Aug 29, 2010
'Goalkeepers dont win you points, perhaps a few'

Buffon however, is much, much more then just a goalkeeper

I cant immediatly recall a game where a goalkeeper made such an insane impact

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Buffon: 'I’ll prove them wrong’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus and Italy captain Gianluigi Buffon warns “I live to make people eat their rash words”.

The goalkeeper has come in for criticism in recent weeks after errors for the Azzurri and at club level, with some suggesting his level is finally starting to drop at the age of 38.

“It’s fun when people want to hold your funeral and then you prove them wrong,” Buffon said on Tiki Taka.

I live to make them eat their rash words. Retirement? When the time comes I’ll accept it in a calm manner, but for now I’m not thinking about it.

“I want to be there [at the World Cup] in 2018. Ten years have passed since the 2006 World Cup, between 1982 and 2006 there were 24. I’m still missing 14 then, and I want to be there.”

The legendary 'keeper recently received the Golden Foot award in recognition of his extraordinary career with the Bianconeri, Italy and Parma.

“I never get tired of awards, depending on when they come they’re a recognition of the work you’ve done.”

Fucking nailed it like a proper GOD

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The save on that deflection is not possible. What kind of reaction time do you require to not only get a touch on it but to have a closed, strong fist to knock it over?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)