Gianluigi Buffon (19 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
When he came back from his back injury he was quite shaky at times.

Maybe not downright bad, but it's the one season of him (that I saw) that I wouldn't call WC.
Sure. He's had 'lesser' moments. But even during those times he was a good goalkeeper. And most of the time he was just world class. Tbh I even think he's the best right now and by quite a margin too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When he came back from his back injury he was quite shaky at times.

Maybe not downright bad, but it's the one season of him (that I saw) that I wouldn't call WC.
Is it when he came from Abiatti was his backup/replacement? Thats litterally the only time I doubted Gigi in 20 years of watching him. Abbiatti looked better then him for a short while until demi-god status was set again.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna cry when he lifts that trophy....
Such is the great man that many fans from many other clubs tell me the same :tup:

FFS I have Real madrid fan friends (and a brother) who tell me they dont mind losing to see Gigi raise the trophy. I tell them they are lucky bastards who can afford to talk like that because winning CL is second nature to them :p

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Is it when he came from Abiatti was his backup/replacement? Thats litterally the only time I doubted Gigi in 20 years of watching him. Abbiatti looked better then him for a short while until demi-god status was set again.
Yup, exactly that.

But it was due to injury, highly understandable.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

- - - Updated - - -
You mean when he totally owned Werder in Germany (first leg of 1/8 final). If that's his lesser season... :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
LOL yeah, he had a major injury and was out for 6 months, so struggled briefly when he came back until he truly showed again he is Son of house of EL :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If we win, then we fucking win and will celebrate a whole fucking year, it will be the biggiest moment in club history for long time.

SO FUCK INDIVIDUAL awards, especially unrealistic ones for a goalie.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Thought it was shoulder? But yeah it was a huge setback. They were nice enough with the olive branch of Abbiati free loan tho.
The shoulder one was way back in 05-06 when Abbiati came in on loan. He came in for the latter part of the season and did fine, but obviously he wasn't perfect. That was the year Capello fucked it up at Arsenal. The injury that affected his form was in the 10/11 season where he had a herniated disc in his back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)