Gianluigi Buffon (174 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
He'd have about 680 appearances without Farsopoli and the dodgy back, it's impressive. His career total is 834. Maldini retired with 902.
It's not fair to count injuries though imo, any guy playing as long as he has is almost bound to have some longer time off at some point.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He also had a long spell out with that back injury.

Flip side - he's a goalkeeper. But Maldini, Zanetti, Totti (plus Costacurta) all played past 40, and he's just turned 39.
I'm not sure it helps much being a goalkeeper, imo the responsibility of a goalkeeper is higher than a LB (Maldini) or a RB (Zanetti) and a dip in form is very visible as soon as it happens.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Dunno about you, but I will celebrate like crazy once Buffon beats his record, just like I celebrated when he beat his NT apps record and when he beat Sebastiano Rossi's clean sheets record.

Forza Gigi !!!
Fuck Mulan !!!

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dunno about you, but I will celebrate like crazy once Buffon beats his record, just like I celebrated when he beat his NT apps record and when he beat Sebastiano Rossi's clean sheets record.

Forza Gigi !!!
Fuck Mulan !!!
So you celebrate players reaching a certain amount of games? Such an inda thing to do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 171)