Gianluigi Buffon (129 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
Casillas stopped saving these kind of shots at the age of what..28?
Buffon has beat them all, from Toldo, Khan, Casilias, Cech, Ceaser etc Buffon had outlast them all. Many keepers have come and gone I the last 15 years or so, which one over pundits, but Buffon has been by far the most consistent. I really hope he wins the CL, it will cap of his brilliant career.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
If there really is some locker room dispute and some of the players misbehave, then it is also Buffon's job to try and get things in order. Slap a player or two if he has to. No one is bigger than the club, and if a player has to be subbed, he will accept and respect that decision.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
If there really is some locker room dispute and some of the players misbehave, then it is also Buffon's job to try and get things in order. Slap a player or two if he has to. No one is bigger than the club, and if a player has to be subbed, he will accept and respect that decision.
This! Buffon is obligated to address the locker room given his status.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
There has been tension in recent weeks, for example Bonucci’s disagreement with the Coach and reports the defender will be left in the stands tomorrow as punishment. Did the captain make his voice heard?

These are situations that happen in a team that has a lot of competition for places. I think Juve are now among the elite of football, so it’s normal that incidents like that occur, as the only way to be satisfied is victory and a great performance every individual wants to give to his team.

“If that doesn’t happen, this feeling of responsibility and desire to go beyond limits can cause you to experience some situations in a bad way. It happens when the level of a team is this high, but it’s nothing serious and nothing is compromised.

“I was asked if I intervened when someone didn’t have a perfect attitude, I think all of us have the duty to intervene when work is not done properly.
“As for other situations, we are all more or less the same age except me – as I’ve gone a bit beyond – but we all know how to behave and the dynamics of a locker room.

“I have no idea if Leo will play. The Coach hasn’t given us the line-up yet, so we’ll wait and see. All we can say in these situation is that if there is a very talented, strong and leadership-style players as Leo, we are the first who have to sacrifice ourselves for the good of the team and to maintain certain balances and values.

“Leo is a very intelligent lad who embodies the Juventus spirit, so I don’t think he’ll have any problems accepting any type of decision, as he knows he’ll do it for the good of Juve and will send a teachable moment to the others."

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
http://www.football-italia.net/99379/buffon-‘shut-go-home-and-improve’

Buffon: 'Shut up, go home and improve’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon hits back at recent controversy - “shut up, go home and improve”.

Following the Bianconeri’s recent wins over Inter and Napoli, there has been outrage over refereeing decisions, and the Italy captain has called for an end to it.

“I’ve often found that questions from journalists or articles in the media are designed to create bad feeling or tense situations, to get under the skin of fans,” Buffon explained to Mediaset.

“In this case, no, the opposite happened. The media has been very good at relieving tension and we insiders must examine our own conscience.

“We need to do that because I’ve seen interviews which made me feel gruesome, creating controversies out of things which were almost non-existent.

“I can understand controversy over things which are true, but with these things you need to shut up, go home and improve.

“If you want to create non-existent incidents and wave the white handkerchiefs, that means you’re completely out of order and I can’t appreciate or respect you.”

:delpiero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)