Gianluigi Buffon (120 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
“Let’s start from the fact you never get tired of winning the Scudetto, as it’s always a pleasure, but it’s also true that the Champions League is not something you win easily,” he told TG1.
“What would I give to reach the Final? I already got there in 2003 and really did not enjoy losing,” Buffon said of the defeat on penalties to Milan.
“If I have another six or seven years of my career left, then I’d give three or four years to win the Champions League.”

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
“Let’s start from the fact you never get tired of winning the Scudetto, as it’s always a pleasure, but it’s also true that the Champions League is not something you win easily,” he told TG1.
“What would I give to reach the Final? I already got there in 2003 and really did not enjoy losing,” Buffon said of the defeat on penalties to Milan.
“If I have another six or seven years of my career left, then I’d give three or four years to win the Champions League.”
Gigi lifting CL trophy :touched:

Dec 31, 2008
“Everyone seems to take it for granted that Juventus will win a third consecutive Scudetto, but Conte warned us that a treble is extremely difficult. You risk falling apart at the first sign of trouble, because you don’t have that hunger and determination that helped you to the first title,” he told Sky Sport Italia.
“Tevez has been misrepresented. He puts the good of the squad above his own ego and has incredible quality. He’s a genuine champion.
“As for Conte, when there was talk of his potential exit I felt a shiver go up my spine. He is the added value of this team and an absolutely crucial element.
“Would I have given up three years of my career for him to stay? Not three years, but maybe three weeks,” joked Buffon.
“In Europe we are competitive, but that’s very different from saying we can win it. You need luck, above all in the draw. Maybe last year if we had faced Bayern Munich in the Final rather than the quarters, it could’ve gone differently.
“There are three or four teams currently better equipped to lift the trophy, that is objectively true. I think at times facing a side you know is stronger on paper can help bring something out of you, though.”

Dec 31, 2008
“I was expecting a call from Conte,” the now 35-year-old stated to the Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday. “He told me some beautiful and important things.
“In the previous season, which was the first under the Presidency of Andrea Agnelli, I hardly played in the first half of the campaign because of injury and I wasn’t myself in the second.
“My head was elsewhere,” the club captain, who needed back surgery after the 2010 World Cup, added. “I thought the time had come for me to change, to leave Juventus.
“However then the new directors and I got to know each other better and their opinion of me changed. To have the maturity to fix relationships after some disagreements bonds you even more.
“That telephone call from Conte was important and, from that moment, I was even more of a Juventino than I was before.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)