

“It’s going to take a lot of hard work and good fortune.”
Then Hart gets injured during the game :D

This was after Gigi called Hart "one of the top three goalkeepers in the world" before the previous fixture:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-leader-joe-hart-now-6442024

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
best investment ever.

in retrospective...even the top dollars we paid for him at that time... were fukin peanuts if we knew he was going to last this long

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Buffon: 'Still not enough'
By Football Italia staff

Gigi Buffon warned Juventus “cannot fly too close to the sun” after five straight Serie A wins. “It’s not enough.”

The Bianconeri flattened Lazio 2-0 at the Stadio Olimpico with a Santiago Gentiletti own goal and Paulo Dybala scorcher.

“We are still fourth or fifth despite this excellent moment of form, so it’s not enough,
” the captain told Mediaset Premium.

Juve are now on a par with Roma, who face a tricky trip to Torino tomorrow.

“We mustn’t think of what the other teams are doing, just focus on our own journey that is going well, but we still have to realise we dropped too many points at the start.

“We cannot fly too close to the sun, nor afford any setbacks.”

This was also the third clean sheet on the bounce for the Old Lady.

“The credit for the defensive solidity is down to the forwards too, as they work their socks off when tracking back and that is an important sign for the rest of the team,”
concluded Buffon.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)