Gianluigi Buffon (20 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Buffon:
“I know the referee saw what he saw, but it was certainly a dubious incident. Not clear-cut. And a dubious incident at the 93rd minute
Agree with that assessment 100%! Especially being in the last 30 seconds of the match. A ref with more experience in my opinion with a close call like that would have let the teams play on to decide the winner instead of gifting a team a win.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
After topight i dont want him to end like it like this.
If we were trashed and embarrsed maybe it was time... but not like this. Its an insult.

If he can stay and rotate more with wojej next year.. im all for it, as long as he has the drive.

I think next year something good can happen.

I know , its always about next year.... but i think this embarrassment will not got lightly with agnelli and elkann

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Elkann doesnt even watch our games probably. Otherwise why we keep selling our best players each summer if ambition to win CL.

I really think Elkann doesnt care as long as some numbers in paper look good. It was years ago before Agnelli became president. Remember.

We had these muppets:

Also he doesnt really have any idea about football. Otherwise extra funds would have been released to compete with the Madrids in europe.

He probably just feels "proud" to be able to play against the Madrids and Barcas.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
So can we now talk about the stupidity of Buffons behaviour last night? A 40 year old man with more experience than anyone. The so called captain and leader of out team.

Not only did we have to field a sub that were "cold"; hadn't touched the ball and was most liekly mentally prepared for ekstra tiem (no playing tiem).

Furthermore Buffon who had played his best game for us in a long tiem and who's arguably one of the most intimidating keepers to face, couldn't give the penalty a try. If anyone could have saved the penalty it was Gigi.

And had Woj saved the penalty we were facing 30 minutes of ekstra tiem 10 vs. 11.

Inb4 soem retard questions anyone questioning Buffon, but in my world Juventus > any player.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
So can we now talk about the stupidity of Buffons behaviour last night? A 40 year old man with more experience than anyone. The so called captain and leader of out team.

Not only did we have to field a sub that were "cold"; hadn't touched the ball and was most liekly mentally prepared for ekstra tiem (no playing tiem).

Furthermore Buffon who had played his best game for us in a long tiem and who's arguably one of the most intimidating keepers to face, couldn't give the penalty a try. If anyone could have saved the penalty it was Gigi.

And had Woj saved the penalty we were facing 30 minutes of ekstra tiem 10 vs. 11.

Inb4 soem retard questions anyone questioning Buffon, but in my world Juventus > any player.
Go fuck yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Seriøst, Malthe. Luk røven.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Still, a straight red?

Would you have said the same had Buffon reacted the same way, but gotten a yellow card?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's a clear red card. Unliek the penalty that is a 50/50 call. That was a clear red, you can't act liek that towards a referee.
Joe Hart says hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Exactly. The ref took no chances. In case the penalty didn't kill us off, he wanted to make sure Real would win it.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

It was a chaos, the stupid ref himself forgot to send off Benatia as Mr.Chocolate rightly pointed out. Experience and leadership doesn't help you much in cases like those, I'm glad Buffon didn't break that guys nose, God knows he wanted to.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I just think a more experienced ref would have analysed the situation better, of course people are going to be upset when you call a penalty in extra time, I just think this ref got startled and panicked because of the situation, inexperience, out of his depth whatever you want to call it. I highly doubt a more experienced ref would have given the straight red, yellow fair enough.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A good ref judges his call on what happens, not how players feel.

A good and experienced referee would have shown Buffon the red as well.

A good ref judges equal situations in an equal fashion. If this had happened at the other end, we would not have had a penalty. We all know this. We can sit here and say this is a hypothetical scenario, that we cannot know for sure, that he might have given it.. But it's not true. We know he would not have.

We also know that Ronaldo didn't get a yellow card for diving. Fucker did nothing but dive all night long. But it didn't matter. Even in situations where Oliver correctly called the dive, he refused to give a yellow. Meanwhile Dybala was sent off in the first leg for a dive and a very light foul.

We can't pretend these refs are doing an honest job anymore. It's ridiculous.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Buffon will apologize for his post-game comments. It was really shocking to read his reaction but understandable given what happened and how it happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Del Piero: 'Buffon was wrong’

By Football Italia staff

Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero doesn’t agree with Gianluigi Buffon’s criticism of Michael Oliver - “I found it hard to understand, honestly”.

The English referee awarded Real Madrid a last-gasp penalty in the Champions League quarter-final last night, knocking the Bianconeri out and possibly condemning Buffon to end his career without lifting that trophy.

After the match the goalkeeper was scathing in his assessment, calling Oliver “an animal” and claiming he has “a trash can in place of a heart”.

“When Gigi spoke about the referee… I found it hard to understand, honestly,” a visibly uncomfortable Del Piero said on Sky.

“I don’t understand why we should refer to the first leg, that’s how football is and you analyse the moment, whether it’s nice or ugly.

“I think in a few days he’ll say different things about the referee than what he said.”

Del Piero and Buffon were teammates with Juventus and Italy for many years, winning the World Cup with the Azzurri in 2006.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Buffon will apologize for his post-game comments. It was really shocking to read his reaction but understandable given what happened and how it happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Del Piero: 'Buffon was wrong’

By Football Italia staff

Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero doesn’t agree with Gianluigi Buffon’s criticism of Michael Oliver - “I found it hard to understand, honestly”.

The English referee awarded Real Madrid a last-gasp penalty in the Champions League quarter-final last night, knocking the Bianconeri out and possibly condemning Buffon to end his career without lifting that trophy.

After the match the goalkeeper was scathing in his assessment, calling Oliver “an animal” and claiming he has “a trash can in place of a heart”.

“When Gigi spoke about the referee… I found it hard to understand, honestly,” a visibly uncomfortable Del Piero said on Sky.

“I don’t understand why we should refer to the first leg, that’s how football is and you analyse the moment, whether it’s nice or ugly.

“I think in a few days he’ll say different things about the referee than what he said.”

Del Piero and Buffon were teammates with Juventus and Italy for many years, winning the World Cup with the Azzurri in 2006.

I really think Ale should have chosen his words more carefully here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 14)