Gianluigi Buffon (115 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
“I was expecting a call from Conte,” the now 35-year-old stated to the Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday. “He told me some beautiful and important things.
“In the previous season, which was the first under the Presidency of Andrea Agnelli, I hardly played in the first half of the campaign because of injury and I wasn’t myself in the second.
“My head was elsewhere,” the club captain, who needed back surgery after the 2010 World Cup, added. “I thought the time had come for me to change, to leave Juventus.
“However then the new directors and I got to know each other better and their opinion of me changed. To have the maturity to fix relationships after some disagreements bonds you even more.
“That telephone call from Conte was important and, from that moment, I was even more of a Juventino than I was before.”
It is this part that I was a bit curious about. What disagreements?

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Made me quite nervous about those long distance shots, because he insisted on stomping the ball back into play. Did alright overall.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
having a problem dealing with the late swerve of these new footballs, needs to rectify that.
I sense that teams are targeting him cos of that little weakness of his.Imagine dem Bale's and CR's long shots :scared: Really hope Buffon comes out strongly out of this.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Almost all goalies have this folly due to the vicious swerve of these new balls especially if the shot is coming directly at the goalie. It's less of a problem when the shot is placed at the corners. I think what we should do is work on our defenders reaction. Work on strategies to give Gigi more protection. I remember a Vucinic shot that Muslera punched right in front of him but the Lazio defenders got the ball first.

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
Almost all goalies have this folly due to the vicious swerve of these new balls especially if the shot is coming directly at the goalie. It's less of a problem when the shot is placed at the corners. I think what we should do is work on our defenders reaction. Work on strategies to give Gigi more protection. I remember a Vucinic shot that Muslera punched right in front of him but the Lazio defenders got the ball first.
muslera? :confused2
--
about gigi

yeah its so muenchen esque goal, but i won't blame buffon alone,
chiello, pirlo and maybe pogba according to mark post

forza ragazzi

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
I didn't like he was shouting at our players because Candreva and Hernanes were making long shots, over 30m, if he can't make a save from that distance then, he shouldn't be in goal at all.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I didn't like he was shouting at our players because Candreva and Hernanes were making long shots, over 30m, if he can't make a save from that distance then, he shouldn't be in goal at all.
Well, to your knowledge, defenders must block (or try to ) these shots...even Conte said it!!!
Now don't put all the blame on Gigi...
Having siad that, I think he shares the responsibility of letting Lazio score...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)