Gianluigi Buffon (19 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Might announce his retirement at the Bernabeu

Buffon: 'To end at the Bernabeu...' | Football Italia

Gigi Buffon won’t confirm his retirement, but admits “what child wouldn’t dream of ending their Champions League career at the Bernabeu?”

The second leg of their quarter-final with Real Madrid kicks off on Wednesday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), but considering Juve lost the first leg 3-0 at home, this could well be Buffon’s final match in a competition he has never won.

“It is an extremely complicated test, but we must always attempt the impossible in order to achieve the possible,” Buffon told Mediaset Premium.

They lost last season’s final 4-1 in Cardiff and the first leg 3-0 in Turin, so there is pride for Juventus to play for.

“We want to see if there really is this massive gap between us and them, so that is why we’ll fight to the end in Madrid.

“I don’t know if it’ll be my final match in this tournament, but what child wouldn’t dream of ending their Champions League career at the Bernabeu?”

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Might announce his retirement at the Bernabeu

Buffon: 'To end at the Bernabeu...' | Football Italia

Gigi Buffon won’t confirm his retirement, but admits “what child wouldn’t dream of ending their Champions League career at the Bernabeu?”

The second leg of their quarter-final with Real Madrid kicks off on Wednesday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), but considering Juve lost the first leg 3-0 at home, this could well be Buffon’s final match in a competition he has never won.

“It is an extremely complicated test, but we must always attempt the impossible in order to achieve the possible,” Buffon told Mediaset Premium.

They lost last season’s final 4-1 in Cardiff and the first leg 3-0 in Turin, so there is pride for Juventus to play for.

“We want to see if there really is this massive gap between us and them, so that is why we’ll fight to the end in Madrid.

“I don’t know if it’ll be my final match in this tournament, but what child wouldn’t dream of ending their Champions League career at the Bernabeu?”
In the rare chance we qualify, Buffon can retire at the Bernabeu. The Pole can take it from there.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Imagine Roma winning the CL in his last season.

ROMA lol
Ah still remember when Milan was winning it in 2007 and people here said its great for us too lol.

fkng chameleon fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon taking respect for real at a whole new level, by announcing his retirement at their stadium? :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
TBF he said "final match in this tournament".

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
icemaη;5712141 said:
In the rare chance we qualify, Buffon can retire at the Bernabeu. The Pole can take it from there.
as bad as the old guard Buffon, Barza and Chiellini looked against Real, their supposed replacements in Woj, Benatia and Rugani managed to look even worse against Benevento, at this point I wouldn't be so sure of anyone being capable of taking anything

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
as bad as the old guard Buffon, Barza and Chiellini looked against Real, their supposed replacements in Woj, Benatia and Rugani managed to look even worse against Benevento, at this point I wouldn't be so sure of anyone being capable of taking anything
It's "funny" how people can't stop bitching about Gigi, Chiellini & Barzagli. And at the same time guys like Benatia & Szczesny can't seem to do anything wrong.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

With the exception of Szczesny, that's because they actually are worse. If Rugani was as good as everyone here thinks he is, Allegri would play him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Benatia has probably had one of the biggest shitstorms ever in here lasting 1.5 years. It was Sturaro- or Asamoah-like until some months ago.

- - - Updated - - -
The morroccain malaise or couscous breath @Bianconero81
I can confirm this to be true. The Moroccan Malaise has, however, transformed into a Majesterial Monarch in the centre of our defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)

• Gian