Gianluigi Buffon (18 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So glad our last Serie A game is at home. Gonna be a proper send-off to this absolute legend, who will lift another (individual record) Scudetto that day hopefully.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Sadly he spearheaded this respect Ronaldo and Real campaign. It's like I respect you I'll try beating you but it's almost impossible so I'm going to bow down if you do it as I knew it. We need our old guards to believe strongly, like they did against spurs, act with confidence but it's hard for Gigi to show that because he's used to being nice. He's afraid showing this much confidence will turn him arrogant. I think only cockiness can bear real as we showed in 2015. Of course that want be all and end all as we had a better midfield but you know what i mean.

Case in point bentancur and sturaro(2015). Their debut against such a big team yet they remained focused on their task. Bentancur just played football like Real is like no other team. When you show an ounce of fear, big players eat you alive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I really, really hope our next wave of players don't verbally suck the dick of the best teams in the World. Anything beyond acknowledging their qualities once in an off handed comment is too fucking much.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our old guard keep collapsing in these games and our supposedly inferior players don't, when it's the old guard that spend weeks prior to the game playing up the opposition in their heads and constantly fucking applauding them.

It's cowardly.

- - - Updated - - -

The 2003 final will always hurt the most. In 2015 and 2017 we were always the underdogs, but in 2003 we were the best team in the world.

Legend, sorry we couldn’t give you a CL.
Hard to 'give' out CLs when for years now our goalkeeper has looked hopeless in dealing with long shots.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Lets be honest. He is 40 now. Obv been on a decline.

He has lost the fear factor. There was aura about him. Even if he didnt need to make super saved every game the aura and fear factor was there cause he was capable of pulling wc save out of nowhere. Thats not the case anymore.

He cant continue as a starter. In serie a its all nice and easy. Then the big guns come in europe and mistakes. Dont forget Tottenham game. He almost cost us there to progress.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

He has lost the fear factor. There was aura about him. Even if he didnt need to make super saved every game the aura and fear factor was there cause he was capable of pulling wc save out of nowhere. Thats not the case anymore.

He cant continue as a starter. In serie a its all nice and easy. Then the big guns come in europe and mistakes. Dont forget Tottenham game. He almost cost us there to progress.
Yeh basically this. He has grown too old and too nice to rally this team,,, who is swirling in a spiral of doubt.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Yeah, dont forget the Tottenham games, because it sounds like you're basing all of this on them

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Bunch a' fair-weather fans :agree:
So you expect him to start till what 50?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, dont forget the Tottenham games, because it sounds like you're basing all of this on them
How exactly? So Buffon had amazing game against Real last two times?

This is the biggest problem in italian football. Same shit happened with Cannavaro who should have retired after 2008.

We cant look at this through blind eye or what ever the saying is.

Its quite likely we wouldnt have gotten trashed had we had a keeper in his prime.

But lets keep offering legends contract extensions...thats not how football works.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
This is the other issue. Forget about criticizing players or not or if u are allowed to criticize club legends.

What exactly are you expecting here. This is not a dip in form situation. Buffon is either months or a year from retirement.

When we play against the Sienas and Cagliaris we dont see the shortcomings. Im sure prime Buffon would have potentially kept us in game both yesterday and in cardiff. And that is another issue now.

For years we have counted on having top keeper who save our ass. Thats not there anymore. And its harming us. And we cant just look past that.

That was the start of Milan decline when they kept extending their veterans contracts.

I remember people laughing at them as old pensioners. Well Buffon and Barzagli are the pensioners now.

And if we dont react then it will only get worse. Buffon cant start next season. And Barza should never start ahead of Rugani/Benatia in a top game anymore.

Signs have been there already and we didnt beat Tottenham thanks to our defense. I mean if we conceded 3against Tottenham and 3 against Real and add th trashing by Barca in group you sure cant tell there is nothing needing to be fixed at the back.

- - - Updated - - -

The moment of "lets buy 1-2 quality additions and win the damn CL for Gigi" is gone now.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
So you expect him to start till what 50?

- - - Updated - - -

How exactly? So Buffon had amazing game against Real last two times?

This is the biggest problem in italian football. Same shit happened with Cannavaro who should have retired after 2008.

We cant look at this through blind eye or what ever the saying is.

Its quite likely we wouldnt have gotten trashed had we had a keeper in his prime.

But lets keep offering legends contract extensions...thats not how football works.
Lol, we would have gotten trashed against Real both times with any keeper, you seriously thought that goalkeeper was the problem? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

No, i was being sarcastic.

Pitbull calls you a "fair-weather fan" if you dare to say that a 40 year old Buffon doesn't quite cut it anymore.
Just out of curiosity, when did Buffon pass that line and became too old to be a goalkeeper? I'm just wondering, maybe FIFA should make a rule about it, I mean referees have an age limit, seems like goalies could use one too. what about strikers, when C.Ronaldo expires?

Also, get a puppy or something, it might help you soothe your pain, you're obviously very offended

Apr 5, 2018
I would let Buffon finish out the season as our starting goalkeeper. He won't be exposed in the Serie A and he can finish his career with Juventus as the starting goalkeeper for another double winning season. He deserves it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)

• Gian